AH-64D Griffin Campaign [Version002] [Gulf of Oman] [MP, COOP 2-8]

I just finished mission 2. I really enjoyed it. Supporting the tanks when they passed through that grove was awesome. I did notice, after I destroyed the 1st outpost, the vehicle column seemed to drive extremely slow. I mainly just kept pace with the tanks. I'm playing it through SP by myself, through the mission editor. 

Only thing I'd add / recommend is more real life radio recordings. I think you had one at the very beginning of the mission. Super immersive. Another guy did a great job using clips from actual Apache radio recordings, certain triggers would play certain clips. Missions were called Troops In Contract.

Looking forward to mission 3. Thanks for making these.

14 hours ago, JJJ said:

I just finished mission 2. I really enjoyed it. Supporting the tanks when they passed through that grove was awesome. I did notice, after I destroyed the 1st outpost, the vehicle column seemed to drive extremely slow. I mainly just kept pace with the tanks. I'm playing it through SP by myself, through the mission editor. 

Only thing I'd add / recommend is more real life radio recordings. I think you had one at the very beginning of the mission. Super immersive. Another guy did a great job using clips from actual Apache radio recordings, certain triggers would play certain clips. Missions were called Troops In Contract.

Looking forward to mission 3. Thanks for making these.

Maybe they are careful ;), it didn't bother me. You have more free time to look for enemies. 😅

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Dagobert666 changed the title to AH-64D Griffin Campaign [BETA001] [Gulf of Oman] [MP, COOP 2-8]
On 6/15/2022 at 5:48 AM, bgrade said:

Had to drop in and tell you thank you for doing these. I'm having a blast, they are awesome! They are long but they feel unique and they are exactly what I would imagine what an apache would do! 

Long and from cold and dark start, this is what I like! 😊

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

can not see the campaign; when I place the griffin folder, into the campaign folder?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Problem with accepting mission #1 TAC, while I try to enter the tactical TSD and enter the coordinates, the key board just blinks and will not except the new mission coordinates. I follow the briefing "HINT" to enter the required info but it will not accept.

ok I figured it out Mission #1 works I just didn't know that I was redirected by WP04 and it should be a BP or Task not waypoint.

good job finished 

mission1.jpg

mission12.jpg

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Bit late to the party 😋

Not that it's an issue or anything, but is it correct that this campaign won't show up in the "Campaign" section within DCS?

I placed all mission files in my main DCS install folder here: D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Missions\Campaigns\Griffin_Campaign

But it doesn't show up in DCS

I know I can load them as single missions, but it's easier to keep track where I left, when playing it as a campaign.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Bit late to the party 😋

Not that it's an issue or anything, but is it correct that this campaign won't show up in the "Campaign" section within DCS?

I placed all mission files in my main DCS install folder here: D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AH-64D\Missions\Campaigns\Griffin_Campaign

But it doesn't show up in DCS

I know I can load them as single missions, but it's easier to keep track where I left, when playing it as a campaign.

hey welcome to the party 🙂

The Txt file that defines the Campania is currently missing. The file will be delivered later in September. At the moment I am unfortunately fully occupied with RL. So unfortunately you have to play the missions individually. I have to say again, it's an MP coop campaign and a server needs the missions individually anyway.

Edited by Dagobert666

On 7/1/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dagobert666 said:

hey welcome to the party 🙂

The Txt file that defines the Campania is currently missing. The file will be delivered later in September. At the moment I am unfortunately fully occupied with RL. So unfortunately you have to play the missions individually. I have to say again, it's an MP coop campaign and a server needs the missions individually anyway.

Ok no problem 🙂

Just checking if I was doing anything wrong. I converted them all to SP btw.

Small bit of feedback on mission 1 transit flight (spoiler alert):

Spoiler

Maybe for mission 1 you could consider adding a radio F10 menu message, that the player could call up in case he/she isn't fast enough to enter the jtac coordinates.

I had some trouble finding which ident code to type in and when I finally managed, the coordinate message was gone.

(Also a mission kneeboard would be icing on the cake)

Awesome job anyway @Dagobert666

Thank you!

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

As said before in this thread, this campaign comes close to DLC quality! 👍

The use of static units on your improvised FARPs is next level. Very good atmosphere.

Any chance @Dagobert666 you could do the same kind of magic on a Syria campaign? 🙏

System specs:

On 7/9/2022 at 8:37 AM, sirrah said:

As said before in this thread, this campaign comes close to DLC quality! 👍

The use of static units on your improvised FARPs is next level. Very good atmosphere.

Any chance @Dagobert666 you could do the same kind of magic on a Syria campaign? 🙏

Yes plz!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, Dagobert666 said:
Now everything should work in the mission... I hope. Fingers crossed

link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh2qse2mawihbwc/M04_AH-64_CAS_V04.miz?dl=0

Great mission, ADF for farp was really cool 🙂

The only issue I had was I took off before the artillery fired, they did it when I landed at the end. Seemed to not affect the outcome

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 9:31 AM, Goblin 1-1 said:

Ive been playing DCS for years and so far mission 0-6 is some of the most fun Ive ever had in the sim.  Thank you!  

Haven't you played campaigns like "The Enemy Within" and "Raven One" ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 9:23 AM, Zarma said:

Haven't you played campaigns like "The Enemy Within" and "Raven One" ?

I own the KA50, AH64, A10CII and the F18 modules.   I have done The Enemy Within which is great.  I bought Raven One because I hear it is possibly the best campaign in all of DCS but my F18 training isn't far enough along yet to attempt it.   

On 7/31/2022 at 6:30 AM, Dagobert666 said:

Wow! that's pretty high praise! Sincerely THANK YOU

My friend and I just completed the rest of the missions last night.   Definitely a blast having a buddy in the cockpit with you.  

• 5 months later...

Just stumbled on this.  Looking forward to introducing to my flying buddies (3 of us total).  Not many "campaigns" build for MP, thanks for doing this, @Dagobert666

Just a suggestion on the description in the downloads section.  I was very confused when the zip contained only the 10 missions (hadn't considered how ED doesn't really support MP Campaigns).  I was looking for the standard ".CMP" master file and it took a bit to figure out there's no such thing as a MP Campaign, just MP missions.  Maybe a few words on the description saves some time for those people less familiar with MP and more accustomed to SP campaigns?  

Regardless, really looking forward to checking this out.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 2/9/2023 at 9:05 AM, Mistermann said:

Regardless, really looking forward to checking this out.

Flew 2 missions with my mates last night.  Overall had a great deal of fun, thanks!  A few elements of constructive feedback/comments.

Spoiler

Mission 0

• Starting on the Tarawa at dawn was a great touch.  We all sat in game watching the fireworks.  It looked and SOUNDED awesome.  Really nice job!
  • Lots of formation flying practice.  It was cool.  I hope future missions are a bit more "snappy" in terms of the navigation:action ratio.  
    • Fully understand there's a realism vs. game element here and its your choice as the designer on how to tell your story.
  • Popping blue smoke was a welcome addition.  Not all my mates were able to create a new WP from the coords so it added a nice backup visual.
  • My team got excited to lay waste to an insurgent group hiding in town when we were tasked with the additional mission element.  We were all a bit disappointed it was over so quickly.  We all agreed it was a fun element of the mission.  Our only wish was for a larger/longer engagement.
  • You spent a lot of time building out that FARP.  Thank you for making it feel real.
  • I did pop open the ME to take a look at the triggers and enemy concentration:
    • Not sure when you developed this campaign, so it might have been before ED expanded flag naming.  Just in case you're not aware, you are not limited to simply numbers when naming flags.  You can now use text to give flags meaningful names making mission editing/debugging much easier. 
    • I see there are late activated groups in this mission.  Unless I missed something, they are never activated.  These definitely would have added some spice to that JTAC encounter.  Based on what I saw in the ME, you spent quality time planning for additional resistance in that town - do you have plans to go back and add to the triggers in order to account for those late activated units?  Might they be for a different mission (I see a number of units that don't seem to be related to this mission on the map)?  Please disregard ... I misread where these late activated units were located.

Mission 2

My group was so happy with Mission 0, that we immediately dove into what we thought was the next mission.  The guy selecting missions for the MP server selected M2 thinking that was the second mission, we we actually flew the 3rd mission instead of the intended 2nd.  We'll rectify that next time we fly.  

• Love the CSAR aspect of this mission!  Great concept.  Had a Blackhawk down vibe to it.
  • Another somewhat long flight with little do until arriving at WP2 - this was exasperated by our zealousness to get into trouble.  Within about 5 minutes of getting on station we were all dead.  Instead of jumping back into Apaches and flying the 40ish miles back to WP2, we jumped into the A10's located around the map and laid waste to the enemy.
  • We will definitely revisit this mission again with a different strategy next time.

I definitely want to close on a positive.  My guys are all talking about hoping on and experiencing M1 and then M2 again.  My texts are blowing up with discussions on strategy and how we approach M2 the next time.  Thanks for making this possible, @Dagobert666.

Edited by Mistermann
Corrected assertion that LA units were for M0
  • Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Flew the correct second mission last night (M01) and had an absolute blast.  From a MP perspective, it might have been the best experience I've had in DCS.  We all fly a bird and leave the hellfires to George.  

We encountered a trigger issue upon entry to the mission that told the first person in game that the game was over (great music, btw!!).

[=GAME OVER=]

<---INSERT COIN TO CONTINUE

I deleted the player death trigger and we restarted without any issues.  For anyone playing in MP, below is the trigger I removed.  There are no flags impacted by this removal, so I figured it was a benign change to the overall mission itself.

image.png

Below are some observations

Spoiler
  • WOW ... action started almost right away.  A real change of pace from M00 and M02.  Nice!
  • My buddies and I suffer from a real RTFM (M=Mission) problem and thought we were flying to WP1 to meet a convoy.  We couldn't find anyone and assumed incorrectly that they already started moving -- we didn't leave the FARP right away and were worried they were moving into danger.  We moved towards WP2 and all hell broke loose.  It wasn't until we eliminated the enemy at WP3 and WP4 that we realized the F10 option needed to trigger the convoy.  DOH!! 
    • I'll be more careful as we progress through the rest of these missions.  Once we released the convoy, the voiceovers were a little out of place, but we all knew what they were reacting to.  We will likely replay this mission.
  • The "R" rated language is something that appeals to my group.  @Dagobert666, thanks for having the courage to "go there" with your voiceovers.  We all got a kick out of some of the motivational phrases you chose.

The state of this campaign is listed as "BETA" and was posted in May of 2022.  Is this still being worked on?

image.png

So far, me and my mates have spent close to 10 hours playing through the first 3 missions and have had a blast.  We are all looking forward to playing the remaining missions.  Great job on making the missions tie together, yet provide a unique experience for each.  Thanks for spending the time creating this, Dagobert666.

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod