Play Argument does not work at all

As the title says - set up a trigger on a static mig21 (also tried other aircraft) and added an "play argument" call. Running it alongside a smoke in a zone to make sure the trigger is working and the smoke pops but no change on the actual aircraft.

I tested it with various aircrafts and selections nothing ever worked. I attached my mission file

BrokenPlayArgument.miz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niphoria said:

As the title says - set up a trigger on a static mig21 (also tried other aircraft) and added an "play argument" call. Running it alongside a smoke in a zone to make sure the trigger is working and the smoke pops but no change on the actual aircraft.

I tested it with various aircrafts and selections nothing ever worked. I attached my mission file

BrokenPlayArgument.miz 7.66 kB · 1 download

I think what you want to do is what you can see in attached picture.

If it was with Default livery instead of "VVS - 234 GvIAP" it would be super light and straight forward - just create a Description.lua in folder "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\MiG-21Bis\Default with ladder\" with this inside :

Spoiler
--lua description file start

livery = {

}
custom_args = {

[24] = 1.0, -- Ladder + extinctor

}
name = "Default livery with ladder"

-- lua description end

But in your case you have to recreate a .zip livery file, with different names then original (example : "VVS - 234 GvIAP with ladder", which I did to test), with the code "[24] = 1.0, -- Ladder + extinctor" added in "custom_args" of Description.lua file that is inside the .zip - and put it in Save Games Liveries folder.

So it is a 138 mB zip file I won't try to post.

VVS - 234 GvIAP with ladder.jpg

Thank you for your answer ♥

This did work however it had unintended side effects 😛

While this could be a nice temporary solution i still need the actual "Play Argument" to work since im working on a mission generator and generating all these skins on the fly would be a pain.

p.s. also tested it with the default skin and the ladders arent there.

Have a great day ♥

Ladder.PNG

2 hours ago, Niphoria said:

...Have a great day ♥...

Much thanks, you too !

Yes sorry I totally forgot to say that it is a workaround, and that for what I know "play argument" doesn't work, whatever the static unit or the argument.

Edited by toutenglisse

• 2 weeks later...