Update Hype

DSplayer

https://www.facebook.com/683574075163547/posts/2016178585236416/

New TCS internal textures along with white AIM-54s (looks like a new model)

image.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

1 hour ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Maybe i'm wrong but I don't think the C ever been white since it's from the mid '80s

Nah there were white variants of the AIM-54C. They were phased out as the grey ones came in tho. 

4 hours ago, Grater Tovakia said:

Very cool! Does anybody know if they are going to offer a white variant for the 54C or just the A? 

The Facebook post sadly only stated white AIM-54As.

• Like 1

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

I wouldn't rule it out in the future, right now separating out the AIM-54A is the short term solution. Eventually they may be able to leverage EDs own ordnance skin flags like bombs can for the AF/Navy with ablative. And remember too there were some mixmaster missile photos, part gray and part white.

I tried but couldn't see any AIM-54A in gray, I'm guessing that they didn't repaint them and just expended them for live fire shoots.

• Like 2

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

23 hours ago, Egri_komrade said:

TCS internal texture, that means the actual lens gets a seperate texture

I only got to see an F-14 with TCS up close once or twice, but the TCS was really neat.  It had a really striking blue tint to it when viewed from head on (perhaps it was just reflecting the sky, but anyways, it was cool).  Based on the screen shots, it looks like we are going to get a taste of that.

9 hours ago, Mig Fulcrum said:

Maybe i'm wrong but I don't think the C ever been white since it's from the mid '80s

My understanding is that in 89, missiles schemes were changed across the board to darker tones. This however took some time. The below image is from 89/90 iirc. 

Screenshot_233.png

7 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

I wouldn't rule it out in the future, right now separating out the AIM-54A is the short term solution. Eventually they may be able to leverage EDs own ordnance skin flags like bombs can for the AF/Navy with ablative. And remember too there were some mixmaster missile photos, part gray and part white.

I tried but couldn't see any AIM-54A in gray, I'm guessing that they didn't repaint them and just expended them for live fire shoots.

This is likely the case, Im well aware asking for the white Cs is very rivet counting of me and not a big deal lol. I Just think it would be cool if they managed to pull it off.

5 minutes ago, Grater Tovakia said:

My understanding is that in 89, missiles schemes were changed across the board to darker tones. This however took some time. The below image is from 89/90 iirc. 

Screenshot_233.png

This is likely the case, Im well aware asking for the white Cs is very rivet counting of me and not a big deal lol. I Just think it would be cool if they managed to pull it off.

As Cobra's least favorite rivet counter I totally get it, that's where I'm hoping they can eventually get the deets for using the LUA ordnance switch framework that ED has. It's doubtful that we'd get 20 different iterations but an alternate white C shouldn't be too bad a stretch, but would probably come down the road. Right now I think we're ramping up towards some of the big visual updates and additions with the external fixes and tweaks that are coming this next patch. Those lay the groundwork to add the missing bits on the B and late A, make some fixes, and start working towards the "early" features.

• Like 1

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

15 hours ago, WarthogOsl said:

Don't we already have white AIM-54A's?  The 70's liveries seem to have them, at least.

They change to gray on firing. The solution there is that the 54A needed to become a separate missile model in the core sim which is what should be happening here. 

• Like 2

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 2 months later...

Reviving this topic for more hype:

IMG_7645.png?width=740&height=1266

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Wingmate said:

I wonder if the refueling probe removal will be a mission editor option, or controlled via description.lua similar to the helmet in the hornet.

Probably could be like the fuel probe on the JF-17 and the ALE-39 loadout which use the ground crew menu as well as a mission editor option.

3 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Also some feet pr0n...

dcs-world-flight-simulator-07-f-14b-oper

Can't wait for this!

I own (supported) the Tomcat since the pre-purchase period, casually flew it around a bit when it released and then parked it in my virtual hangar waiting for the (VR) pilot body to be added. To some (especially pancake users) the pilot body feature is probably just something to hide immediately, but as for me; thank you HB for working on this! 💪

(I wonder if we will be able to see our own virtual mustache hairs if we look down 🙃)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 hours ago, Wingmate said:

I wonder if the refueling probe removal will be a mission editor option, or controlled via description.lua similar to the helmet in the hornet.

It's just the door panel option - not a probe removal.

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

(I wonder if we will be able to see our own virtual mustache hairs if we look down 🙃)

No, the mask is on.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 minute ago, draconus said:

No, the mask is on.

awww... 😟

we should be able to have it dangle from our helmet, so we can look cool in the camera 😎

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

10 minutes ago, draconus said:

No, the mask is on.

Indeed, but there's a modeled pilot face template in every single skin we use ingame, default or custom ones. So it seems in any moment of the creative process anyone thought in showing pilot's face.

HB_F14_EXT_PILOT.png

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

5 minutes ago, OLD CROW said:

Indeed, but there's a modeled pilot face template in every single skin we use ingame, default or custom ones. So it seems in any moment of the creative process anyone thought in showing pilot's face.

I think AI pilots standing next to a parked aircraft have the masks off - have to check.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 minutes ago, Pasquale1986 said:

What would be really nice is an option to use a desert flight suit for the pilot model with Syria and PG map

Being Heatblur guys and knowing their attention for details, i expect it

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier