Any Ideas or Windows 11 problems? I don't know

DishDoggie

I have never had my Install go bad or get corrupted in all the years I have had DCS. I have had Windows 11 for 4 months now and no problems has popped up no Issues other then Normal ones that ED gets around to fixing for us. This last update looked like it went ok and was fine for a while like always. I started having strange things happen. ALL of my time is spent in VR on a HP G2 first off. using Open VR Toolkit Open VR Developer Windows Mixed Reality and Open Composite in Non Steam VR and for every game not DCS only. So the Facts are clean on my install MODS are just Shinny Skin Mod Fix for Huey's and Then Liveries.

The Reason for this is just fact finding after Troubles started popping up.

1.) On the Channel Map  flying a P-51D I want to get the hag of it. I need to train flying it So lets agree I know when I screw up and crash. Then to my problems. In normal flight Flat Straight the Engine will Fail and all my Temps and PSI's are in the Green and Normal. Then Other times I have a list of Failures that start from My Guns then run to every part on the plane and into the ground I go. I HAVE random failures off the plane and guns are set to 100%. It is Crazy I have never seen a failure list of parts this long. During flight that I was In control of low bank turn and good speed in the green in the below mission.

2.) Other Crazy things: Custom Mission I made. For Fun as I learn I made a Dog Fight Mission. Me an AI Wingman in P51D's and 2 FW 190A's First open and then test Fly Mission go normal. Depending on how it turns out the things I have seen happen are as Fallows: Lets say I screw up and go into the ground from My Fault. Then I hit the Fly Again Button it loads and I am still dead and looking at the FW190's or 1 of them. I exit out go back into the Editor. Start the Mission again and it loads but I have No FW 190's load in alive they are dead. Exit out to main menu back into Editor and Loads fine. This is SO random So it can Go any kind of way you can think. so 2 P51s load only 1 FW 190 load I hear my Wingman but he is not loaded in and no FW 190s. Today It would not reload after exiting out to the Menu so I had to restart the Game. Other Missions made for Huey will load and work Normal I have seen no problem. Back to the P-51D and it could work normal for hours then go wacko. 

I have used the DCS Repair tool 2 times now it runs and acts as if everything is fine and ready to go.

Have you ever had crazy things like this happen?

I have a High end Computer it can run DCS in VR so Awesome. AMD system. Well I'm happy with it, Yours may be better. Will Thanks for reading and if you respond Thanks for some of your facts I get to read.

55 minutes ago, DishDoggie said:

Have you ever had crazy things like this happen?

not often, but yes, I’ve had strange crashes or bugs … whenever it happens I make a point of saving the trackfile and the last log file, so I can ask for help at ED support.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 1:45 AM, DishDoggie said:

1.) On the Channel Map  flying a P-51D I want to get the hag of it. I need to train flying it So lets agree I know when I screw up and crash. Then to my problems. In normal flight Flat Straight the Engine will Fail and all my Temps and PSI's are in the Green and Normal. Then Other times I have a list of Failures that start from My Guns then run to every part on the plane and into the ground I go. I HAVE random failures off the plane and guns are set to 100%. It is Crazy I have never seen a failure list of parts this long. During flight that I was In control of low bank turn and good speed in the green in the below mission.

Please ensure the "Random system failures" option is disabled.

failures.png

On 5/18/2022 at 1:45 AM, DishDoggie said:

2.) Other Crazy things: Custom Mission I made. For Fun as I learn I made a Dog Fight Mission. Me an AI Wingman in P51D's and 2 FW 190A's First open and then test Fly Mission go normal. Depending on how it turns out the things I have seen happen are as Fallows: Lets say I screw up and go into the ground from My Fault. Then I hit the Fly Again Button it loads and I am still dead and looking at the FW190's or 1 of them. I exit out go back into the Editor. Start the Mission again and it loads but I have No FW 190's load in alive they are dead. Exit out to main menu back into Editor and Loads fine. This is SO random So it can Go any kind of way you can think. so 2 P51s load only 1 FW 190 load I hear my Wingman but he is not loaded in and no FW 190s. Today It would not reload after exiting out to the Menu so I had to restart the Game. Other Missions made for Huey will load and work Normal I have seen no problem. Back to the P-51D and it could work normal for hours then go wacko.

Please attach such a mission.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

Please ensure the "Random system failures" option is disabled.

failures.png

Please attach such a mission.

Thank You I did and was told it could not be reproduced My Random System Failures is not Checked I sent the mission the TRK file and a log file but I think it must of been the wrong log file. I did a Clean install going from Standard Version to Beta Version. Both Stand alone Versions not Steam. To this day The mission in question on my Computer will start 3 to 4 times with only 1 AI plane at start. I have the conditions set to End the mission when this happens but according to Tech. They have no issues starting it every time with 2 AI planes and it works fine for them so I have just gave up on it. Thank You.