ATFLIR 2nd Undesignate not removing TGT

Swift.

• ED Team

As far as I am aware this is correct, if you have any public information to say otherwise please PM me. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I can't use your track because I have the current stable version.

But just to clarify:

When I designate a WYPT with the ATFLIR of the Hornet (with WPDSG) and undesignate, the "TGT" always changes to an unboxed "WYPT" on the HSI top right button. No matter how often I designate the waypoint and undesignate.

Shouldn't this be the correct behaviour? Did I miss something here?

Edited by Tom Kazansky

2 hours ago, Tom Kazansky said:

I can't use your track because I have the current stable version.

But just to clarify:

When I designate a WYPT with the ATFLIR of the Hornet (with WPDSG) and undesignate, the "TGT" always changes to an unboxed "WYPT" on the HSI top right button. No matter how often I designate the waypoint and undesignate.

Shouldn't this be the correct behaviour? Did I miss something here?

That is correct, what I'm seeing is it staying as TGT

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

So we have two different behaviour with the same procedure.

@BIGNEWYThis is not a case of missing public information, imho. Plz, take another look at this, if this is different from OP's track.

Here is a very short track with 2.7.11.22211 current stable DCS that shows the bahaviour on my Hornet, that seems to be different from @Swift.'s.

I just did the WYPT -> WPDSG -> undesignate procedure 3 times.

FA-18C 2.7.11 WPDSG and undesignate Caucasus 01.trk

(current stable, no mods)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

• ED Team
12 minutes ago, Tom Kazansky said:

@BIGNEWYThis is not a case of missing public information, imho. Plz, take another look at this, if this is different from OP's track

I am checking, ive tagged investigating for now. 

thanks

• Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I will have another tester check, I am not seeing any issue here, when I undesignate each time the TGT on PB11 returns to normal

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

I will have another tester check, I am not seeing any issue here, when I undesignate each time the TGT on PB11 returns to normal

I'll create an accompanying video tonight, to help demonstrate things. Thanks

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Swift. said:

I'll create an accompanying video tonight, to help demonstrate things. Thanks

please also check your undesignate button, thanks

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

please also check your undesignate button, thanks

I had a little bit more trouble reproducing it today, took more than 2 attempts for it to fail. See 1:13 in the video for the failure mode.

I'm fairly confident its not my undesignate button as the pressing of that button will remove the TGT symbology from all displays other than the HSI. If the button was broken I'd expect it to do nothing.

The track still works and shows the error state after 2 attempts.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Swift. said:

I had a little bit more trouble reproducing it today, took more than 2 attempts for it to fail. See 1:13 in the video for the failure mode.

I'm fairly confident its not my undesignate button as the pressing of that button will remove the TGT symbology from all displays other than the HSI. If the button was broken I'd expect it to do nothing.

The track still works and shows the error state after 2 attempts.

That's unexpected indeed.

• ED Team

I see it in your track Swift, but I am not able to reproduce, ive tried many times, even tried mashing them and no joy for me. 

3 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

I see it in your track Swift, but I am not able to reproduce, ive tried many times, even tried mashing them and no joy for me. 

Alright thanks for trying, maybe the root cause will be eventually be uncovered organically anyway. Its not like its a major impact on the day to day.