Rdr antenna elevation vs tgp zoom

Hi...

I have the winwing orion F/A-18 throttle, but my question should relate to any throttle or button setting that is remotely similar.

I have the rdr antenna elevation button mapped, so that the rdr elevation goes up, when I pull the button up and vice versa. So far so good...

But the same switch is responsible for targeting pod zoom. Now oddly I have to move it up to zoom in and down to zoom out.

I can handle it, it just doesn`t feel very intuitive. Maybe it`s just me though....

anybody knows, if this is "correct as is"?

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

I also agree this wasn't intuitive to me either. But it is correct to the real aircraft. Apparently different people's brains work differently in this regard, and ours don't agree with the person who designed the system.

• Like 1

You have 50-50 chance to hit the right direction to zoom in, and if it is not the effect you hoped, you move the switch the other direction. Takes about 0.3 seconds to change. After 20 occasion it will become muscle memory. I think at least.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 11:16 PM, rfxcasey said:

Think of it like this, up = forward i.e. moving viewpoint closer to the target. Down = backwards i.e. moving viewpoint farther away from the target.

Agree, Even video control system and camera work this way, advance fordward for zoom in. it is like moving forward physically close to the subject.

• Like 1

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro