AH-64D Griffin Campaign [Version002] [Gulf of Oman] [MP, COOP 2-8]

Hello everyone. A single mission has now become an entire campaign of 10 Missions.

-All missions have been created entirely (within my possibilities) with Voice Acting (TTSFree).
-All missions are story driven.
-All missions contain random elements.

I would be very happy about feedback. Even negative feedback can help! But please stay constructive.

I hope you enjoy it. That's the reason why I'm doing it at all 🙂

Story [Alternate History]:

In the summer of 2012, the CIA discovered that a nuclear bomb had been sold from Russia to Iran by sea, hidden on a freighter.
Two F14B Tomcats immediately take off from the Abraham Lincoln carrier battle group, which happens to be in the Gulf of Oman at the moment.
A direct hit sinks the cargo ship with the bomb on it.
After a series of Iranian retaliatory strikes against CVN Lincoln and Saudi Arabian assets, the Pentagon decides to weaken Iran so that it no longer poses a threat.
The large-scale air operation of the Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt battle groups. Breaks the backbone of the Iranian Air Force. The Black Skull squadron stands out in particular.
Now the ground offensive has begun.
Among the units taking part in the invasion is the 101st ARB Griffins Company.
You are part of this unit that has just arrived in the Gulf of Ohman at this very moment!

- Version 002
- 10 missions made for coop play. 2-8 players.
- Full off Voice Acting (TTS).

[Requirement]
- Gulf of Oman
- AH64D Apache

[INFO]
In this campanie designed for multiplayer, up to 8 players can participate in 4 AH-64D Apache.
All missions were created by me so that you can do them with 2 players in 2 helicopters.

It is very easy to fly these missions in single player.
Just convert the client slots to AI. EVERYTHING should work anyway (but I haven't tested it). 

[Disclaimer / Remark]

- The level of difficulty of the missions varies greatly, since many random elements are installed.

- There is no difficulty curve. The first mission is (in my opinion) the easiest but the last one is not the hardest. The missions were created by me so that it fits the situation.

- I would be very happy about feedback. Also about information about bugs and balance problems.

PATCH002:
- Bug fixes for many missions.
- M02 Convoy fixt!

Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3322448/

Best regards
Dagobert

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I will try this soon, thanks for sharing 👍 .. I'm not an MP guy, so I will try them out in Single Player  🙂 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Good, more AH-64 campaignes, more fun! Thank you for your work, we’ll test it in MP.

The scenario idea is nice.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just flew First Mission in SP,  no issues and was a blast,  wont give spoilers but enjoyed it  very much and look forward to mission two.  Glad we are getting some Persian Gulf map love for the Apache as well.

Fly in VR and had no major issues on my side.

• Like 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

21 minutes ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

Fly in VR and had no major issues on my side.

I'll do the same. 👍

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is it possible that the missions were scored and the message Mission finished successfully ?🙂

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

On 5/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, Dagobert666 said:

feedback can help! But please stay constructive.

Ok, Im after the first mission, thx for you work! Scenario is VERY ok, I like it and cant wait to check the second, next mission (tomorrow). Unfortunately my buddy screwed up so I did it as a single player 😇.

e9LhYKNh.jpg

My thougs:

Spoiler

1/ If you can, maybe please think about to add some of music, you can take it for free for YT, example: 

Its good idea for longer flight (like in transit here, you can set up on one FM channel for example :). If You want I can find and rewrite it a bit (the track).

2/ I took option with JTAC, but the JTAC didnt lasing second target, I checked it in ME and no laser here, for the first APC was ok:

lvhkyJf.jpg

So my Hellfire cant find a target (ok I see rockets here, is it intentional?).

3/ pls think abot SP version, second for MP, I did it myself but it could be nice if it will be as official version done by you for the other users too. Looks like payware quality for me :)! You can connect all missions like the rest of SP campaigns, not the set of missions only - so cant start the second if you dont finish mission before. Just idea but it'll be nice to have it :).

4/ Pls to add message - mission completed successfully (after landing), so maybe player can gain scores like in campaign?

Thank You! Great job!

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

9 hours ago, YoYo said:

Ok, Im after the first mission, thx for you work! Scenario is VERY ok, I like it and cant wait to check the second, next mission (tomorrow). Unfortunately my buddy screwed up so I did it as a single player 😇.

My thougs:

Reveal hidden contents

1/ If you can, maybe please think about to add some of music, you can take it for free for YT, example: 

Its good idea for longer flight (like in transit here, you can set up on one FM channel for example :). If You want I can find and rewrite it a bit (the track).

2/ I took option with JTAC, but the JTAC didnt lasing second target, I checked it in ME and no laser here, for the first APC was ok:

lvhkyJf.jpg

So my Hellfire cant find a target (ok I see rockets here, is it intentional?).

3/ pls think abot SP version, second for MP, I did it myself but it could be nice if it will be as official version done by you for the other users too. Looks like payware quality for me :)! You can connect all missions like the rest of SP campaigns, not the set of missions only - so cant start the second if you dont finish mission before. Just idea but it'll be nice to have it :).

4/ Pls to add message - mission completed successfully (after landing), so maybe player can gain scores like in campaign?

Thank You! Great job!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Spoiler

Damn that's really good feedback! More than I hoped for.

I'm going through the points now and trying to answer them.

1) I'm happy to do that. The problem is that it increases the size of the already large mission files. And the campaign can't be bigger than 300MB... that's the maximum size for the ED site. When I've finished all the missions and know what the final total size is, then I'll think about it. Until then you just have to keep Youtube running on the side... But it's a good idea....

2) There are two fire missions.
I) [TGT-1] are the vehicles. here the JTAC wants to work with laser and Hellfire.

II) [TGT-2] is the infantry. Since I feel Hellfire as a waste of tax money 🙂 So that's rockets. And I don't think a JTAC necessarily lasers individual infantrymen. The IR-Poiter is only for rough orientation. I could also have chosen NO MARK.

Or was there another problem?

3) Is planned! But first I have to finish everything else. SP is really a lot of test work. Because the wingman AI is dumb as <profanity>. I have to put a lot of work into it so that the wingman is of any use at all. So I have to play the missions dozens of times and find out at which waypoint I give the AI which settings. So it will probably take forever. And since I don't have infinite time and I'm only 1 man.... Yes, probably not in the near future. But I've got it on the list... Until then, you'll have to tinker it yourself...

4) There is one in EVERY Mission!

It's even spoken text.
In the first mission there are the following conditions:
->Flage 50 is True = It becomes true as soon as you reject the special order OR at least destroy TGT-1

->ALL of Group "A-Player" in Zone "BASE-RTB" = That means all living players must be in FARP-ROME. The game detects when someone is dead or has left the server. For example, if you are flying with 4 men in 4 helicopters. But then 3 men leave the server, then the one remaining player is enough to start the trigger. But if 4 men sit in 4 slots, then ALL must be in the zone.

->Unit AGL < 2 feet = At least 1 player must be on the ground.

-> Unit Speed < 2 kts = The same player must stand still.

Then comes the credits. With Mission Successfully Done...Congratulations and so on and so on.... Look for yourself it's the last trigger in the list... The name is: ENDE_WIN

every mission has such a trigger....

Feel free to continue to reply if there are any ambiguities.

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for doing these missions!

I just completed the first one, really good so far! Couple of comments: Thankyou for doing the voiceover for the TSD point. That is so helpful as I use VR and when grid points flash up on the screen its super annoying to get them entered or be presented with a wall of points to enter at the start on the kneeboard!! Please do more of that 🙂  On similar note to grid points, the eyeball JTAC gave grid as 6 places so when I initially put it in I ended up in the wrong spot, then added a 0 onto the north and east and then found the infantry and hit them with rockets. Probably my newbie status caught me out on that one 🙂 I had no problem hitting them with rockets.

I had to try and remember how to use ADF in the apache, in the end I couldn't figure it out and just flew to the WP..

Looking forward to doing subsequent missions and I'll edit them so AI can fly other aircraft as you suggest above (unless you release official SP ones). I agree as per YoYo points 3+4. Again, great work thus far!

Edited by spikenet

1 hour ago, spikenet said:

Thanks for doing these missions!

I just completed the first one, really good so far! Couple of comments: Thankyou for doing the voiceover for the TSD point. That is so helpful as I use VR and when grid points flash up on the screen its super annoying to get them entered or be presented with a wall of points to enter at the start on the kneeboard!! Please do more of that 🙂  On similar note to grid points, the eyeball JTAC gave grid as 6 places so when I initially put it in I ended up in the wrong spot, then added a 0 onto the north and east and then found the infantry and hit them with rockets. Probably my newbie status caught me out on that one 🙂 I had no problem hitting them with rockets.

I had to try and remember how to use ADF in the apache, in the end I couldn't figure it out and just flew to the WP..

Looking forward to doing subsequent missions and I'll edit them so AI can fly other aircraft as you suggest above (unless you release official SP ones). I agree as per YoYo points 3+4. Again, great work thus far!

Many thanks for the words.

1) I try to voice over pretty much everything. Really everything. The more ambience the better. I've been a GM at Pan and Paper for 25 years, have built over 1800 hours in Arma3 Missions. And I already have 1000 hours of experience in DCS. And one thing I've learned in all this time: The quest, mission or campaign can be bad. If the ambience is right, then that's more than half the battle.

2) The JTAC is DCS Vanilla which has not yet been converted by ED in such a way that it fully supports Apache.... Apache just needs 8 digits. But hanging a 0 on it is a good idea. So 3 numbers then a 0, another 3 numbers and again a 0.

It's only accurate to 100 feet and not to 10 feet like with 8 numbers. But still works.

4) ADF = TSD --->(L1) Inst ---->(T6) Util----> (B6) ADF ----> select one (L2-L6) -----> ( B5) Freq ----> Keypad: 555 and ENTER ----> (T5) Tune.... that's how it works

5) Don't wait. That will come, if at all, in years. That's why exactly, the man is himself.

Hint:
Find the Flag 100 or Mission_win trigger in each mission.
Change the [ALL of Group "A-Player" in Zone "XXXXXXX"] condition to [Part of Group "A-Player" in Zone "XXXXXXX"]. Then your AI wingman doesn't have to land there for the trigger to fire.

or

Make the last waypoint a landing waypoint. which connects to the invisible FARP then the Ki can also land there (I think)

or

go to the last waypoint and there on ADVANCED---> Then on ADD. ----> TYPE: Preform Task--->AKTION: LAND--- Place the new reference point in the middle of the end trigger zone...

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I did the second one. Yep, I can confirm - payware quality! What a great mission and ideas. I feel the sand in my mounth 🙂 I did it as SP (so converted the mission) but everything was fine (and finally I have info about end of mission with music, after 1,5h of the task). Very nice! Im impressed! Btw. sometimes I saw FARB text, not FARP (Rome).

Rq6MxSUh.jpg

These are definitely not missions for beginner, you must know Apache quite well, but that's how I feel more than a month after the release ;).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I also attempted the 2nd mission after changing flight to AI.. unfortunately at the road block I got tangled up with the stupid AI choppers and crashed.. up to that point it was awesome! 🙂

Thanks for the info on ADF, the manual is actually incorrect so I googled a video that explained how to turn it on and tune it in. I'll have another crack at the convoy mission tonight.. keeping one eye on my wingman this time! 🙂

Dont forget that George is buggy still too and he can shot friendly units too so take care where he shots. I hope ED will fix it in Todays OB Patch.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

yes, I have lost my combat scores a few time because of george! Thanks for the heads up on a incoming patch. I didnt know.

On the subject of george, these sorts of missions are hard as you get no feedback about where to pilot the bird for him to get a clean shot, I normally run the TADS vid on my right MPD but its not that easy to see what george is doing sometimes!

38 minutes ago, spikenet said:

yes, I have lost my combat scores a few time because of george! Thanks for the heads up on a incoming patch. I didnt know.

On the subject of george, these sorts of missions are hard as you get no feedback about where to pilot the bird for him to get a clean shot, I normally run the TADS vid on my right MPD but its not that easy to see what george is doing sometimes!

You can use VID option on MCFD, ACQ > TADS, you will see what George AI is checking but no button STOP 😅 "they are friendly!" - possibly quickly, you can order him to "safe" again armament (long press up menu) but I didnt try it its possible to do so quickly.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Third mission behind me. I had to repeat it because for the first time I was shot down (by RPG), on the second pass I was more careful. I did it as SP. 1,2h of flying.

7teFOquh.jpg

Spoiler

1/ In this mission we have few slots for A-10C pilot, I made them as AI (but in the air I saw only 2, not 4).

2/ In the kneeboard we have wrong data of Freq for AWACS, not 124 but 255.

lrbWxjA.jpg

+ it was one picture from A-10 cockpit (in the kneeboard too)

3/ When I come back I heard great track! Really nice experiance!

Thx!

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

9 hours ago, YoYo said:

Third mission behind me. I had to repeat it because for the first time I was shot down (by RPG), on the second pass I was more careful. I did it as SP. 1,2h of flying.

7teFOquh.jpg

Hide contents

1/ In this mission we have few slots for A-10C pilot, I made them as AI (but in the air I saw only 2, not 4).

2/ In the kneeboard we have wrong data of Freq for AWACS, not 124 but 255.

lrbWxjA.jpg

3/ When I come back I heard great track! Really nice experiance!

Thx!

Thank you.. That was an old A10 mission that I converted. The A10 slots can stay, but I have to delete the kneeboard with the frequencies, that's no longer up to date... 

Inquiry: with 3rd mission do you mean the M02? OPERATION: Broken Wing?

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 1

Completed the first mission SP, fantastic! Took about 1.5h as I had to rearm. My AI wingmen were useless as usual and either all got taken out or they ran into each other, not sure!

Look forward to mission two tomorrow! thanks again!

Yes, the wingman AI is an absolute disaster even with the fixed-wing aircraft. With helicopters it is simply not acceptable!

This is largely due to the fact that if you're not careful as hell you're always within enemy gun range in the chopper.
And the aimbot of the ground units is absolutely deadly, even at minimum skill, usually with the first or second salvo, it Kills you.

Even against real people they are absolutely sureal OP but the wingman AI doesn't understand that. AI Doesn't dodge properly and doesn't keep as far away as possible. The AI doesn't understand where it's safe to be and where you are in the middle of the enemy killbox.

That's why I have to put a lot of work (and Time) into the SP.
I probably need to link a separate group to player Aircraft instead of a wingman. Depending on the situation, I can then make them invisible to other AI or even invulnerable. The disadvantage is that I have to tell the separate group exactly what to do at each waypoint. And somehow program a few rudimentary commands with triggers, which the player can then give the AI via the radio menue Other tab.

OR ED FINALLY SIT ON IT AND FIX THE WINGMAN AI AND MAKE THE LOW SKILL LEVEL GROUND UNITS LESS AIMBOT GOD LIKE..... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 2

The only feedback from me is that when doing them SP, you just cant rely on the rest of the AI flight to participate and share the load of engaging all those targets. It would be great if possible to spawn a FARP so its not a long haul back to resupply. This is something they do well in the rotorops missions.

Did mission 2 last night, dont know how long it took but it was a while! Wingmen useless again, at least they did not die this time! 🙂 Enjoyed doing it and completed without drama.

I normally have spotify playing music when flying so was surprised you had music in the mission..

Edited by spikenet

The fourth mission (SP) behind me. I think it was the longest mission which I ever made in DCS SP, my "a...s" already hurt a bit 😅:

FjXM6Ye.jpg

Great idea as always. I did it as the first time and recived 100/100 score. Great and TY!

YYHJseGh.jpg

Spoiler

1/ I did orders a little in the other way, I didnt land on Dallas FARP at beginning due that I dont trust my wingmans about possibility to land on FARP 😂 and refueling here (likely for AI must be created separate scripts or orders). When I was back I did the orders for the team RTB and I landed on FARP myself only. All copters was back to main base what was good. Full insde tanks are theoretically enough for this mission, but you are back with the fumes only. 👍

2/ this is LOL (check my wingman!) 😅, it landed without a problem also:

cXhkUJZh.jpg

Today the next one! 

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

The fourth mission (SP) behind me. I think it was the longest mission which I ever made in DCS SP, my "a...s" already hurt a bit 😅:

FjXM6Ye.jpg

Great idea as always. I did it as the first time and recived 100/100 score. Great and TY!

YYHJseGh.jpg

Hide contents

1/ I did orders a little in the other way, I didnt land on Dallas FARP at beginning due that I dont trust my wingmans about possibility to land on FARP 😂 and refueling here (likely for AI must be created separate scripts or orders). When I was back I did the orders for the team RTB and I landed on FARP myself only. All copters was back to main base what was good. Full insde tanks are theoretically enough for this mission, but you are back with the fumes only. 👍

2/ this is LOL (check my wingman!) 😅, it landed without a problem also:

cXhkUJZh.jpg

Today the next one! 

I'm REALLY glad you're enjoying the missions. And thanks for the feedback, keep it up 🙂

The upcoming missions should be significantly shorter, from the pure flight time. Then your butt can relax 😛

Edited by Dagobert666
  • Like 1

No problem, I like long missions, it was good challenge :).

Fifth mission done!

joSd5kmh.jpg

Spoiler

I think here it needs some imrovements. I noticed this:

WP01 - I havent any announcement or speech here (from artillery), co cant do reccon flight near this position, I didnt know where to fly so I flew to WP02.

WP02 - ok, here is JTAC (Warrior)? It gave me orders, 9-lines as always but no any MGRS or LAT/LONG data (as speech or in briefing, kneeboard), so I cant support him, I flew to the next waypoint

WP03 - 04. ADF doesnt work for me: 700 (btw. I know how it turns on in Apache). I checked also after mission all units here, in the camp but I didnt notice any unit with FREQ 0.700, or I missed it. Also I found the camp firstly, after this, when I attecked I recived announcement about position of camp and MGRS data, so maybe better way to give trigger a little earlier with this announcement? After WP03 right away?

The whole mission about 1h.

TY 🙂 !

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

10 hours ago, YoYo said:

No problem, I like long missions, it was good challenge :).

Fifth mission done!

joSd5kmh.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I think here it needs some imrovements. I noticed this:

WP01 - I havent any announcement or speech here (from artillery), co cant do reccon flight near this position, I didnt know where to fly so I flew to WP02.

WP02 - ok, here is JTAC (Warrior)? It gave me orders, 9-lines as always but no any MGRS or LAT/LONG data (as speech or in briefing, kneeboard), so I cant support him, I flew to the next waypoint

WP03 - 04. ADF doesnt work for me: 700 (btw. I know how it turns on in Apache). I checked also after mission all units here, in the camp but I didnt notice any unit with FREQ 0.700, or I missed it. Also I found the camp firstly, after this, when I attecked I recived announcement about position of camp and MGRS data, so maybe better way to give trigger a little earlier with this announcement? After WP03 right away?

The whole mission about 1h.

TY 🙂 !

Thanks for your feedback. I immediately set about fixing it.

Spoiler

Generally, do a cold start and make sure you stay at the starting point for the first 300 seconds (aka 5 minutes) of EACH mission. Since a normal cold start of an Apache takes about 6 minutes, this shouldn't be a problem.

WP01
Your task there is already described in detail in the briefing! Just fly there and look for remaining enemies.

-If you find any, let Then know via the radio menu "other" tab. You will then receive further instructions.
-If you don't find any enemies there, let them know via the radio menu "ohter" tab. Then you will get further instructions, also in this case.

WP02
Yes the JTEC was broken. Wrong unit, wrong position, wrong distance. I corrected that. Thanks for finding this.

WP03-WP04
The ADF signal activates as soon as you arrive at the WP03. Your problem was that there was a second condition in the trigger. Namely, that you must have completed task WP02. That's illogical though, so I removed the condition...

I would like to give you the new version. With a request that you try the mission again. Many thanks for your effort 🙂
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5jfe2p837mj8eg/M04_AH-64_CAS_V03.miz?dl=0

LG
Dagobert

image.jpeg

Edited by Dagobert666