vertical gyro cage buttons don't turn off the vert gyro warning lights?

lwalter

Following the startup procedure from Chuck's guide, I reach the point when I have to cage the vertical gyros.

I push on each button several seconds, but nothing happens. The warning lights above the buttons don't turn off.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

thanks @AeriaGloria

will retry and carefully my startup flow, especially the electrical panel and the radios

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

works! must have missed a switch or two.

• Like 1

I have had this happen when I bungled the checklist order regarding the electrical panel. No clue on exactly what I did to get there, but I solved the problem at that point in time by cycling the generators. So if you end up in the same situation again, try cycling the generators.

• 2 weeks later...

first of all.. the read light going away means the gyros are "uncaged", aka working.

The red light is not a "warning light", it just means that the gyros are spinning but caged.

And if a button press does not uncage them... it usually means your birds systems have not enough voltage.. (usually when APU is off too early, before takeoff, throttle not at 100%, cold weather, rotor rpm too low, aso).
This might also mean that the AP channels will not be able to be turned on, usually... until there is enough current in the system.

For the longest time the source issue was solely that the 115V Transformer mode "auto" did not work.. and you had to switch the rockers to "main" on the left panel (breakes, not the rectifiers, the transfomers) - this seems to have been finally debugged... but I still switch them to main.

null

image.png

Edited by rogorogo

2 hours ago, rogorogo said:

first of all.. the read light going away means the gyros are "uncaged", aka working.

The red light is not a "warning light", it just means that the gyros are spinning but caged.

And if a button press does not uncage them... it usually means your birds systems have not enough voltage.. (usually when APU is off too early, before takeoff, throttle not at 100%, cold weather, rotor rpm too low, aso).
This might also mean that the AP channels will not be able to be turned on, usually... until there is enough current in the system.

For the longest time the source issue was solely that the 115V Transformer mode "auto" did not work.. and you had to switch the rockers to "main" on the left panel (breakes, not the rectifiers, the transfomers) - this seems to have been finally debugged... but I still switch them to main.

null

image.png

Inverters have auto mode now??

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Well.. I am not coming up with these labels and their actual function and functional meaning vs a direct translation.
see fe ...

(which btw is still not cohesively labeled between cockpit labels and keybind labels but at least coherently labeled in each)

But this is what the mousemap labels for the rockers are:
up - MAIN
center - AUTO
down- BACKUP

image.png

with the earliest "official" startup "guide" video (that may or may not have seen the usual ex-post treatment by now, which I will remain unaware of) stating the center position as the correct/intended/working one from the PoV of the product.

Except that this never worked.. and many-a-times back then on SRS it was very helpfull for many to solve many issues by selecting the up position ("Main") for systems to work.
With the down position ("Backup") to this day completely unknown if it has a function, if that functions works, if that functions works correctly.   

As currently every single impact anywhere by anything causes launch capabilty and or electrical damage, every actual impact causing minor pressure or rpm loss causing inevitable crashes, and one of the many sudden FM state changes still causing the unrecoverable RBS of doom from a stable peacefull and rather leisurely paced forward transition arrest, the DISS-15 working reliably but not for the rolling paper map which has a trigger issue suddenly to not work at all and then snap around like some sort of magic insta garmin - I'd rather not dig through documentation at this point.

But more importantly I cannot tell if it works now.. because the reliable marker for it (the DISS-15 map) has currently stopped working altogether (unless you decide to become a commercial airliner.. which does not go so well for a Crocodile, especially on the Cold War Server.. the actual one, not the recent social media kindergarten clone.

Also I am not getting paid for this, any of this - and those that are... well. Let us leave it at that.

So to conclude.. back then.. center rocker positon was supposed to be correct, yet did not result in correctly (as in "function at the time") working systems.. up position did result in correctly working systems.

Edited by rogorogo

8 hours ago, rogorogo said:

Well.. I am not coming up with these labels and their actual function and functional meaning vs a direct translation.
see fe ...

(which btw is still not cohesively labeled between cockpit labels and keybind labels but at least coherently labeled in each)

But this is what the mousemap labels for the rockers are:
up - MAIN
center - AUTO
down- BACKUP

image.png

with the earliest "official" startup "guide" video (that may or may not have seen the usual ex-post treatment by now, which I will remain unaware of) stating the center position as the correct/intended/working one from the PoV of the product.

Except that this never worked.. and many-a-times back then on SRS it was very helpfull for many to solve many issues by selecting the up position ("Main") for systems to work.
With the down position ("Backup") to this day completely unknown if it has a function, if that functions works, if that functions works correctly.   

As currently every single impact anywhere by anything causes launch capabilty and or electrical damage, every actual impact causing minor pressure or rpm loss causing inevitable crashes, and one of the many sudden FM state changes still causing the unrecoverable RBS of doom from a stable peacefull and rather leisurely paced forward transition arrest, the DISS-15 working reliably but not for the rolling paper map which has a trigger issue suddenly to not work at all and then snap around like some sort of magic insta garmin - I'd rather not dig through documentation at this point.

But more importantly I cannot tell if it works now.. because the reliable marker for it (the DISS-15 map) has currently stopped working altogether (unless you decide to become a commercial airliner.. which does not go so well for a Crocodile, especially on the Cold War Server.. the actual one, not the recent social media kindergarten clone.

Also I am not getting paid for this, any of this - and those that are... well. Let us leave it at that.

So to conclude.. back then.. center rocker positon was supposed to be correct, yet did not result in correctly (as in "function at the time") working systems.. up position did result in correctly working systems.

I honestly don’t know the majority of the things you refer to. The map works perfect for me. You just have to be conscious of the strict doppler attitude limits, using sea mode when over water, and not using airspeed to DISS mode. Never had a random RBS. Only get engine damage from hits to engine and only get launch failure from hits to the wing, which used to be a lot more sensitive but is better now. The armor around those engines is only 6mm and doesn’t even cover the entire surface, we don’t even have gearbox damage modeled yet. Or Oil cooling/pressure loss. 

And that post about the AP labels is from shortly after launch, they are correctly translated for a very long time now 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg