Multiple Static Units In Group

Is there a way to add multiple static objects to a single static group? Like when building groups of active ground units?

Screenshot 2022-05-18 010245.jpg

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I belive not. Perhaps add the ablity to group statics as a core wishlish item?

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 5/18/2022 at 7:07 AM, rwbishUP said:

Is there a way to add multiple static objects to a single static group? Like when building groups of active ground units?...

EDIT : @rwbishUP now it works by default in mission editor ! when adding a static, just click on the arrow (unit <>X out of <>X) to add other statics and build a FARP that you can save as group template and use it where you want.

Edited by toutenglisse
in post
  • Like 1

Thank you @toutenglisse, my search didn't bring across this topic.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 7:15 AM, toutenglisse said:

EDIT : @rwbishUP now it works by default in mission editor ! when adding a static, just click on the arrow (unit <>X out of <>X) to add other statics and build a FARP that you can save as group template and use it where you want.

Okay, now I am stumped.  I am trying to do exactly what the OP was asking for - create a group of static objects so I can create an outpost/compound in order to save as a template and use in other missions.  Like @Boosterdog, I have been under the long impression that this isn't possible in the ME.  BUT ... when I saw @toutenglissecome in with information saying otherwise I was really excited. 

Unfortunately, I must be missing an unlock somewhere.  When I add a static to a map, the Unit X of Y is not something I can edit.  It appears hardcoded to only be 1 of 1.

image.png

I am running the current OB (2.7.16.27869)

What am I missing???

Thanks.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

...What am I missing???

Thanks.

It worked for a short period. I can't tell why. BTW it didn't allowed mixed categories, so maybe introduction was a "mistake".

What works for now is editing the "mission" file inside a .miz mission that contain statics that you want to group, to put each static unit in the first group with the first static unit, and then creating a group template by selecting this group of statics.

Edited by toutenglisse
  • Like 1

Thanks!  I have seen a video on this.  I'll locate and post a link.  Seems like a reasonable approach.  

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Here's the video I mentioned above.  

Similar to @RedKite's approach for carrier statics found elsewhere on the forums.  This approach differs slightly as there's a spreadsheet associated with @gmangnall's solution where it builds the LUA code automagically.  It also supports more than CVN statics. 

This allows folks who have some comfort level with scripts to create a repository of grouped statics for use across missions (in a specific map).  He describes in the video above.

The link to this spreadsheet along with some examples is here - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3320819/

I am going to play around with this and see what I can learn.

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod