Apologies in advanced if this is an oft repeated question, but how much does it cost to rent a server for DCS? I’m in the UK so here or EU is what I’m after. Thanks in advance
Depending on your requirements it's perfectly feasible to run one on a reasonably modern laptop and your home Internet connection.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, zildac said:

Depending on your requirements it's perfectly feasible to run one on a reasonably modern laptop and your home Internet connection.

Thanks for the reply zildac.

Ive got a spare computer but I doubt my internet connection is up to the job. When I download a game on steam I get about 12mb/s, my isp says it’s 40mb/s but I’ve never seen anything download at that speed.

But more importantly I’d like it to be on at all times for a group of ppl to join whenever they want, I can’t do that with my spare laptop and crappy internet 🙂

19 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

Thanks for the reply zildac.

Ive got a spare computer but I doubt my internet connection is up to the job. When I download a game on steam I get about 12mb/s, my isp says it’s 40mb/s but I’ve never seen anything download at that speed.

But more importantly I’d like it to be on at all times for a group of ppl to join whenever they want, I can’t do that with my spare laptop and crappy internet 🙂

That's a fair point. You could look at Digital  Ocean, AWS or Azure as a hosting solution Digital Ocean I've never used, but I think they're reasonably priced and can offer bandwidth guarantees as well as you being able to choose the "size" of the VM you would like, DNS and/or a static IP.

• Thanks 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

My suggestion is avoid "cloud" service like AWS,Azure etc, since they are normally more expensive.
I personally recommend to look at more "traditional" competitor, if you are EU based look at OVH. They have powerful server, and you can also decide to go for their spinoff SoYouStart where they make sales on "older" hardware.
Select a server with a CPU with an High Frequency an you can run multiple instances and complex mission without any problem ( I personally recommend to go from 3.5Ghz and above )

We've used soyoustart for 2+ year with just a minor issues, solved in a couples of days.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!