240 L fuel warning happens below 240 on fuel gauge

AeriaGloria

Hello let me know if a track is needed. The low fuel warning lights in Mi-24 both turn on simultaneously at 240 L left, or 120 L left in tank 1 and same amount in tank 2. 

However currently it seems to turn on around 200 L. It seems this might be Becuase of the unusable fuel capacity of 40 L being useable in DCS, which I believe happens with some other modules. It might be easier to see this happen with the fuel tank Selector in the 1 or 2 position rather then total, as the tank 1/2 scale on the gauge is easier to see small changes with. 

I do not mind being able to use unusable fuel of 40 L, but I wanted to post this just in case it was desired to have the low fuel warning light actually appear at 240 L indicated. 

Currently there is no problems compared to real life procedure with the exception of the fuel tank gauge being about 40 L lower then actual fuel level. I think it would be nice if either fuel tank warning happened at 240 L indicated (even though that would give you slightly more time until empty then stated in manual), or if the fuel warning was moved to 240 L as it is suppossed to be and the un-useable fuel capacity of 40 L eliminated 

Just wanted to bring this up. If track is needed or video I can do so right away 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I took some photos. 

First photo is right before low fuel warning for 240 L comes on. You can see that Fuel gauge for tank 1 is just above 100 L, as tank 1 and 2 are kept equal, the actual fuel capacity is a little over 200 L which you can check by switching fuel gauge to tank 2 or total. Tank 1/2 is used here since it uses the scale that’s easiest to see small differences 

Second picture shows the moment the 240 L fuel warning comes on, just above 200 L. 

Third picture shows moment the entire helicopter runs out of fuel, you can see that the gauge needle is below zero about the same amount that it was below the 120 L mark on the Tank 1/2 part of the gauge. 

i apologize for the quality, but it was needed to bypass the file size limits 

789EDAE6-D821-47D6-BBB6-16848BC0C372.jpeg

26EE2A60-C349-4FB7-AD44-64AD690D6914.jpeg

C3E1123A-7466-4114-9AD5-85EF3E154B4F.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

• AeriaGloria changed the title to 240 L fuel warning happens below 240 on fuel gauge

It says solved by me. I don’t understand why this happened? It is not a personal issue but I thought something that ED might want to tweak as a possible bug/issue. Especially as it would be expected to see the warning occur at 240 L. But  if this is real life behavior that also happens because the fuel level sensors are measuring the 240 as including the unusable fuel of 30-40 L (as it is 40 L according to manual),  I completely understand.

And if ED decides that this is fine and not something they desire to tweak, I have no problem with that either. Just wanted to bring it up in case it was something that might warrant tweaking as I haven’t seen it brought up before. 

I will upload a short track showing what happens below 12% fuel