New to Mods

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to mods, and I'm running into some issues.

I have downloaded a couple (F104, etc.) and I'd like to try a few others (ie. Raptor, F35, etc.), but I'm having some trouble getting them to work.

Most of these say you need FC3  -OR-  the F-15 from FC.  In my case, I have the standalone F-15 (from FC), so I'm wondering what I need to do to get the Mods to work with it.

Any advice or assistance you could provide would be quite helpful.

Thanks in Advance,

4 S!

Install the mods correctly, and you should be good to go.
Most of them will go into your Saved Games DCS.xxx folder.
The most common mistake is that people put them into the DCS install directory, and you'll get license warnings.
I highly recommend the use of a mod manager even if they go into saved games. The most popular manager is OvGME, but it's not developed anymore. OvGME's creator is actively developing it's successor, Open Mod Manager, which is the one I use.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, FourSpeed said:

Any advice or assistance you could provide would be quite helpful.

For me, the number 1 step is to research the Mod a bit, find where its developer stores its latest version. Do not download Mods from a site that is not of its developer, as there is people that tries to capture traffic by placing alternate copies of the Mod, which of course are probably not the latest version.

2. In the same way that you strive to keep your DCS Updated, you should do the same with the Mods, or risk running onto an incompatibility issue.

3. read the Mod’s install instructions, if they are in a foreign language, employ google translate to understand it.

4. If the Mod developer has a support Discord, subscribe, as it is a nice way to show your appreciation.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I had installed them properly (in Saved Games), but I'll revisit them and see what can be done.  I just (mostly) wanted to make sure that they could use the FC F-15 if it's installed as a standalone rather than the full FC3 package...

Thanks for the responses and insight.

Cheers,

4 ~S!~