Steerpoint Creation in Multiplayer

drspankle

Would it be possible to create Steerpoints using the F10 map in Multiplayer? Also, can we not remove the need to align Mavericks to the T Pod on the Viper? I know it's ultra-realistic but in a campaign it just takes so much time. 

Cheers,

Dr Spankle

Steerpoints in MP will probably come with mission planning tools as part of WIP DTC functionality.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

22 hours ago, drspankle said:

Also, can we not remove the need to align Mavericks to the T Pod on the Viper? I know it's ultra-realistic but in a campaign it just takes so much time. 

Cheers,

Dr Spankle

To align mavericks you can use those taxiway signs for a fast align, you only have to wait till can power up.

Also, don't know if you are aware, you only have to align one per pylon not all of them. So if you have 3 mounted on one pylon you only have to align one maverick. Maybe thats what was takin lots of time away.

14 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Steerpoints in MP will probably come with mission planning tools as part of WIP DTC functionality.

Great stuff - thanks. Is there a rough timeframe?

12 hours ago, Furiz said:

To align mavericks you can use those taxiway signs for a fast align, you only have to wait till can power up.

Also, don't know if you are aware, you only have to align one per pylon not all of them. So if you have 3 mounted on one pylon you only have to align one maverick. Maybe thats what was takin lots of time away.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I understand all of that, I just can't be arsed waiting whilst hordes of A-10s monster the remaining targets!

Cheers,

Dr Spankle

2 minutes ago, drspankle said:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I understand all of that, I just can't be arsed waiting whilst hordes of A-10s monster the remaining targets!

Cheers,

Dr Spankle

yea they should make all Mav capable planes do the alignment 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drspankle said:

Never is I'm afraid, elements of which were teased over 3 years ago, but nothing else since other than it still being on the roadmap.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 hours ago, Furiz said:

yea they should make all Mav capable planes do the alignment 😉

The A-10C has to align the Mavs. It’s not a big deal though, you can start the process on the ground and it doesn’t take long. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5