F-15C nose wheel steering speeds

Hello, does anybody know the safe speeds for engaging and disengaging nose wheel steering? If I engage NWS too early during a landing roll, the nose wheel spins around wildly and bursts the tire. Can NWS be disengaged during part of the roll in case I'm off-center and still fast after the nose wheel comes down? Thanks.

Edited by rheesbirman

17 hours ago, draconus said:

You don't disengage NWS in the Eagle unless you're ground crew.

Thanks. Yes, I read that somewhere else too. It seems a strange thing to model in a low fidelity plane considering it's not intended to be used at all.

• Like 1

FC3 aircraft have mostly the same bindings list which would be the probable reason.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 5/20/2022 at 10:33 AM, draconus said:

You don't disengage NWS in the Eagle unless you're ground crew.

Not entirely true. It isn’t normal to disengage steering for takeoff purposes, but you use the paddle any time you want to move rudders without moving the nosewheel, IE flight control warmups. 

The real jets steering is ‘dampened’, so its likely the C’s implementation is likely too fast, but I have no experience taxiing a jet so lack accurate feedback to give there. 

Edited by Rainmaker
  • Thanks 1