Cougar Throttle TUSBA_R2 and Warthog stick set up.

Greetings,

I currently run DCS in VR. I have a HOTAS that's configured as a Cougar Throttle with a TUSBA R2 connector and Warthog Stick. It's working as expected. The only issue I have is that sometimes there's a need to use the keyboard to get some tasks done. There was a way using Foxy back in the day to create scripts in order to allow for shifted sequences. Such as holding down the S3 button and pulling up on the throttle comms would invoke a command to an external view say. 

Is it possible to get something like this working with the current set up I have?

I appreciate any feedback and comments about this.

Thanks,

-Matt

16 minutes ago, MattM1121 said:

Is it possible to get something like this working with the current set up I have?

it’s unlikely, the Cougar processor was located on the stick, not the throttle, so it is lacking on your setup. The warthog stick should be able to be programmed using the TARGET software, but you will be restricted to programming just the stick’s hats and buttons, not the throttle.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Some options.
1. Convert your Cougar to magnetic sensors and USB, no need for TUSBA. If one changes the hardware ID on the new board in the Cougar, it will be compatible with T.A.R.G.E.T

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/188571-tm-cougar-ch-magnetoresistive-hall-sensor-kits/page/23/#comment-4941748

2. Get VoiceAttack!
3. While your at it get VAICOM, a plugin for VoiceAttack. (Almost) no more radio menus. Speak to ATC, tankers, JTAC, wingmen and Jester.

4. I think there are software that can do it already. RSremapper (?), Joystic Gremlin. I don't know. Never tried any of them.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're just looking to add shifted buttons to command existing DCS functions? That's something you can do pretty easily within DCS. 

In controls setup select the Modifiers button on the bottom left. Select Add to add a new one. Select the device you want the Modifier button to be on, then press the button to assign it. The only catch here is that you can't also bind a Modifier to a function, it needs to be either a button or a modifier.

Once you've assigned a button as a modifier, simply select any available control function and bind it like normal, hitting the modifier and the button you want to shift.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same setup plus fssb r3 for the stick ( amazing).

The solution for the dcs is ok ( modifiers  in the UI) but i have in my opinion a better one . 

I installed vJoy 2.2.1 signed . set up  a virtual controller with 128 buttons ( 4x 32) plus 4 hats .

I installed gremlin joystick .( AMAZING) . I use hidhide to hide the cougar and warthog. Now when i open setup controllers in windows i see only vJoy and my rudder pedals.

Gremlin is an amazing software  and lets have layers . macros  , scripts. Very easy to use. Honestly ( target is by far more difficult)

It can do anything you like . 

Of course the main thing is that you can use it in other programs that modifiers don't exist ie msfs, falcon bms, sturmovik  ,everywhere.. 

If you need help let me know

Cheers