Question running Reverb G2 in DCS

I have been interested in VR for flight sims for a few years but have not tried it.  I currently have a i7 10700k with 32Gb 3200 MHz ram with a GTX 1080 8Gb graphics card with a Samsung SSD.  With the settings below, in simple instant action missions I average ~110 fps, in the P-47 furball instant action over the channel map I get around 60fps.  If I was to buy a Reverb G2 and somehow a RTX 3080 10Gb card, (this card is stretching the budget, the 12Gb or Ti versions are way outside my budget) would I be able to run similar settings at 90 fps?  If not are there settings I have to reduce that wouldn't be too noticeable? 

Thanks for your insight, I am trying see if it's worth trying.  If this would likely be marginal or sub-par to have a good experience please let me know.

2022_preferred settings.jpg

Intel i7-10700k, 32GB DDR4, GTX 1080 8GB, 1TB NVMe SSD, LG32GK850G 2560x1440 Monitor, Noctua u12a cooler

It will not be possible to get 90 fps. You will likely be tweaking settings to get 45 so that motion smoothing will net you the 90fps for the headset.

Don't go into VR with good fps along with the highest settings fresh in your mind from your flat screen days. It's still worth it in my opinion.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

well I run setting similar but visible range to low and I have a 1070GTX and get in a very busy 4YA Online server with 24people in it like 37-43fps with Open XR.. I have the resolution pretty low but I have only a 1070 I would imagine with a 3080rtx would fair a bit better..

But it is a YMMV Kind of thing some people can stand lower FPS while some need them to be high it is all relative I guess. but If I had a 3080RTX I would imaginge I could pull at those settings at least 60-70% on the rez.. Currently I run 30% on the rez..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Your options are to run 90hz at an effective fps of 45 with motion smoothing making up the difference and lowered graphics settings  , or run 60hz with motion smoothing only kicking in on airfields or the supercarrier , and higher graphics settings .

Personally , i run 60 hz and quite high graphics settings , with decent headroom on both the cpu and gpu for smooth play under all circumstances . But some are bothered by flickering in 60 hz mode , although i don't see it .

Try both , and see what works for you . 

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Take a look at this site, there is also a discord. Thud's VR4DCS

I have the G2 with an i9, 3090 card and 32G.  Working through the recommendations on VR4DCS I managed top get the G2 working pretty well, but you'll still need to teak as you go.  I think VR performance varies depending on the server and even the map you are in and I learned quite a bit about the upside and downside in terms of performance, of changes and tweaks that seem to be required.  I've got a lot of my graphics settings at the high end and still get around 45fps in my Spitty on WW2 servers.  Just getting into the F16 and same setting seem to be OK in term,s of FPS, but I need to sharpen cockpit detail a bit