Forward pitch induces roll

Delta59R

It seems like after the update the 64 has become very wobbly at higher speeds or when the stick is pushed far forward. It starts to oscillate back and forth and wants to roll. Is this normal? I thought there was something wrong with my joystick or the curve was messed up it was so bad but watching the digital stick it stays solid yet the heli wants to do a barrel roll.

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

16 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Maybe you are flying too fast? What was your speed when the roll occured? 

Above 130 knots it gets wobbly, clean, 30% fuel, freezing air temps, (this is a mission I created). However, when I go to the instant action and choose the start from runway mission, in that mission the heli is pretty stable at 140+.. So maybe it has somthin to do with the loadout in the mission I created?? too light?? idk

Meshify C w Noctua Fans, MSI Carbon Z790, 13900KS, 64gb 7200 Gskill, MSI 4090, MSI 240, Sam 1tb m2, Sam 512 m2, Seasonic 1000w, MSFF2 Stick + X56 Throttle, HP Reverb G2, Sony 83in A90J OLED

1 hour ago, Delta59R said:

It seems like after the update the 64 has become very wobbly at higher speeds or when the stick is pushed far forward. It starts to oscillate back and forth and wants to roll. Is this normal? I thought there was something wrong with my joystick or the curve was messed up it was so bad but watching the digital stick it stays solid yet the heli wants to do a barrel roll.

I think it's the sas, and the sas is wip, sas is probably oscillating, happens to me as well, if you put up the show controls indicator you'll see the green plus go back and forth, tends to happen when you're making large inputs and it tends to oscillate back and forth.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kgillers3 said:

I think it's the sas, and the sas is wip, sas is probably oscillating, happens to me as well, if you put up the show controls indicator you'll see the green plus go back and forth, tends to happen when you're making large inputs and it tends to oscillate back and forth.  

What's "sas" and "wip"?

37 minutes ago, kgillers3 said:

stability augmentation system, work in progress. 

10-4 ill check it out thx!

• 1 month later...

Is there any more info on this issue? 

I'm seeing significant left roll when applying forward pitch on the cyclic.   The control position indicator shows the cyclic is going straight forward, no left movement.

I do not see a corresponding right roll with aft cyclic, though there may be a very small amount of right roll.

It seems to be happening at all speeds.  (Not just high speed.)

Also happens with different joysticks, so not a hardware issue.

I also think the yaw and roll are very unstable and have a strong tendency to oscillate.  Worse than SAS off in a real helicopter.

Happy flying!

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING | CORE I7 6700K 4.2GHZ | 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ | GEFORCE GTX980Ti 6GB | SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 512 GB + MICRON M600 1TB SSD + WD 3TB HD | WIN 10 64BIT

2 hours ago, h3pilot said:

I also think the yaw and roll are very unstable and have a strong tendency to oscillate.

Did you install today's patch yet?  I feel there has been some improvement with low speed stability, especially with regard to yaw.  Landing on the spot I intended to is much easier.

Still seeing the left roll when giving it forward stick, though, especially at speed.

So I'm still a flying god..phew... 😉

• Like 1

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hey all; (And Devs)

For what it helps; I too came on here to post about this; I do fly twin engine helicopters with all the SAS goodies (irl) and this roll with forward cyclic is defiantly attention getting as not normal behavior. 

It does seem to sometimes also roll right, though not as often; although I cant seem to put my finger on what makes the difference; flying out of trim or pre-rolling doesn't seem to make a difference as to which way the aircraft rolls. (Although mostly left)

I can put my two cents as someone who flies; currently with the ATT Hold/SAS collective issues aside the flight model feels...mostly fantastic; however in the cruise it seems; not just in the last 10% of forward cyclic; in the cruise in a normal forward cyclic position (3/4 fwd?) the roll does become more sensitive; the net result is in the cruise its very difficult to hold a roll attitude. I cant remember the last time flying a 412 level I had to think about the cyclic; but cruising around at this just holding a level attitude at ~100kts + is ALOT more work than it should be. Pitch seems totally fine. A lot of these things are very subtle but to the practiced hand it has a devastating effect on the enjoyability of the product I am sorry to say. 

I'm sure we will get there 🙂 

Edited by Rav3nX
dum dum left/right mixup
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Poptart said:

Seem like they are trying to model retreating blade stall but the amount of force on the rotor is way too high (I should not be on the verge of doing a barrel roll when retreating blade stall happens. The helicopter should buffet and pitch up.) 

Retreating blade stall is purely a function of airspeed; it will happen 130kts+ (depending on aircraft etc) although absolutely wont happen in a high hover nose over or low airspeeds. (Without going into the 'oh but what if I.....complicated fringe cases.)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I get roll instabilty when lifting off, too. Current build. Not my stick/controls.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 4:37 PM, Delta59R said:

Is anyone else having this issue? I have noticed with power on and F14 parked the left stabilator is drooping. when flying the pitch is impossible to nearly impossible with many inputs in the stick to hold the 15 AOA  on approach. You can't even use the ACLS system without excessive rolling to the left out it rolls to the left and you lose right away. I will revert to an older version to see if the issue goes away, I have the current version from the information posted on that current version of web-sight

Am 5.3.2023 um 20:49 schrieb metalrockerlion62:

Is anyone else having this issue? I have noticed with power on and F14 parked the left stabilator is drooping. when flying the pitch is impossible to nearly impossible with many inputs in the stick to hold the 15 AOA  on approach. You can't even use the ACLS system without excessive rolling to the left out it rolls to the left and you lose right away. I will revert to an older version to see if the issue goes away, I have the current version from the information posted on that current version of web-sight

Wrong forum, pls post this in the F14 bug forum 

After doing some testing with the apache I started to  get this strange left roll when pushing the cyclic forward only on speeds above  around 70 kias i also did turn off each and everyone of the sas channels even 1 by 1 and  nothing fixed so if this issue is related to the sas it cant be solved by turning it off