Matching F-16 AB detent in game to physical step on throttle

markturner1960

Anyone got a method to do this? Currently, the jet goes into AB when my throttle is at about 75% of travel inside the normal range.....I have tried Mustangs guide but it plainly does not apply to this grip rather the older F-18 throttle

Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

3 hours ago, markturner1960 said:

Anyone got a method to do this? Currently, the jet goes into AB when my throttle is at about 75% of travel inside the normal range.....I have tried Mustangs guide but it plainly does not apply to this grip rather the older F-18 throttle

Thanks!

I use this. Works like a charm! 

Cheers! 

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/266534-dcs-detent-calculator-by-jc-of-di-and-bailey-update-w-invert-x-sat-deadzone/

Hey Max, can you give some pointers? I tried but its not working.....So, with the values reset, and with user curve and slider options ticked, idle is at the bottom left of the slope and the AB detent is at the top right.  Pushing the throttle past the detent has no further effect on the black and red squares as they are at the limit of the window - does this mean that with the Viper, pushing past the detent into the last 20% range of travel is purely cosmetic and has no effect in the sim? 

I would expect that to get it working " Properly" we need a way to get it to match the in jet RPM percentage and nozzle positions?

Does anyone know what the "correct" figures are for nozzle position, fuel flow and RPM percentage when AB kicks in ? And does the sim accurately portray this?

From looking at in the sim, my current max throttle opening shows nozzle position 45, fuel flow of 68,000 lbs and RPM percentage of 102%.

My other question is how can know when AB kicks in from looking visually? Of course, you get the cone effect, but looking directly into the engine, there is certainly a period of time before this happens when the engine is bright red inside. This happens at Nozzle 10%, fuel 18,000 and RPM 102%. Is this the true start of AB? Obviously, I cant set it correctly unless I know when AB is kicking in in the sim......

I am going to ask the above in the Viper section as well......

EDIT:

Meantime, I have tried again using the controls indicator red line as the point. Both times, I get a value of 50, which gives me a set of values I have inputted. However, the physical point at which my throttle "should" reach AB is still miles away from the physical stop on the winwing frame.....I maybe missing something here, but unless you can adjust the point in the sim at which it judges AB to start ( like you can in BMS) how can this be adjusted? 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.