Horzontal stabilator

Dozer1606688093
Go to solution Solved by Nevyn,

Generally speaking, you let it do its own thing.

There is also an NOE mode as part of the SCAS you can enable that will lower the stabilator at speeds below 80 knots, with the intention of nosing the aircraft down for better visibility while landing and flying low.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 11:30 PM, Floyd1212 said:

Generally speaking, you let it do its own thing.

There is also an NOE mode as part of the SCAS you can enable that will lower the stabilator at speeds below 80 knots, with the intention of nosing the aircraft down for better visibility while landing and flying low.

I've tried the NoE setting out. This is my experience - YMMV.

Using NoE is like running really fast while staring at your feet--it won't go well for you for long, if there is anything ahead of you.

IIRC the Israelis invented, or at least perfected NoE flying. Fighting in the desert, where a hillock a couple of meters high could provide you with a place to hide from Sagger missiles, or a ridge only a few meters high could shield your movement from the enemy over long distances, but all only if you fly low enough.

If you are struggling as a pilot to see what is on the ground immediately in-front of you, pulling your tail up will help give you the line-of-sight require.

From my experience, using NoE puts the window frame, above and in-front of the pilot's head, right in your LOS to the horizon; and at 5-10 feet above the ground the horizon starts a couple hundred meters to your front. This means to see the horizon, you constantly have to duck in under the window frame, making it a major PITA. Besides, I never have the feeling I need to see more of the ground only a couple meters to my front. I also never really try to fly at 5 feet above the ground, because Daddy doesn't fly that good.

• Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1