DCS full screen mode is too big ?

swaps

Hi all,

I have been having problems with this from the start. I have just put a new 1080I TV on and I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and every time I use DCS in full screen mode half the options after a mission r save, refly  ect are off the screen. I have just  set my screen to a little under full screen to see if that helps but DCS just jumps to over full screen  size and is even worse than before. Is there a way round this ?

Thanks Alan

have you set your screen resolution options up correcty in the game and in the NV control panel? 

config file might be useful

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

2 hours ago, Boosterdog said:

have you set your screen resolution options up correcty in the game and in the NV control panel? 

config file might be useful

Hi,

I checked and you were right, it was not set to 1080I but even when I adjust this and close down when I restart it either has reverted back to 720p or says it still on 1080 but as it load the icons on my screen more than double in size telling me its has lowered the setting even though still showing 1080. Not sure what config file you mean ? or where is will be located ?

in the nvcp there are two options for fullscreen scaling somewhere. gpu-scaling and another one. Try to change them. That helped me with a tv as monitor.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Have now sorted this I think, the save button for preferences was off the screen so it was not saving my setting. It seems much better now. will see if it stays the same after a reboot.

Thanks All,

Alan

54 minutes ago, swaps said:

Hi,

I checked and you were right, it was not set to 1080I but even when I adjust this and close down when I restart it either has reverted back to 720p or says it still on 1080 but as it load the icons on my screen more than double in size telling me its has lowered the setting even though still showing 1080. Not sure what config file you mean ? or where is will be located ?

Glad you sorted it - for reference the custom preset files are lcoated in your saved games/dcs or dcs OB/config/OptionsPresets folder whilst the "options.lua" file thats present in the config folder contains the current settings selected - if you ever find yourself in a similar position,editing the options.lua lines 65 (aspect = 1.7777777777778), 78 (height=1080) and 97 (Width =1920) in notepad + should get you back on track. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Many TVs have a default overscan setting meant to hide noise at the edge of the picture and so can clip off the outer edge. Of course that’s a problem with computer images and even things like sports tickers. It should be adjustable in the TVs settings.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

Many TVs have a default overscan setting meant to hide noise at the edge of the picture and so can clip off the outer edge. Of course that’s a problem with computer images and even things like sports tickers. It should be adjustable in the TVs settings.

all sorted scaling was set wrong in dcs

Alan