Where are the instructions??

RackMonkey

Does anybody know where I can find a comprehensive set of instructions for moving and firing the units of Combined Arms from the cockpit? Nobody seem to think it was worth it to make a YouTube video of how to use CA from the cockpit.

I would like to find out what all the options are for and how the work when I want to blunt a red force advancement but I can never tell if my fire mission has been accepted or not. It seems to take so long for a tank to even turn to face the enemy let alone fire on them.

I tell a unit to move and nothing happens. It might move if I change the formation but a lot of time it just sits there,   

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

Well it is a little dated, but I think this video did a good job of touching on all the basics.

In terms of instructions, are you referring to setting up a CA mission, or just driving around in the vehicles? To add CA functionality to your missions, you have to have CA obviously, and then with the CA module installed, you have to click the battlefield commanders button and follow the instructions.

CA.jpeg

Here is a dated but fairly complete list of CA features/functions.

Combined Arms Manual EN.pdf

• Thanks 2

You misunderstand. I want to command the units from the F10 map while in a chopper. I know the basics but I can't find anything that tells what RED and GREEN are for or why are there formation movement commands if you can't select a whole formation. If a unit doesn't move why does changing the formation seem to work in getting them moving?

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

1 hour ago, RackMonkey said:

You misunderstand. I want to command the units from the F10 map while in a chopper. I know the basics but I can't find anything that tells what RED and GREEN are for or why are there formation movement commands if you can't select a whole formation. If a unit doesn't move why does changing the formation seem to work in getting them moving?

@RackMonkey, Sorry for misunderstanding you. I think at least some of the information you are looking for can be found on page 11 of the pdf document I left for you in the previous post. You might want to watch the video, and read through the entire pdf document as together they will give you a very complete overview of how to use the CA module.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have. There are a lot of users here with a lot of experience that should be able to handle whatever problem you might run into.

page11.jpeg

• Like 1

You are %100 right and I'm a blind idiot. That answers almost all of my questions. 

I do have one question left that will probably never get answered...Who the hell decided GREEN meant "not ready" and RED meant that it was FMC? When I worked on F4's a long time ago a red slash in the maintaince log meant not FMC but flyable and a RED X grounded. Did the French decide on the color coding?

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 1:58 AM, RackMonkey said:

You are %100 right and I'm a blind idiot. That answers almost all of my questions. 

I do have one question left that will probably never get answered...Who the hell decided GREEN meant "not ready" and RED meant that it was FMC? When I worked on F4's a long time ago a red slash in the maintaince log meant not FMC but flyable and a RED X grounded. Did the French decide on the color coding?

Sorry for late response. 

Actually, red and green makes perfect sense because ground forces also use these colors to signalise in what state they are in real life. You'll see tanks drive around with red flags on them to show they are armed and whatnot, and a green flag showing they are not ready. 

Edited by razo+r

• 4 weeks later...

Similar thing in the electrical world. Red lights or indicators means a circuit or machine is live/energized. Green (usually) means a circuit is de-energized. 

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

I'd like to see a Combined Arms User Manual in the Downloads Documentation section that includes what vehicles are needed to compliment AA and AAA missile systems. Would be nice if the game menu included picking a system and all required vehicles are placed on the selected position. Then the concerned equipment could be spread out. Might as well add in a commo wire truck for running coms wires.

1 minute ago, AH6OY said:

Would be nice if the game menu included picking a system and all required vehicles are placed on the selected position.

Already in the game for the older units. You can choose a template of a SAM site and place it at a location and that group will come with all needed units. Currently works with SA-10, SA-2, SA-3, SA-6, Patriot, Hawk and some others I've probably missed.

Also, the units for the SAM groups are conveniently grouped together in the unit list, which means if you pick one of each, you will have all needed units in the group. You can then build a group to your liking and save that group as a template, so you don't have to rebuild it anymore.

On 10/23/2022 at 10:12 AM, razo+r said:

Already in the game for the older units. You can choose a template of a SAM site and place it at a location and that group will come with all needed units. Currently works with SA-10, SA-2, SA-3, SA-6, Patriot, Hawk and some others I've probably missed.

Also, the units for the SAM groups are conveniently grouped together in the unit list, which means if you pick one of each, you will have all needed units in the group. You can then build a group to your liking and save that group as a template, so you don't have to rebuild it anymore.

Thanks. It's been over a year since trying the game. Last time around even the ground to ground long range missiles in Combined Arms pack weren't dropping anything but single units. Spoiled I wanted ammo trucks and communications set up so a command unit in AI could call for fire. Now I 'm also hoping there are incendiary rounds for artillery so I can throw some showering screens over the snow at night to get a real cool effect when ground pounding the front.

Kind of hoping the game gets a detailed Ukraine region battlefield after all of the hi resolution imagery even online satellites have been publishing. 

Edited by AH6OY

• 7 months later...

Behaviors:

Auto: AI will automatically switch alarm states based on the presence of threats. The AI kind of cheats in this regard.

Green: Group is not combat ready. Sensors are stowed if possible.

Red: Group is combat ready and actively searching for targets.

Poppa