Crash after Entry into mission in Open Beta

Faosmaster6151
Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

Hi there everyone,

I have been having an issue over the past two days where when I load into any mission, Whether it being SP or MP. It crashes after a few seconds for no reason. I have checked my task manager during mission starts and can't find anything in particular that sticks out. This started yesterday after installing new drivers through Nvidia and downloading the Syria map. I have tried to uninstall the Syria map and redownload the drivers but so far, Nothing has worked. Below is my most recent crash log while trying to fly the AH-64 in a MP session. If anyone can help me out with this issue, it would be much appreciated. 

P.S: I have changed the Paging file size to 16384. My specs are a Ryzen 7 3800x, 2070 Super, And 16 GB of ram.

dcs.20220515-022714.crash

Hi. Since you haven't attached your full dcs.log yet, I'm taking a wild guess here. However, your .crash log contains three different messages that often points to a RAM issue:

0x00000000002C32E9 (nvwgf2umx): NVENCODEAPI_Thunk + 0x1894A9
0x00000000000C569A (nvwgf2umx): (function-name not available) + 0x0
0x000000000045C585 (nvwgf2umx): NVDEV_Thunk + 0x16F1A5

Please try these steps:

1. In your PC BIOS, ensure your XMP mode is not "Auto". Simply choose another XMP profile. If no XMP mode helps, disable it and retry DCS.
  2. Still crashing? Create a bootable MemTest86 device (USB drive or CD) : https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
  3. Boot up the MemTest86 device on your PC. When the MemTest menu appears, press “S” key to start the memory test. If you get no error after a one-hour test, consider that your RAM is OK. Below is an example of a memory issue as seen in MemTest86.
  4. If an issue is found, shut down your PC, open it, and kindly remove the RAM sticks from their slots before re-seating them, then re-test your RAM (sometimes, all you need is static electricity from the sticks, and this is how it's done).
  5. Still crashing? You’ll probably have to replace the faulty RAM stick.

2YB7eiOXDZ9qnvlzKfD8EY_cSc9o0hYQOv9x45ZB

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution

larger pagefile perhaps.

2022-05-15 14:16:04.896 INFO    APP: CPU cores: 8, threads: 16, System RAM: 16312 MB, Pagefile: 16384 MB

also maybe a graphics card driver update or a repair.

before doing drivers nightmare, try nvida debug mode. 

https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=59594

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

22 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

larger pagefile perhaps.

2022-05-15 14:16:04.896 INFO    APP: CPU cores: 8, threads: 16, System RAM: 16312 MB, Pagefile: 16384 MB

also maybe a graphics card driver update or a repair.

before doing drivers nightmare, try nvida debug mode. 

https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=59594

Thank you for this, It seemed that my Nvidia drivers didn't install correctly. Thank you for the help. 

• Like 1