Mission 1: Biff crash on my plane!

LordOrion

All went fine till I've lined up with the active runway and doing the final check-list with Biff.

Suddenly, his plane crashed onto my plane's back (I think he was trying to take off).

I've punched out just before it was too late and sat on the runway floor watching the fireworks...

How sad.

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Had that happen in testing once, but when I tried to reproduce it, Biff behaved like he should. Couldn't quite put my finger on any potential cause, other than the DCS AI being the DCS AI.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was just trying to do this mission (3rd time). and if you avoid the crash by staying off the centerline, he will takeoff and the mission will go weird, as the script continues to develop but he will be wayyy ahead already flying while voice over is still on the runway checks. 😞

dcs bugs as usual but the campaign looks fabulous!! cant wait

EDIT: I just stoped right after the holding point. works!

Edited by t-stoff
SOLVED

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

• 9 months later...
On 5/17/2022 at 12:15 AM, LordOrion said:

All went fine till I've lined up with the active runway and doing the final check-list with Biff.

Suddenly, his plane crashed onto my plane's back (I think he was trying to take off).

I've punched out just before it was too late and sat on the runway floor watching the fireworks...

How sad.

Anyone played this lately?

Tried it twice today, and Biff keeps ramming me from behind when I'm on the runway. Should I not stop on the runway (to wait for his instructions) and just go for the takeoff?

This is an old DCS bug reported ages ago that I cannot do anything about - just AI being AI. Happens to some people, for some it doesn't. Just go ahead and take off I think, until ED fixes AI taxi logic in Nellis on their end nothing can be done. On the bright side it seems this happens only in M01.

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png