Cargo Hook will not connect

Cahoot

If you land next to a cargo crate the Mi-24 will not auto-connect to the cargo like the Huey, and Mi-8 does.  As there are no helpers or views to aid in hover attach mode other than Petro, it makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to get hooked up, especially in Multiplayer.  There are videos of it working on youtube when landed next to the cargo so I assume it is bugged.   The manual even states the Hind should not be used in a hover if possible. 

• ED Team

Hi, 

welcome to the forum, can you attach a short track replay example, we can take a look. 

Ive not had any other reports of any problems and the last time I tried it was working. 

Are you selecting the cargo from the radio menu? 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, I have spend probably 6+ hours trying to get it to connect both ways Hover and landed. Even butting the nose of the Hind to the crate.  I pop the cargo, the smoke appears but the rope will not engage.   I also made a single player mission and tried it on my own client. The multiplayer server host recommended I come here as they confirmed the issue. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zYcEa5Dw1XFy6C7F7

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I have reported the cargo hook not working while on the ground. 

Hover over payload and hooking is working

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2