New Hornet UFC & DDIs (mini hornet cockpit)

Weasel

Prices seem great. But stuff like screens, displays really need flawless communication with DCS, and right now many users have problems with simple light status communication on their panels and throttle bases, or the software actually hogs too much resources to be usable.

I'd wait for the reviews. User reviews, not Youtuber praises, paid by the free review samples. 

• Like 1

• Weasel changed the title to New Hornet UFC & DDIs (mini hornet cockpit)
3 hours ago, Bwaze said:

Prices seem great. But stuff like screens, displays really need flawless communication with DCS, and right now many users have problems with simple light status communication on their panels and throttle bases, or the software actually hogs too much resources to be usable.

Good thing that I have no use for the actual screens, then. 🙂 I'm getting the VR version, with the UCP and DDI frames, but not actual displays. Not only will I save money on stuff I won't see when in VR, but I won't have to deal with SimAppPro to get all the features working.

Until they work out the issues with SimAppPro, I wouldn't even consider any of this. 40 - 60 fps hit is ridiculous. And that's just with the F16EX shaker and the  A/G, A/A synced lights on the Throttle. But sure looks good! 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

does the UFC have working displays? If that´s positive, did they consider a VR version as well?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

2 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

does the UFC have working displays? If that´s positive, did they consider a VR version as well?

As far as we can see from the screenshot, I would say yes, the UFC has working displays. 

8 hours ago, CaptHawk said:

Until they work out the issues with SimAppPro, I wouldn't even consider any of this. 40 - 60 fps hit is ridiculous. And that's just with the F16EX shaker and the  A/G, A/A synced lights on the Throttle. But sure looks good! 

I didn’t think SimAppPro was the actual cause, rather the export.lua script that is call and used to monitor different sim states, and that there were some simple fixes to overcome the performance hit this creates?

5 hours ago, norman99 said:

I didn’t think SimAppPro was the actual cause, rather the export.lua script that is call and used to monitor different sim states, and that there were some simple fixes to overcome the performance hit this creates?

Yes and no, in 2d you can reduce the frequency of the refresh, and in vr as I have the hmd on I just edit the line out, and don't allow sim app Pro to make changes.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

20 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Yes and no, in 2d you can reduce the frequency of the refresh, and in vr as I have the hmd on I just edit the line out, and don't allow sim app Pro to make changes.

So for a 2D/TIR setup, using the DDi/UFC displays should be manageable re performance?

And I guess most VR users wouldn't need the displays, so this setup should work for VR too?

2 hours ago, norman99 said:

So for a 2D/TIR setup, using the DDi/UFC displays should be manageable re performance?

And I guess most VR users wouldn't need the displays, so this setup should work for VR too?

I use the takeoff and combat panels in vr currently, and they work fine without using the app, they just use lighting and switch positioning, I do have to pre-flight the panels. The ddi/ufc might require more data to work... So it's difficult to judge blind, but in 2d  yes it should be manageable but possibly some display latency will take place etc... I did use the app to initially configure the panels and then left them alone.

There is even a specific bundle for VR in the prices quoted, so I would think so, in VR they don't have the screens for the ddi, so they are just USB button boxes at that point

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

also another observation, these are way cheaper than the other commercial alternatives 200 USD for just the UFC... that's between one 1/3 - 1/2 what others have them on for so bravo on price point!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CaptHawk said:

It seems there is a solution (vsync off in Sim, and Vsync to fast in nvidia control panel).

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

4 hours ago, VirusAM said:

It seems there is a solution (vsync off in Sim, and Vsync to fast in nvidia control panel).

And this works for you? Unfortunately it makes no difference for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

And this works for you? Unfortunately it makes no difference for me.
I don't see performance issues right now.
But I am not using VR where it was really evident
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

v-sync will make no difference from what i can see. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

8th of October seems to be a very excited day:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/permalink/5485481028194402/

Zitat

Our MIP, Main Instrument Panel, is coming. This is a ground breaking panel product for all flight cults. We are to launch two series, Top Gun MIP and Phoenix MIP (for VR) in October, it's really about the time to upgrade your cockpit.  On which exact date they will be available? There is an obvious clue, so easy to find out for our pilots who have eagle like sharp eye sights. 🙂🙂 Any questions, please leave a comment, thank you and let's be ready to rock and roll. 😎