Stinger rocket motor smokeless

Rissala

I am not sure why, but the Stinger motor is now smokeless in the most recent patch and hence very hard to spot.
There is a very tiny smoke trail which dissipates extremely quickly.
If this Stinger unit is supposed to represent the same stinger as in previous patches, this is not correct. Stinger motor is prioritised for max impulse, not for smokeless behaviour.

image.png
DCS Stinger

image.png

Edited by Rissala
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

i find that it is an unforgivable game braker, because in helicopter now you are almost always attackable from all sides, without warning, that for example from Petrovich AI gets a warning or the like....without that you see something it is not possible to react to such threats...it is also not realistic, because in reality you see a lot of smoke trail ....it is pure suicide to play on multiplayer server with a helicopter...what was ed thinking?
first they plan to bring out one helicopter after another, and then the back whistle follows that you are constantly shot down?

i would hope that a moderator would quickly take care of passing it on...so this is really not fun

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

here you can clearly see that it makes a lot of smoke, and in the game you can see nothing at all...which does not correspond to reality

as of 06/13/2022 chaperral is still smokeless

image.png.d234601c658fe1bb27b7a2b9da8ecaac.png

Edited by Nimbur

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...