Semi-clickable flaming cliffs and future FF modules

upyr1

55 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

FC-4 never exist. ED has talk Mac has a standalone product.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

When I say MAC is FC-4, I mean that even though the name Flaming Cliffs isn't used the basic concept is the same. I know it is a standalone product but it is the same target market 

17 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

As a free mod that does not break our EULA it is some impressive work.

However we have no plans to make FC3 clickable officially, and there are no plans for future flaming cliffs aircraft. 

thank you

Do you think that something like that might be implemented in MAC? I'm hoping to see the flaming cliffs aircraft get replaced with FF modules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upyr1 said:

MAC is basically FC 4

We have no official info on either .. how can you state this?  I'm growing a bit tired with all the misinformation that some members of the community spread here. 😞

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

We have no official info on either .. how can you state this?  I'm growing a bit tired with all the misinformation that some members of the community spread here. 😞

When I say that MAC is basically FC 4, all that I am saying is that it has the same level of fidelity and is aimed at the same segment of the market. In short, they took the concept changed the name and expanded it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

When I say that MAC is basically FC 4, all that I am saying is that it has the same level of fidelity and is aimed at the same segment of the market. In short, they took the concept changed the name and expanded it. 

You don't even know what features will MAC really have, nor what FC4 would have either, since it's a fictional product at this time, so phrases like your's are actually inaccurate and misleading.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

24 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Remember Nineline worlds...

I know it is a stand alone product, however that doesn't change the following facts.

1. It is aimed at the same target audience as FC
  2. It has a similar or same level of fidelity as FC
  3. After doing MAC it would probably not be a good idea to do FC-4 as I don't think there would be much to differentiate the two. 
  4. ED has no plans to do FC-4 I was under the impression that MAC will replace FC in the DCS product line

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

As a free mod that does not break our EULA it is some impressive work.

However we have no plans to make FC3 clickable officially, and there are no plans for future flaming cliffs aircraft. 

thank you

Free mods are great for the community members that run them, but not so great for anyone that can't/wont for whatever reason.

I'm not complaining that this has anything to do with anyone else but myself because its my decision. I really tired mods BN, and unfortunately it caused more problems then I felt it was worth.

I admire guys like Rudel, because they make it look so easy, but I can't say that has been my experience. And there are a lot of mods that I definitely wont and would pay for.

But DCS is an absolutely amazing platform. I am so impressed with what you guys do, but I also can't help feeling that DCS World itself would benefit from the addition of some of the mods as official DLC. There are some amazing mods out there, and a lot of them cover areas that ED itself has trouble devoting development time for. Like WWII ships for example.

I am new to the FC3 product line, but have to admit I wish I did't wait so long. I see mods like the one being discussed in this thread as offering a real benefit, and based on the number of threads devoted to this topic, I highly doubt I am alone. But thanks for your clarification on the topic anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

You don't even know what features will MAC really have, nor what FC4 would have either, since it's a fictional product at this time, so phrases like your's are actually inaccurate and misleading.

When I say MAC basically is FC 4, it is because while it is a stand alone product, I have the impression that MAC is going to replace FC in Eagle's product line. As the two are supposed to have similar levels of fidelity. the history of the MAC product is beyond the scope of the thread which is it would be nice to see some clickability in MAC or any future FC similar to the clickable FC mod, and may be some point FF modules based on the AC in Flaming cliffs. 

• Like 1

• ED Team
36 minutes ago, upyr1 said:

I know it is a stand alone product, however that doesn't change the following facts.

1. It is aimed at the same target audience as FC
  2. It has a similar or same level of fidelity as FC
  3. After doing MAC it would probably not be a good idea to do FC-4 as I don't think there would be much to differentiate the two. 
  4. ED has no plans to do FC-4 I was under the impression that MAC will replace FC in the DCS product line

We don't really have a firm statement on how it will all work. MAC will be where FC lives on, whether that means that if MAC gets new aircraft that we dont have in DCS will be able to be used in DCS or other solutions, I simple do not know right now. As far as DCS is concerned, we have no plans for adding more low-fidelity aircraft that I am aware of, meaning they will all be full fidelity, clickable, fully modeled, etc. This means I know of no plans to do a FC4, MAC will be the direction of further development of FC type aircraft.

• Like 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

18 minutes ago, NineLine said:

We don't really have a firm statement on how it will all work. MAC will be where FC lives on, whether that means that if MAC gets new aircraft that we dont have in DCS will be able to be used in DCS or other solutions, I simple do not know right now. As far as DCS is concerned, we have no plans for adding more low-fidelity aircraft that I am aware of, meaning they will all be full fidelity, clickable, fully modeled, etc. This means I know of no plans to do a FC4, MAC will be the direction of further development of FC type aircraft.

Thanks, I know after getting reminders that MAC exist, I made the comment that it was basically FC-4, because as you stated there plans to have two product lines. I really didn't want to get off the thread which is that if there are ever any more low-fi modules they should be semi clickable as I think they would work better in VR if they were

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

I do hope that the basic flight model, weapons model etc. will be to FC3 standards. I remember the 'arcade mode' for the original Blackshark... and it just wasn't that much fun as targets could be instantaneously detected, selected, and engaged. It didn't work. I think FC3 level of systems modelling is a must.

That said, I do think there is room for removing the 'switchology' without removing all systems modelling or the quality of flight models. I could also see a product like MAC having additional and newer aircraft (thanks to the shallower systems modelling requiring less reference materials and fear of accidentally releasing secrets).

I hope to continue using FC3 and the Su-25/Su-25T in DCS indefinitely (which seems to be the case so long as it remains the free aircraft).

• Like 1