It made me depressed to bind the 2 position switch(TM warthog) to Su-25T..........

It cost me two nights to bind the 2 position switch(TM warthog) to Su-25T and i still failed.

I want to bind the APU key in throttle to APU start(switch up position---APU start, down position---APU Off), I add this string to default.lua(Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Input\su-25T\joystick\):
{down = iCommandPowerOnOff,up = iCommandPowerOnOff, name = _('Electric Power Toggle'), category = _('custom')}, 

it work........reversely,the effect is "switch up position---APU Off, down position---APU Start", it's not what I want.

I try other strings:
down = iCommandPowerOnOff, up = iCommandPower ------error, option total not appear in game
down = iCommandPowerOnOff, up = iCommandPowerOn------error, option total not appear in game
down = iCommandPowerOn, up = iCommandPowerOnOff------"switch up position---no response, down position---APU Start"
down = iCommandPowerOnOn, up = iCommandPowerOnOff------"switch up position---no response, down position---APU Start"

Anyone help this poor guy..........

Edited by hjd1985
  • Thanks 1

As far as I can tell there is only one command, iCommandPowerOnOff. All the other commands iCommandPowerOn, iCommandPowerOff, iCommandPower don't exist.

This worked for me. I was using Quaggles lua injector but it should work fine manually placed into the original lua file as well.

{down = iCommandPowerOnOff, up = iCommandPowerOnOff, name = _('Power OnOff (OnOff)'), category = _('Custom')},

Obviously change the category and name labels as desired.

• Thanks 1

I use Joy2Key and simply assign the release of the APU switch (and others) to a key. I then map the key to APU Off in DCS. Not the most elegant method but it works reliably and is pretty future proof of updates overwriting custom mapping. It can also be used for three position switches using a similar approach with a key for the middle position as releases from the switches up and down.

• Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2022/5/17 AM4点41分,Frederf说:

As far as I can tell there is only one command, iCommandPowerOnOff. All the other commands iCommandPowerOn, iCommandPowerOff, iCommandPower don't exist.

This worked for me. I was using Quaggles lua injector but it should work fine manually placed into the original lua file as well.

{down = iCommandPowerOnOff, up = iCommandPowerOnOff, name = _('Power OnOff (OnOff)'), category = _('Custom')},

Obviously change the category and name labels as desired.

i add this string to default.lua and it works reversely, up position apu off, down position apu start, areyou the same?

It depends on which action you did first. Since it's doing a toggle when both press and release events occur there's no absolute command and there's always a chance that the events and the switch state are out of phase. The only way to ensure absolute agreement is to have an explicit on and off command which we don't have. The initial state of the sim variable would depend on ramp or flying start and if sync controls was set it might get an extra flop in on initialize. This is the best you can do. Pause/alt-tab the game and flip your joystick switch once to get them back in sync. That or make a keyboard bind so you can flip the sim switch without the joystick switch to get them in sync.

• Like 3

19小时前,Frederf说:

It depends on which action you did first. Since it's doing a toggle when both press and release events occur there's no absolute command and there's always a chance that the events and the switch state are out of phase. The only way to ensure absolute agreement is to have an explicit on and off command which we don't have. The initial state of the sim variable would depend on ramp or flying start and if sync controls was set it might get an extra flop in on initialize. This is the best you can do. Pause/alt-tab the game and flip your joystick switch once to get them back in sync. That or make a keyboard bind so you can flip the sim switch without the joystick switch to get them in sync.

it give me much help, thank you for your reply!!

2022/5/17 AM6点37分,Baldrick33说:

I use Joy2Key and simply assign the release of the APU switch (and others) to a key. I then map the key to APU Off in DCS. Not the most elegant method but it works reliably and is pretty future proof of updates overwriting custom mapping. It can also be used for three position switches using a similar approach with a key for the middle position as releases from the switches up and down.

good software, it really works, thank you for your help!