I am not getting the supercarrier comms...at all.

comcat

Hi I just noticed on MP servers that other players get special calls from carrier after take off and so on. I have never gotten these comms, although i have the module, same freq and everything.  I only get the old, normal calls on approach....can anybody point me in the right direction? do they need to be activated?

cheers

Edited by comcat

6 hours ago, Tholozor said:

Which carrier were you operating from? CVN-74 doesn't have a Supercarrier counterpart currently.

it was on Hoggit GAW from Theo R. Carrier CV71(?) and another player clearly was receiving different calls, on approach and take off, I heard them but didn't get the same comms.

15 hours ago, Tholozor said:

CVN-74 doesn't have a Supercarrier counterpart currently.

SC comms take over if you have it installed, even for standard carriers.

@comcat Does the other SC stuff work, like animated crew? Maybe you have SC disabled in Module Manager.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

6 hours ago, draconus said:

SC comms take over if you have it installed, even for standard carriers.

@comcat Does the other SC stuff work, like animated crew? Maybe you have SC disabled in Module Manager.

yes I see all the SC features including i can switch to the cat views and the paddles station, but i never knew there where SC comms because i never heard them. I was surprised when i heard SC call a jet after take off.

how do i fix this. anybody from DCS?@BIGNEWY?

Edited by comcat

• ED Team

Hi comcat, 

so just to confirm, you own the supercarrier? If you do and are on the correct frequency you should get the comms. 

Please attach a short track replay example of it not working and we can take a look. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY I have the module, I have since my last post -uninstalled the module and re-downloaded it, and made a repair of DCS.

I am looking for some comms that I have heard other players are getting in MP on the same freq , like a "goodbye call" from mother after launch. I have also red on reddit about it, other than that, not much to be found

I have attached a file from a standard mission supercarrier launch caucasus.

any idea is much appreciated. I'm just curious as to why i dont have it, hope I am not chasing a ghost.

carrier launch comms.trk

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, comcat said:

...like a "goodbye call" from mother after launch.

Never heard it. Can you link a video with such comms?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, Minsky said:

CASE III departure when on tower's frequency.

Thanks. It's very rare for me to take off in Case III. The departure comms are absent in Case I.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:28 AM, Spock14 said:

Yeah and I get depature comms only if I start as Hot Start on the catapult. If I start from the ramp as cold start I will never get Case III depature comms.

I can confirm. Same radio, same settings, F-14 - no Case III departure comms when cold starting but works fine when hot starting on cat.

• ED Team

Sorry for overlooking this, we are checking 

edit: this is now reported to the team

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2