In game checklist

upyr1

21 minutes ago, Tippis said:

Yes you do. You're just not informed enough to understand it.

Not that this laughably pathetic attempt at a strawman is in any way, shape, or form relevant to the topic at hand anyway (but then, that's the inherent nature of strawmen and why you must so desperately cling to them as your only hope of even remotely being able to make it seem like you have anything cogent or worth-while to say).

Prove it. (Or… you know, just admit that you can't because, well, you can't — you just made that up.)

I assumed it was open to the check list 

21 minutes ago, Tippis said:

Irrelevant.

So what's even your point here? What on earth are you even blathering about as far as the topic here? You have read the OP and understood the topic of the thread, right? Or are you just doing your usual off-topic spam trolling in the vain hope that DCS never evolves?

No, really. What on earth was the point of your post?

The point ti this and all his other posts are he lives under a bridge because he's a troll.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

I assumed it was open to the check list

You can see the kneeboard in the video, it has some handwritten notes with numbers but not a checklist. He’s moving too fast to be using a list. I can’t do it this fast because I only have one mouse 😆

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

You can see the kneeboard in the video, it has some handwritten notes with numbers but not a checklist.

And from this blurry view of one page you are able to divine the full content of his entire kneeboard. From this you then conclude that checklist are not used, and that DCS must not be improved through their presence.

Impressive. Most impressive. Or just utter nonsense.

Edited by Tippis
  • Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

FWIW, I made my own checklists for the F-16 a while ago, they are customized for the in-game aircraft. I put them in the kneeboard, and I use them all the time. I'm planning to make them available in the forum, but I'd like to revise them once more first.

The only problem I can possibly see with default checklists for each module would be what items to put on them. Somewhat comprehensive checklists are quite long (even though they are already shortened compared to the real jet, because some sections and items don't make too much sense in DCS), so new players who would just like to get the aircraft airborne quickly for some basic flight training would possibly be overwhelmed.

With regards to memorizing checklists, there are some items on checklists that pilots must memorize, but they are not typically for normal procedures, they are the ones for emergency procedures that need to be executed so quickly that going through the checklist would not be practical. Those are called memory items, and they are clearly marked as such on the checklist. Apart from that, checklists are supposed to be used, not memorized. On some civilian aircraft, like e.g. the Airbus A320, the avionics computers will even run you through various checklists, and you either have to check the items or perform whatever task is required (the computer recognizes that and checks the item automatically), just to make sure you don't miss anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aquorys said:

The only problem I can possibly see with default checklists for each module would be what items to put on them. Somewhat comprehensive checklists are quite long (even though they are already shortened compared to the real jet, because some sections and items don't make too much sense in DCS), so new players who would just like to get the aircraft airborne quickly for some basic flight training would possibly be overwhelmed.

Starting a cold aircraft without a checklist as a guide can be overwhelming.