[DONE] Any updates coming for the JF-17 in 2022?

WRCRob

Would love to know if there was anything happening with this dev team since they've been very quiet (minus the recent patch), I have enjoyed the JF-17 for a while and was wondering if there was anything coming for this year with this aircraft? I think we would all love to see an update to a Block 3 (WS13 or RD93MA engine) config or at least maybe the HMD and a HOB missile combo, but I understand the limitations of what can be released. 

Edited by uboats
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, WRCRob said:

I think we would all love to see an update to a Block 3

all?  In my case, I’m happy with the state the Jeff is, and I’d only wish for keeping it updated to meet the changes on DCS and fixing any bugs that may remain … what I really would love to see is the development team moving on to work on a follow-on module, like the J8-II or the J-10 🙂 

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I know everyone wants the latest and greatest, but I think it's in a good position currently. 

I'd prefer if Deka could finish up the module: Small calibre LS-6s, CM-400, INS and Datalink targeting for the SD-10, the fuel flow and cruise pages/indicators, etc. 

Filling in the gaps and finalizing the module should be the main priority. 

• Like 5

CM-400 is not happening, but smaller LS-6 would be cool, I wonder if they can be double racked like GBU-12. SD-10 INS is in progress if I remember correctly.

Cruise page would be godsent for longer missions, especially since I suck at AAR.

Other than that I'm happy with JF-17, I don't think there are any other major features left to implement. Later blocks are physically different from what we have in game so expecting those features would be unreasonable I think, even without considering legal issues and data availability.

I'm not gonna lie, I would love cheek mounted TGP, but it's a slippery slope and people would use it as an argument to demand HMD, PL-10's, PL-15's, AESA radar and other stuff, instead of enjoying one of the best modules in DCS with the best track record

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

smaller LS-6 would be cool, I wonder if they can be double racked like GBU-12

There'd be no point (other than saving fuel or traveling larger distances) if you can't mount more than one - technically, if an LS-6-100 weighs 1/5 of the LS-6-500, we should be able to load four of them per pylon. Imagine being able to take out 20 separate targets on a single flight.

59 minutes ago, Napillo said:

There'd be no point (other than saving fuel or traveling larger distances) if you can't mount more than one - technically, if an LS-6-100 weighs 1/5 of the LS-6-500, we should be able to load four of them per pylon. Imagine being able to take out 20 separate targets on a single flight.

Technically you are correct but the problem with that scenario is there isnt a quadruple ejection rack for it. At least if there is I have not seen any documentation. Also the drag with carrying that many would negate any weight savings you might see with a lighter bomb.

58 minutes ago, Napillo said:

Don't forget smaller LS-6 due to lack of wings would be classified as bombs, not A2G missiles, so they wouldn't be shot at by SA-15's and SA-10's.

I don't know if there is a rack for JF-17 that allows loading 4 bombs per pylon like SDB's, or if the standard dual rack can be fitted on the inner pylons, even when using the smallest bombs it would most likely not be possible to carry more than 6 bombs

I think just bug fix + manual update

for ls6 50/100, we dont' have enough info on how their seeker work, same as cm400. For ls6 250, it's just a half weight ls6 500,  but after our investigation, we find that current dual rack adapter doesn't have data cable, therefore not support ls6 250 (in another word, we cannot carry 4 ls6 250 on outer stations 😞 ). that's why we didn't put making ls6 250 at high priority.

for 802akg, we will still use SFM instead of scheme. fortunately, ED has fixed the MP sync issue recently. Hope it will be available publicly soon.

for radar, the last would be WA mode which needs ED support.

misc. cockpit texture update

Edited by uboats
  • Like 9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

14 hours ago, uboats said:

for ls6 50/100, we dont' have enough info on how their seeker work, same as cm400. For ls6 250, it's just a half weight ls6 500,  but after our investigation, we find that current dual rack adapter doesn't have data cable, therefore not support ls6 250 (in another word, we cannot carry 4 ls6 250 on outer stations 😞 ). that's why we didn't put making ls6 250 at high priority.

for 802akg, we will still use SFM instead of scheme. fortunately, ED has fixed the MP sync issue recently. Hope it will be available publicly soon.

😋 only other thing I think it really needs is manual. But I understand why there hasn’t been one. It’s pretty simple to operate already, and chucks guide does a great job for telling us procedures 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

IDK, about the only real things I would like to see are animated buttons on the stick/throttle like other modules. And then a pilot body would be nice.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 5/18/2022 at 12:57 PM, uboats said:

for ls6 50/100, we dont' have enough info on how their seeker work

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-PLA-GBU.html

re: LS-6-50 / LS-6-100 -- Not official, but sources say they could be laser guided, though that is disputed, they all do seem to have some IR / programmed image seeking ability. Photos show they don't have the large wings of the 500, so laser guided or image homing seems like that's what they could be doing, since they would have to be released at closer range. I'm assuming the images would have to be programmed on the ground if there's no cable, of course, datalink is a possibility (if its designed as an equivalent to the GBU/39B it would have a two way datalink with terminal IIR seeker), as is pre-planned. 

• 2 weeks later...

Intereting to see this many happy JF-17 pilots. I loved this plane untill recently when I realised that now LD-10's are missing targets in like 90% of times, 802AK missing also mostly, depends on the mood of game. At least laser guided rockets now work and bombs..Yeee. This will keep me occupided...for and hour and then what. I bought this plane at had very nice selection of A/G munitions along with capable sead and now well it is expensive data block on my SSD. As much as I wanna curse like mad man I just got dissapointed. I guess nowdays JF-17 cannot have better weapons from thei NATO counterparts. I do hope that politics did not get involed into game. maybe it is time for me that I look up some other game. I am getting too old for this cr.p Or maybe ED is trying to make me buy F-18? Well that aint gonna happend any time soon as they will mess up that too, usualy after I buy module. Rant off. See you all.

13 minutes ago, Aries101 said:

Rant off

Why rant at all? .. all the effort you spend creating that wall of text would have been better spent creating a proper bug report for each weapon you have issues with, with proper tracks and fleshed out descriptions of the issue .. something that the developer can actually use to improve his aircraft, instead of a mere rant 🤔

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Just now, Aries101 said:

Why? trk file is 45 mb long. If I new how to make it smaller I would do it. 

You could always upload the track onto a cloud (google drive, one drive, mega, etc) and the place a link on your bug report. Now, such a large track means that your issue was on a multiplayer mission ... those are not good showcases for a bug, because many MP servers make use  of heavy scripting that may be interfering. Instead, create a small test flight using the editor, with just your JF-17,  weapon and the target.

I managed to make fast mini mission to minimize file and I managed to ZIp it so log and trk fit on forum. So I posted. I don't belive anything was off, LD-10 was aligned as I started hot, still as precaution I updated DTC (failed on first try up in air). Anyway. All missles failed be in in PAS or SP mode once I got locked and fired. Last one I shos in PAS mode on locled radar just to see what will happen, but all failed miserably. ALt 30000 ft, distance of 1st missle 30 nm, then 25 nm and last one I can't honestly remeber as I got shot on xd.

I hope that someone can figure out what is happenning as apart that missle got short range now, they also did not hit anything. And lets be honest, if I need to get any closer to SAM site to get it shot down, I'd rather play something else.

Yea, my first supicions happened on servers, but I did several in solo. I need not to say that couple of months ago all worled flawlessly anwhere I'd go with LD-10, solo, server or whatever.

• 4 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 1:57 PM, uboats said:

Thank you for the small LS-6s in this patch! 

I noticed that we can double rack them, did the investigation turn up a data cable option for the racks? 

Also, I'm still hoping for the even smaller LS-6 50kg to be added.

Thanks, you guys rock! 

31 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I noticed that we can double rack them, did the investigation turn up a data cable option for the racks? 

Also, I'm still hoping for the even smaller LS-6 50kg to be added.

Thanks, you guys rock! 

from some photo, there seems to be something at the back of rack (not clean gray color but some other color pixels) and the rack itself can be modified to support the data cable without much challenge, so I decided to add the dual rack for entertainment purpose and make jf-17 task more funny. JF-17 so far is the only platform to bring players chance to test weapons from China. Hope it would be ok for the community 🙂

Edited by uboats
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

10 minutes ago, uboats said:

from some photo, there seems to be something at the back of rack (not clean gray color but some other color pixels) and the rack itself can be modified to support the data cable without much challenge, so I decided to add the dual rack for entertainment purpose and make jf-17 task more funny. JF-17 so far is the only platform to bring players chance to test weapons from China. Hope it would be ok for the community 🙂

There are prototype and "test only" features on other aircraft; so long as it's not a fantasy feature, you're fine, thanks for the explanation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, uboats said:

Nice.

In my opinion the community would also like to test a chinese HMD 😉

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Foogle said:

How do we use these LS6-100's? Do we drop them like regular GBU's? Or can we drop them like its bigger brother?

And thank you Deka!!

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat