ATFLIR Drifting when slewed before TDC depress

Swift.

ATFLIR will drift when you slew before depressing the TDC to 'unlock' the pod from the waypoint.
However, if you dont slew before TDC depress, it wont drift.

1. Designate WP
2. Slew
3. Depress TDC
4. Slew and release: Notice the pod drifts as if in snowplough
5. Redesignate WP
6. Depress TDC
7. Slew and release: Notice the pod stays fixed as it should

Drifting.trk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• ED Team

As mentioned in the PM if you have evidence this behaviour should be different please PM me. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As mentioned in the PM if you have evidence this behaviour should be different please PM me. 
thank you
By what logic is the pod drifting with the motion of the aircraft, with a designation present? If the current behavior was desired, the pilot can simply undesignate.

Designations slave sensors to them. Furthermore, the pod cannot be commanded to stop drifting by TDC Depress. If the current behavior was correct, then a TDC Depress would stop the pod and maintain a new designation at its current position.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

3 hours ago, Harker said:

By what logic is the pod drifting with the motion of the aircraft, with a designation present? If the current behavior was desired, the pilot can simply undesignate.

Designations slave sensors to them. Furthermore, the pod cannot be commanded to stop drifting by TDC Depress. If the current behavior was correct, then a TDC Depress would stop the pod and maintain a new designation at its current position.

And not just that, but whether or not the pod drifts is dependent on whether the pilot attempts to slew before pressing TDC.

This is not a report for an inaccuracy in the modelling, but simply a report of a breakdown of logic. Having the behaviour change due to unrelated inputs prior to a sequence of events is a good and proper bug in the code.

Edited by Swift.
  • Like 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2