Engine stops in gun ground attack tutorial

jfri

Probably main engine bearing damage, no one knows why this thing brakes so easy if you wanted to ask about it.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Shouldn't happen in active pause, though, and I recall there's not enough altitude in this mission to accelerate to "bearing breaking speed" ;). But, any weird stuff is possibile in DCS, so it's difficult to say what's up without replay track.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

1 hour ago, Art-J said:

Shouldn't happen in active pause, though, and I recall there's not enough altitude in this mission to accelerate to "bearing breaking speed" ;). But, any weird stuff is possibile in DCS, so it's difficult to say what's up without replay track.

It is enough that  throttle is closed in active pause for longer time 🙂

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

8 hours ago, jfri said:

But it was not

OK, was it full open then? I've just checked the mission in latest OB and the only way I can make the engine vibrate (with possible failure later on, I didn't bother to wait) is by overboosting it - going over 52" @ 2700 RPM. Again, without you saving and posting a replay track we can only run in circles and guess what really happened.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

15 hours ago, Art-J said:

OK, was it full open then? I've just checked the mission in latest OB and the only way I can make the engine vibrate (with possible failure later on, I didn't bother to wait) is by overboosting it - going over 52" @ 2700 RPM. Again, without you saving and posting a replay track we can only run in circles and guess what really happened.

That could have been the cause. My latest attempt to run that tutorial did work without these issues. I then made sure that manifold pressure and rpm was in the green area, actually the same as we are told to set it later in the tutorial

Yeah, I guess it would be better if these missions told player to set correct power as a first instruction rather than one of the later ones. But they were all built for initial module release, when engine damage wasn't fully implemented yet, so they're a bit outdated in this aspect it seems.

• Like 2