RWR Symbology?

lcabc888

I don't know the symbology, but from my experience, when a radar signal report is made, at the same time an icon is presented at the edge of the TSD in the direction from which the radar signal is being received. The icon is usually something looking like a set of wings with the wingtips pointing upwards, in yellow I think--sorry I'm red-green colorblind.

"searching" means the radar signal is in search mode. The source is named, and taken from the RWR's database. I can't always recognize what Betty is saying: "es-a-six". The SAM numbers are generally not an issue. "Roland" I recognize. But I got tracked by an F-16 yesterday--I know it was this F-16, because it was the only radar source in the area, and I saw it on the F-10 map ☺️--, the RWR report sounded like "ef-es-six" to me--YMMF. I also often hear something that sounds like "ef-ef", but I don't know what it is.

"tracking" means the radar signal is tracking an aircraft. Tracking generally means a track-radar set is painting a specific flying object, by emitting only that sector of the sky with radar signals; ie it is directional. If your RWR is picking up a track signal, either your aircraft or an aircraft and you are inside the track-cone. It does not necessarily mean that you are within weapon range, but if not your are probably very close.

"launch" means the RWR set has recognized that a missile has been launched. IR sensors positioned around the fuselage "see" an IR-signature of either an missile launch or the IR-signature of a missile in the air. It is not differentiated between friendly or enemy missiles. You will often receive reports of missile launches of squadron members or fast-movers attacking nearby, which is why you should always report "rifle" when firing a missile or rocket, so your squadron members know that the RWR report might be the cause.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

9 hours ago, lcabc888 said:

Hey guys

Can someone share the symbology of the TSD and ASD pages? thank you lol

Also, what do "tracking", "searching", and "launch" mean

Did you check manual? You have appendix with all symbols.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

She doesn't have the clearest voice and combined with tiny symbology (VR at least) it can be difficult to fully understand what exactly is going on. 

Sadly single player AI wingmen do not announce "rifle" so it's always important to have good situation awareness. If you know his and other allies location and you get a launch warning from a different direction best to take evasive action. Don't think I've ever heard anyone in MP announce it either. 

The manual gives HSD symbology but I dont believe ASE. I think they are just standard RWR symbols and can be found and added to the kneeboard like what I done for the f16 HARM codes. As said its difficult to read but I think most are self explanatory. 

I did. But when I fly, the symbology is a yellow triangle instead of a red tower-like thing as described in the manual (page 354). Also, there's a lot of "E3" in the symbology which is not covered in the appendix.

Edited by lcabc888

Quick Start Manual Page 320

Zitat

The MPD TSD and ASE pages provide a singular “footprint” for the combined indications of the RLWR (and RFI if equipped with an FCR mast-mounted assembly).

the "footprint" will only be displayed by yellow symbols:

Zitat
  • Search Mode. Radar threat is displayed as a yellow triangle icon with a one- or two-digit label identifier.
  • Track Mode. Radar threat icon is displayed with a box placed around the icon and a dotted line leading to the Ownship.
  • Launch Mode. Radar threat is displayed with a flashing box placed around
  • New Threat. A new radar threat is displayed as a bolded yellow triangle for 3 seconds.
  • Threat no longer detected. A radar threat that is no longer detected will be displayed in partial intensity yellow for 10 seconds before being removed from the RLWR “footprint” the icon and a flashing dotted line leading to the Ownship.

The TSD symbology as descibed from page 347 on is only "a library of aircraft point symbols"

K