Reloaded HARMS Won't Fire

drspankle

41 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Maybe fiddle with the hard point power switches next time. I've had similar issues with other systems, I change planes.

The hardpoint power switches, if you meant he two to the right of the stick next to the FCR and Radar Altemeter power switches are for the intake chin hardpoints (TGP & HTS) and are not related to the weapon hard points on the wings.

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Hi all - thanks for your replies.  I have tried switching stuff off and back on again and cycling through the override modes and then back into A-G, and all manner of other things but it always happens with a reload.  It's clearly a bug because I have changed nothing from the first sortie (where they fire succsesfully) to the second, where the selection of the threat on the HAD doesn't hand the target to the missile and the designated SAM stays as a white box.  Frustratingly, there's no way of knowing this until you're airborne and well into the threat rings.

Any ideas ...?

This happened me yesterday on MP, I waited to rearming complete, but I didn't turn off harm once all was fired, later once rearmed all HARMs was already on due that, but seems that internally it was off. Cycle on/off didn't fix the issue, only selecting other slot fix the issue.

• ED Team

If you are able to reproduce in a short track replay please link it here, so far we have not reproduce this issue. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok, seems to be a MP (as client) only bug, I tried to replicate it in SP but when I rearmed HARMs, it appeared in off state (and works well) but if you do the same in MP it appears "on" and you can't fire it.

P.S. If you hosts the server it works like SP, you must to be a external client.

Edited by riojax

5 hours ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

When rearming, do you wait until the ground crew says „rearming complete“?  And did you power on the newly loaded harms?

Yes to both.  Tried it again today and got the same problem.

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you are able to reproduce in a short track replay please link it here, so far we have not reproduce this issue. 

thanks

Sorry to be an ass-pain, but how do I do that?

Cheers,

Dr Spankle

Happened to me in MP too, when I landed to rearm HARM they wouldn't work, couldn't fire HARM, tried switching stores off and on, powering HARM of and on, HTS off and on, but nothing seemed to work, HAD page could not lock the emitter it would get stuck in handoff, white color.

3 hours ago, Furiz said:

Happened to me in MP too, when I landed to rearm HARM they wouldn't work, couldn't fire HARM, tried switching stores off and on, powering HARM of and on, HTS off and on, but nothing seemed to work, HAD page could not lock the emitter it would get stuck in handoff, white color.

The same happens me only if land (and rearm) with HARM in "on" due that in MP once rearmed it stills in on state but internally seems off (in single player or self hosted MP it sets off correctly)

On 5/14/2022 at 7:41 AM, Furiz said:

Exactly what happens to me.  Do you know how to provide the track replay for Bignewy?  I haven't a clue ...

1 hour ago, drspankle said:

Exactly what happens to me.  Do you know how to provide the track replay for Bignewy?  I haven't a clue ...

Problem is that it cant be a short track,

so ED could recreate with cold start loaded with HARM and HTS, fire HARM and DO NOT power off the pylon after, when they land and rearm HARM it will bug.

Or I can post a longer track but no assurance it wont be broken.

• Like 1

• ED Team

I have tested today in multiplayer, cold start, fired my harm, did not touch any of the hardpoint switches, rearmed and went back out and the HARM worked as intended. 

If someone does have a track replay showing it not working please link it here. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have tested today in multiplayer, cold start, fired my harm, did not touch any of the hardpoint switches, rearmed and went back out and the HARM worked as intended. 

If someone does have a track replay showing it not working please link it here. 

thanks

Did you self hosted the server? I only replicated it as client on a external dedicated server (not self hosted)

• ED Team

Hi, yes, and the MP testing team have also tried on the dedicated server. 

thanks

Tried it on an MP server. Spawned, took 2 harms, shot at an SA15, went back, landed and made sure the SMS page showed the PWR ON, loaded up another 2 HARMS and watched it during the Rearm process. as soon as the crew chief reports "rearming complete", the SMS page changed the PWR ON to PWR OFF. Took off again, turned the PWR ON, shot 2 HARMS at another SA15 just to see if it even launched them. worked fine.

My guess is: if your SMS page still showed PWR ON, you didn't wait until the crew reported that rearming was complete

Track linked, it's too large to upload.

Public server, 4YA PVP

https://mega.nz/file/gjwSzSrQ#rVI8l3x9io9j1lCxA-wkHuo5dQXebJRL-QGaZyYokdE

Edited by _SteelFalcon_

On 5/13/2022 at 8:34 AM, riojax said:

This happened me yesterday on MP, I waited to rearming complete, but I didn't turn off harm once all was fired, later once rearmed all HARMs was already on due that, but seems that internally it was off. Cycle on/off didn't fix the issue, only selecting other slot fix the issue.

I have this issue with the F18 as well 

• Thanks 1

I experienced this issue on the TTI Syria server (2022-May-20, 03:00 UTC). My second sortie, after rearming would not allow me to fire my 2 HARMs, except by jettisoning them. Unfortunately, the track file is very large, about 135MB, due to the activity on the server and the sortie duration. I include a google drive link to the file, as I can't upload it directly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EvhaeMqVyYEzwQo8dVzOa8yoa3EoPEi/view?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Thanks I think I have something to show the team in a report. 

• Thanks 1