Can't get HMCS to power up 50% of the time.

Hi, 

This one is driving me mad. I spent hours on it, I don't understand.

50% of the time, when I cold start the A-10, and put Scorpion HMCS from Off to On (or Batt). Nothing happens. Not even the "trace" of the helmet screen. The rest of the time, it powers up normally. 

I really don't understand why it works sometimes and sometimes not. Can someone help me ?

Aigle2

9 hours ago, razo+r said:

Did you perhaps press the HOTAS command to disable the HMS by accident? 

Negative. Also tried the DMS Left long thing, no effect. I can't even see the reflector when it happens. 

I use the start procedure and it doesn't power up either apparently. I didn't know there was a clicky button for the HMCS since I mainly fly 2D but haven't noticed it when I pan around though. I figure it was a TrackIR (which I have) or VR thing that it shows.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I don’t think it should matter but when are you starting it up? Should be one of the last things. Also when you go to the stat page and look at HMCS does it say anything? It could be the brightness is cranked all the way down

1 * If any mods installed related to A10, Remove it.
2 * Double check that the Scorpion HMCS power button is on. 
3 * Check when HMCS soi, that its not hidden with Dms left long. 
4 * Check when HMCS soi, that the brightness isnt low.  Dms up
5 * Check HMCS in Stat page on left MFD to verify.

6 * Run "DCS_updater.exe repair" to be sure you dont have something screwy going on with your files.

Even if the HMCS power switch is one of the 1st things you set on. it should appared as you go though the startup sequence.
its one of the last things i turn on tho. often also forgotten 😛

• Like 1