Replaced my X-56 Throttle with a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, and now I get red exclamation marks with the F-14 only (other modules unaffected)

I did some internet digging and found out others have been having this issue, but I couldn't find anyone that said they fixed the issue. For most, it happens to only Heatblur's products.

All I can say is I've been using the F-14 since launch and never had an issue with axis bindings. As soon as I received my Warthog Throttle the other day and swapped it in place of my X-56 throttle, the throttle and rudder are now showing red exclamation marks, even if nothing is bound to those axis slots.

I can bind an axis to the throttle and rudder, but moving a physical throttle/rudder doesn't show any white bars showing the axis movement.

error.jpg

I have tried deleted the config -> input folder from the DCS Saved Games location and letting the folder rebuild itself fresh, but this screenshot was taken after doing that.

Windows can see all of my devices just fine, and they show up correctly in the Devices control panel. I'm able to test the rudder and throttle just fine using Window's built in axis/button

controllers.JPG

throttle.JPG

So why is this happening to only Heatblur's products? And how do I fix it?

Edited by key_stroked

click on it, and then click clear. the red exclamation mark should go away. it usually indicates conflicting inputs, for example with the UI layer, etc. so may not even be Tomcat specific, but that something is bound elsewhere (like UI layer) on the WH throttle that conflicts with Tomcat inputs or vice versa. If you try to bind the exact same again, it should say which input. If it does not matter to you, just map the new one, and should be fine. 

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

click on it, and then click clear. the red exclamation mark should go away. it usually indicates conflicting inputs, for example with the UI layer, etc. so may not even be Tomcat specific, but that something is bound elsewhere (like UI layer) on the WH throttle that conflicts with Tomcat inputs or vice versa. If you try to bind the exact same again, it should say which input. If it does not matter to you, just map the new one, and should be fine. 

This doesn't fix the issue. In the screenshot above, I'm getting the red ! mark even with nothing bound. There is no conflict.

I did more internet digging and someone said to manually add in the axis ID to the default.lua file in input -> F-14B Pilot -> joystick, so I tried that (shown below).

keybinds1.JPG

This worked until I restarted DCS, and now I'm getting a red ! mark next to the "Pitch", and JOY_RZ is binding itself to my rudders (I'm not even sure what axis RZ is). I tried to hit clear before rebinding my stick Y axis to pitch. No messages tell me of anything conflicting, and hovering over the red ! mark with the mouse doesn't tell me anything either.

This is what I saw tonight before I hit clear. Pitch has a red ! mark.

pitch1.jpg

If I hit clear, I see this.

pitch2.jpg

My UI Layer keybinds don't even have anything bound to any axis.

uilayer.jpg

To reiterate, I completely wiped all my keybindings last night by deleting the input folder from Saved Games -> DCS.openbeta -> Config and started rebinding all my modules from scratch. So far I've bound the F-14, F-18, SA342, and the Huey. Out of all those modules, only the F-14 is having the red ! mark issue.

Any other suggestions?

Edited by key_stroked

4 hours ago, key_stroked said:

My UI Layer keybinds don't even have anything bound to any axis.

...but your screenshot shows "all but axes". Also please show devices hidden on the right side when in pilot F-14 axes view.

One last idea is to temporarily remove (make a backup first!) the default profile file for TM Warthog in the main DCS folder (not saved games) \mods\aircraft\F-14\config\input\joystick - it might be a bit different folder structure or naming, but you got the idea.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

...but your screenshot shows "all but axes". Also please show devices hidden on the right side when in pilot F-14 axes view.

One last idea is to temporarily remove (make a backup first!) the default profile file for TM Warthog in the main DCS folder (not saved games) \mods\aircraft\F-14\config\input\joystick - it might be a bit different folder structure or naming, but you got the idea.

I would recommend this as a next step as well, clear the input folder in the main install mods/f14 folder (and additionally again in saved games, so both are clean, manually remove and backup any files or folders in it), then run a repair. We'll also take a look on our side if we find anything to be a likely culprit.

My apologies that you have to experience inconveniences with it.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 minute ago, IronMike said:

...so both are clean, manually remove and backup any files or folders in it), then run a repair.

Keep in mind the repair process (or any DCS update) will bring back the potentially bad worthog profile - thus my advise was to check if it fixes the issue first.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

13 hours ago, draconus said:

There is nothing in the axis layer.

axislayer.jpg

The other 2 columns to the right are trackIR and mouse. I only have the three devices plugged in (throttle, stick, rudder).

11 hours ago, draconus said:

Keep in mind the repair process (or any DCS update) will bring back the potentially bad worthog profile - thus my advise was to check if it fixes the issue first.

I've tried a repair, but it didn't do anything.

11 hours ago, IronMike said:

I would recommend this as a next step as well, clear the input folder in the main install mods/f14 folder (and additionally again in saved games, so both are clean, manually remove and backup any files or folders in it), then run a repair. We'll also take a look on our side if we find anything to be a likely culprit.

My apologies that you have to experience inconveniences with it.

I tried a repair but I didn't touch the folders in the main install location. I can try that next I guess.