Not really enjoyable

Hi all.

Sorry to say, but his campaign is not really enjoyable.

Flying a mission with 3 dumb wingmen (ok, it is a general DCS issue) which attacks some AAA 50 miles away instead of their

primary target is almost impossible. If you go winchester, you have to invest another hour to fly it again, because there is

one jeep, which you couldn't destroy because of this issues.

In Mission 4 e.g. you need to destroy the ammo bunkers on Siri Island. Again, ordering stupid wingmen to attack the primary

they're going to attack some ZU-23 on the previous island unnessesarily and get shot down. Then, after destroying the bunkers

and trucks, landing on the carrier the result is just 50, making you to fly the mission again and again.....

I will kick this campaign now, because i'm fed up with it now. Invested a lot of time for nothing.

The only progress possible is tweaking the logbook.lua 😟

my two cents

sterny

Edited by sterny70

You know, when these missions are shipped for publishing they are working, objectives, AI doing what they supposed to be doing and all that. Now, usually, from the moment a campaign is tested and okayed and shipped to ED, and the moment the campaign is published it takes somewhere between 3 to 6 months to be available for download. Why is that? Beats me! It is humanely impossible for the campaign devs to test it with each update and with different ways the players are going through them. Some are very precise, some are not. 

As soon as I know about a bug I act on it and provide a fix as soon as I can, there are already 3 missions that are updated/fixed that are submitted to ED right now. 1 2 and 10. I will look at mission 4 and see what is the reason is not progressing to 100 and I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

If you are not aware, if I see a mission that's completely broken I make sure that the updates are available ahead of time and let the players have that mission before ED is updating it. 

Thanks for bringing that error up. I will test it and come up with an answer as soon as possible. 

As for how enjoyable it is, it's a matter of taste. Some people really enjoy it, some maybe not. Some people are vocal about it some aren't. If saying your peace makes you feel better kuddos to you man. Clear skies and happy flying.  

• Thanks 1

I really like the campaign SorelRo! While the OP is allowed his opinion people that don't frequent the Mission Editor have no clue what can be randomly ruined from DCS updates for absolutely no reason. Sometimes the simplest triggers go missing or just flat out don't work due to changes ED has made. I'm on mission 6 and apart from a few small glitches this campaign is great! Especially some of the set pieces you've got made, the Naval ships in Mission 5 supporting the Marines was really cool to see. Keep it up!!

• Like 1