Viper Mavericks PRE-AUTO/ MAN handoff

Reflected
Go to solution Solved by _SteelFalcon_,

Hi all,

I've manage to master the Viper more or less, there is just one thing that I can't really do. Employ mavericks.

So the JTAC starts lasing, I find the target on the TGP, TMS forward, and the auto handoff doesn't happen. I'm not seeing any in progress messages. Does it work with all Mavericks? 

OK, so I do it manually. But the JTAC is lasing 1 of 5 tanks, and I can't get my Mav screen to look at where the TGP is. It's looking more or less that way, but I have to SOI it and manually select one of the tanks. It's surely not right, is it?

I've got to be missing somethnig. Any help would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, Reflected said:

Hi all,

I've manage to master the Viper more or less, there is just one thing that I can't really do. Employ mavericks.

So the JTAC starts lasing, I find the target on the TGP, TMS forward, and the auto handoff doesn't happen. I'm not seeing any in progress messages. Does it work with all Mavericks? 

OK, so I do it manually. But the JTAC is lasing 1 of 5 tanks, and I can't get my Mav screen to look at where the TGP is. It's looking more or less that way, but I have to SOI it and manually select one of the tanks. It's surely not right, is it?

I've got to be missing somethnig. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to boresight the Mavericks before you employ them. 

• Solution

For the first thing: if you have auto handoff enabled, it is very important to be within range before attempting a point track and with that, the handoff. Else it could produce a break lock on the mav page.

for the 2nd part: if you cold start, boresighting the Mavs is important when using them together with a tgp. This syncs the point of aim for the mav and the tgp to the same location. It has to be done once per station and currently doesnt require to re-do it when rearming mavs.

wags has a video about boresighting mavericks i think

Edited by _SteelFalcon_