Pc shuts off and turns back again on when Windows 10 was loading,getting devices read

Hi pc:

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally.

Is my pc fine?

Why pc shuts off ( OFF heard psu click) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.
But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Windows 10 working now normally no issues , but just asking about that. Thank you so much my friends.

Looks normal to me, if it only happened once and on first boot with new config.
If it's the same Win10 installation from previous config, make sure there are no chipset drivers and related software from previous motherboard that can conflict with the new one (uninstall those and reboot). Afterwards, install the correct chipset drivers for your new motherboard and carry on.

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Someone said this to me:"Although Seasonic is a quality product, sounds like your PSU is in the initial stage of expiring (been there). If you can live with the annoyance keep it until it fails (and replacing the PSU is a trivial matter if you have to go that route)."

So it can be can psu? I am worried

This sounds like the normal shut down and restart procedure that Windows goes through when setting up new hardware. The PSU clicking when it is powering down or powering up sounds normal too. My Corsair PSU does the same when I turn it on or shut down.

Like Lucshep suggested, double check your Intel chipset drivers are up to date and carry on as normal. Thats a lovely rig, enjoy it.

Someone said this to me:"

PSU shouldnt click during software install. If it reboots on its own after PSU shuts down and restarts there is a setting in the BIOS to restart on power failure. May have been a utility problem that was coincidental unless you are running a UPS.

PSU shutting down isnt normal but several reboots while detecting hardware is normal."

So what to think now?

Edited by sew333

Not again...

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

@sew333: My dude, I think preventive maintenance and troubleshooting is essential with PC usage, but the old adage "if it's not broken, don't fix it" also applies.
If it only happened once on first boot of the new system configuration, it's quite normal. Enjoy that system instead of worrying about it.

That said, if you do feel that worried about it and need to clear doubts, you may simulate a "worst case scenario", by running both CPU and GPU stress tests (benchmark) at same time, while monitoring system total (peak) wattage and temperatures. It's reasonable as a quick test for PSU.

For example....
Cinebench R20 (CPU -- Run) at same time that you run Heaven Benchmark (max settings, v-sync OFF, 1920x1080 resolution or higher).
And HWinfo to monitor temperatures, wattage, etc.

A small period of time (less than 5 mins) with both CPU and GPU benchmarks running in loop-repeat, and simultaneously, should be "bad enough" to stress test that system.

As the CPU and the GPU are the most power-hogging components on any system, and with both being pushed at same time (again, like a worst case scenario simulation), then you'll see the system being closer to maximum load, and likely able to see if your PSU is fully capable and stable at max loads. If it's not, then it may shut down.
..........oh, and if things get too hot or smelly, interrupt tests imediately! 😛  *j/k*

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Dude, as Bitmaster and others have noticed there is a case of "deja vu" here.

From what you have told us. Plus taking into account what you have been told on Geforce.com. Both Lucshep and myself think your system is probably fine. However its your system and your responsibility. If your worried do the stress tests recommended. If your still really really worried RMA your PSU. Failing that enjoy your system.

I can tell you that when my system a 5900x and a 3090 powered with a Corsair TX850M. Turns off, turns on and even when it restarts, it makes an audible "Click" sound from the PSU. This is normal and I enjoyed an hour or two of DCS tonight without any problems.

I dont think any of the more experienced forum members on here are going to have another answer for you.

It happened after Aorus logo screen,just before windows loaded first time . In moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.

Someone on geforce.com said that i must rma psu. I am worried. So what now?

"

Sora

"its the psu buddy, i told you it'd start to behave like this ages ago. your psu cannot handle the startup currents without registering an overload event."

What is registered overload event?

Edited by sew333

if you changed any UEFI Settings / Bios Settings, Windows will update from old Boot manager to new one, and then tell the System to do a full power cycle (yes, windows can do that).

Depending on the settings changed, a full power off is required, as devices are detected on power up before post.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Gigabyte Boards have a capability that is called "memory training" if it does that, your PC completely shuts down and then comes up a bit slower than normal. But it should do this while on the AORUS Screen. And this should usually be only the case after UEFI Changes. It should not do that on loading Win 10.

There is a chance that your PSU wiring on your 3090 is done wrong. Give every power connector its own power cable. Do not use two connectors of the same wire. The 3090 is a power hog and it can powerspike. Seasonic PSUs are a bit sensitive on such spikes. So you might have a look at your wiring.

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

Oon games and high load and on windows 10 desktop i dont had single shutdown.

It happened after Aorus logo screen,just before windows loaded first time . In moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since. Wiring is fine.

Edited by sew333

Then thats a Bobby McFarrin Case

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

Don't get me wrong sew333,

but tbh, in this case I always recommend DELL 4or5-Year NBD Premium Plus Support.

They cover all of those things that may drive a noob nuts and don't know whom to ask and trust, I come across this from time to time among my customers.

Manifest a relation of trust with one of the Top Dogs selling computers for a premium but also deliver premium service.

They will investigate and repair if needed. I am aware that is 500-1000€ on top of it all, but that is how valuable such expertise is and if you don't trust our words,

those guys at Dell or HP are professionals and do anything else but HelpDesk and fix Alienware computers, Falcon NW, etc   any of the top names.

Going around in circles in Forums is definitely not the way for someone who is uncertain or incapable of investigating issues sufficiently with Google and common sense and a little understanding of the matter. Consider an OEM that has Premium Support via Phone and Remote Management capabilities or buy at a Boutique around your corner where you can physically take your PC and say "I have a problem with this PC, Sir". 

The thing is, you gotta trust someone at the end of the day.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I ask because my first motherboard was faulty. Whenever i turn it on all the leds and fans turn on for a half second then turn back off again, repeat forever. I cleared CMOS battery. Unplugged GPU. Removed 1 stick memory the same.
My friend come with hes mobo Z690 and all parts working fine with hes mobo. So i went to shop and they exchanged me Aorus Elite Z690 to other example and second motherboard booted fine.

So thats why i ask. Is that psu/shutdown ( psu click ) and reboot on new motherboard just before windows 10 was loading was somehow related ,that i have second motherboard faulty,or its completetly different thing?thx

Just my first motherboard ( that before exchange ) dont wanna boot. It stuck with boot loop. ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF. And psu was clicking too.
But new motherboard booted fine and its ok fine?