SPOILER: Mission 11 (SCUD Alley) - How to reach full score?

Hey there!

I just flew Mission 11 and with a litte help from the editor I was able to took out every SCUD Launcher (including the ones that where hidden under the tents), but I only got a score of 85. I even shot down the helicopter...

Where's the trick to get a score of 100?

[edit] The "stranded SCUD" did not spawn. What's the trigger?

Edited by Timster76

19 hours ago, Timster76 said:

Hey there!

I just flew Mission 11 and with a litte help from the editor I was able to took out every SCUD Launcher (including the ones that where hidden under the tents), but I only got a score of 85. I even shot down the helicopter...

Where's the trick to get a score of 100?

[edit] The "stranded SCUD" did not spawn. What's the trigger?

This mission has two routes through it, the safer route above the clouds and a more risky route below the clouds.  Whenever you check in with a ground team your altitude (above or below the cloud) is checked.  If you are on the more risky route then as you are more likely to see things your experience will be different.  Stranded SCUD is one of those things that is altitude dependent.  From memory the scoring is based on killing all the scuds and stopping the last group (near the helicopter) launching.  You might not have earned points for killing the tented scuds, you should only know about these if you were low at Firuzabad (stranded scud) as the special ops team gives you additional information.

• 3 weeks later...

No longer try to get 100 score in ChilNG missions, but just try to survive and validate the mission.

Scud alley is my worst score with 75.

• Like 2

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• 4 months later...

I just did this one and got 95 cannot figure out what I missed.

I got the first group of scuds near the lake (Just happenb to find them, didn't get any Intel)

Got the stuck scud in the town and then went West and got the other six in the canyon.

From there I found another group along the route (no Intel)

Then I hit the tented scuds after getting info

And then hit the last group near the helicopter.

What did I miss? 

Edited by GLUTIUS MAXIMUS

On 10/10/2022 at 1:49 AM, GLUTIUS MAXIMUS said:

I just did this one and got 95 cannot figure out what I missed.

I got the first group of scuds near the lake (Just happenb to find them, didn't get any Intel)

Got the stuck scud in the town and then went West and got the other six in the canyon.

From there I found another group along the route (no Intel)

Then I hit the tented scuds after getting info

And then hit the last group near the helicopter.

What did I miss? 

I think it was the helicopter itself, there's 5 points for shooting it down before it lands so that the Forge Special Forces team isn't threatened.  In hindsight the scoring here is maybe a little too tough...think I underestimated the desire of you all to get 100 🙃.

For clarity full score breakdown in the spoiler:

Spoiler

50 points on mission start

10 points for mission completion

5 points for killing scuds near the lake

5 points for killing 'stranded scud' at Firuzabad

5 points for killing scuds in canyon

5 points for killing Scuds between WP 8 and 9

5 points for killing 'scud tents'

5 points killing scud group NE of WP11 (with helicopter)

5 points for shooting down helicopter before it lands

5 points of Forge survives

Edited by ChillNG

• 11 months later...
On 10/11/2022 at 3:09 PM, ChillNG said:

I think it was the helicopter itself, there's 5 points for shooting it down before it lands so that the Forge Special Forces team isn't threatened.  In hindsight the scoring here is maybe a little too tough...think I underestimated the desire of you all to get 100 🙃.

For clarity full score breakdown in the spoiler:

Hide contents

50 points on mission start

10 points for mission completion

5 points for killing scuds near the lake

5 points for killing 'stranded scud' at Firuzabad

5 points for killing scuds in canyon

5 points for killing Scuds between WP 8 and 9

5 points for killing 'scud tents'

5 points killing scud group NE of WP11 (with helicopter)

5 points for shooting down helicopter before it lands

5 points of Forge survives

I'm doing this campaign again and this dang mission I still cant get 100, only thing I can think of is the last 5 points, how do I know if forge survives? I'm destroying every scud along the way and getting the helicopter

37 minutes ago, GLUTIUS MAXIMUS said:

I'm doing this campaign again and this dang mission I still cant get 100, only thing I can think of is the last 5 points, how do I know if forge survives? I'm destroying every scud along the way and getting the helicopter

Forge will egress the area in a truck, if the helicopter manages to land you will have to suppress/kill the infantry chasing them to make sure they escape.  It will be obvious if they survive, there will be comms etc to tell you.

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Forge will egress the area in a truck, if the helicopter manages to land you will have to suppress/kill the infantry chasing them to make sure they escape.  It will be obvious if they survive, there will be comms etc to tell you.

ok that's it then, I'm just heading back to base to early

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

I ‘ve been playing this scud alley mission 11, with lots of Easter eggs, everytime I try again it feels differently… (because I was shot down flying below the clouds 3 times…Lol), coms and targets are different but…

When I finally made it, empty my stores and destroyed several scuds, by waypoint 11 if I recall correctly, the last waypoint before turning back to base, there is a muffled radio transmission and comes with the message “track this frequency “… I have flown around several minutes in some directions with no luck, then bingo fuel and RTB…

I wonder if the A-10C is able to track FM transmissions like the Huey does, but I could not find how to do it not even in the manual, internet… and I saw some players videos on YouTube that missed it during their mission… because they RTB skipping this waypoint probably…

How am I suppose to track the frequency…?

when I tryed… it was the same everytime… didn’t get louder or clearer…

1 hour ago, PhoenixFC3 said:

Hi there!

I ‘ve been playing this scud alley mission 11, with lots of Easter eggs, everytime I try again it feels differently… (because I was shot down flying below the clouds 3 times…Lol), coms and targets are different but…

When I finally made it, empty my stores and destroyed several scuds, by waypoint 11 if I recall correctly, the last waypoint before turning back to base, there is a muffled radio transmission and comes with the message “track this frequency “… I have flown around several minutes in some directions with no luck, then bingo fuel and RTB…

I wonder if the A-10C is able to track FM transmissions like the Huey does, but I could not find how to do it not even in the manual, internet… and I saw some players videos on YouTube that missed it during their mission… because they RTB skipping this waypoint probably…

How am I suppose to track the frequency…?

when I tryed… it was the same everytime… didn’t get louder or clearer…

It's designed for use of the ADF function to home in on the radio signal, my A-10 knowledge is extremely hazy so I can't give you a how to but I'm sure the internet will be able to assist - just search for ADF.

I'm not sure if ADF is working on the ARC-186 radio (VHF FM that is used for Copper / Red), as I can't get it to track Forge's transmission, but it definitely works on on the ARC-164 (UHF) radio when listening to the other Gunman flights. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong, this was the first time I've used ADF in the hog.

I destroyed all of those SCUDs (21 by my count) and shot down the helicopter before it lands and still got 95. Is it possible to shoot down the helicopter before it lands and not get the points for Forge survival? I suspect that's what's happening here.

On another note, super fun mission, and loved the canyon! If I was really going solo SCUD hunting without any medium range SAM threat under low clouds with potential for 20+ targets, I'd pack 2x BRU-42 full of M282 APKWS, 4x CBU-105s, leaving one pylon open for whatever, and of course a metric poop ton of flares! The laser bombs are about as much use as dumb bombs under the conditions.

Edited by Pyrocumulous

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

On 11/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, ChillNG said:

It's designed for use of the ADF function to home in on the radio signal, my A-10 knowledge is extremely hazy so I can't give you a how to but I'm sure the internet will be able to assist - just search for ADF.

Confirmed that ADF is not currently working for VHF FM (ARC-186) in the A-10C II:

• Thanks 1

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.