Shooting structures with Hellfires

104th_Money

Is it possible to get George to target a building or structure instead of only vehicles or infantry?

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Not that I have found, but you can get around it by putting a solider on top of the building or right next to it, takes a lot of shots though to destroy. Also I don't recall seeing Hellfires ever being used IRL against a building? Fired into one to take out the people inside of it yeah, but not take one down...

Rgr that, was hoping not to have to add a soldier. I didnt mean to take out a whole building but at least hit it with one or 2.

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

4 hours ago, gav88888 said:

Not that I have found, but you can get around it by putting a solider on top of the building or right next to it, takes a lot of shots though to destroy. Also I don't recall seeing Hellfires ever being used IRL against a building? Fired into one to take out the people inside of it yeah, but not take one down...

There was a recent comment that Apaches started the firing of the Gulf War in 1991.  Apparently a group of them sneaked in during the early hours (02:00 if I remember correctly), and then promptly demolished an early radar station using a combination of rockets, hellfires and gunfire.  No idea of that include Hellfires firing at buildings.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Ed Macy and Charlotte Madison (British Apache pilots who wrote about their experiences in Afghanistan) both describe using Hellfires to destroy buildings. (Macy's "Apache" and Madison's "Dressed to Kill" are both great reads.)

• Like 1

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

5 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

There was a recent comment that Apaches started the firing of the Gulf War in 1991.  Apparently a group of them sneaked in during the early hours (02:00 if I remember correctly), and then promptly demolished an early radar station using a combination of rockets, hellfires and gunfire.  No idea of that include Hellfires firing at buildings.

I remember that, yes they did use Hellfires against the EWR buildings. Can't seem to find the video but I do recall hellfires blowing up big square structures 🙂

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/gulf-war-apache-raid/

Exceptionally in this particular case it doesn't matter if there is a video of this or that, or if it was used against this or that IRL. 

Fact is that currently George cannot lock or even see anything else than units. But we should be able to shoot at everything we like to, with utilising George while sitting in the back seat. Just something like a "my line of sight" command, but not a whole rough direction to an area as it is now. Instead a secondary alternative mode (while keeping the current mode) with the exact point we look at. As a first step or something. Just a thought.

Of course all WIP now and I hope that it will be possible in the future.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Andartu:

Exceptionally in this particular case it doesn't matter if there is a video of this or that, or if it was used against this or that IRL. 

Fact is that currently George cannot lock or even see anything else than units. But we should be able to shoot at everything we like to, with utilising George while sitting in the back seat. Just something like a "my line of sight" command, but not a whole rough direction to an area as it is now. Instead a secondary alternative mode (while keeping the current mode) with the exact point we look at. As a first step or something. Just a thought.

Of course all WIP now and I hope that it will be possible in the future.

hmm good point. Maybe another "mode" for George as CPG. would call it TADS, or maybe better "Laser" as if it would be another weapon. So you can put George to Laser mode: Up Short for "Look at my LOS" to get rough dir. Then maybe long up/down/left/right for slaving TADS for a couple of meters... depending on the zoom lvl?

Consent to fire for laser 2nd detent continous until you "consent" again maybe? 

Down Short to store a point.

Right short for engage LMC or image auto tracker when it is implemented!?

Just some rough ideas. Think it will get tricky to not mix up long and short. Maybe even another 2 modes, like TADS and then Laser to get some keys commands separated.

K

So I just found a work around. If you place enemy static objects, either barracks armed, buidling armed or watchtower armed, George will target them. In the target list it comes up as undefined.

Testing it out, the barracks armed will explode immediately after first Hellfire impact and will be destroyed The building armed will catch on fire and explode after a minute or 2 and will be destroyed. The watchtower armed will not show any damage but will no longer appear on the list.

Edit, road outpost will also show up in target list as undefined and can be destroyed.

Edited by 104th_Money
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1