Can Flap Breaking Logic be updated for us BFM pilots?

Stackhouse

I skimmed this, so pardon me if this has been said. 

1: Yes main flaps give you a turn rate advantage. No you shouldn't do that, they will break.

2: Regarding the OP question about using the flaps lever just to the point where the flaps won't break.

I write my own keybindings for my pit and have already experimented with this idea. Two things. First the aux landing flaps are binary, so they are either up or down. Second the spot the flap handle would activate the aux flaps has not extended the maneuver flaps fully yet. So the conclusion is that by trying to game the system you are actually getting less flaps.... Just use the DLC wheel for flaps outside of landing.

• Like 2

Adding an MF axis that lets you set the MFs to a proportional percentage of your axis was a mistake on our part and will be removed again. We added a lot of inputs specifically tailored for homepit builders, and overlooked the consequences stemming from the unrealistic MF engagement. Our apologies.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

15 hours ago, IronMike said:

Adding an MF axis that lets you set the MFs to a proportional percentage of your axis was a mistake on our part and will be removed again. We added a lot of inputs specifically tailored for homepit builders, and overlooked the consequences stemming from the unrealistic MF engagement. Our apologies.

Thanks Mike for the response. Homepit builders using Joystick Gremlin (or other solution) should still be able to use a 'Button 2 Axis' feature which would allow them to bind the up/down flaps to the top and bottom of their flap axis.

This would enable them to still get the functionality of having a flap lever but requiring it to function in line with how it did IRL. (assuming I am correct with my impression of how it works)

Regarding the original Lua editing: will there be any measures taken to ensure that people cannot use Lua file edits to force the axis themselves once the change is implemented?

Edited by Stackhouse

13 hours ago, IronMike said:

This is just a binding though yeah? The logic of the mains should still be binary. Also folks can always move the flap lever with the mouse, but as long as the mains are on/off only it won't matter about the axis.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RodWan Olds said:

This is just a binding though yeah? The logic of the mains should still be binary. Also folks can always move the flap lever with the mouse, but as long as the mains are on/off only it won't matter about the axis.

Using flaps lever, its the AUX flaps that are either up (less or at 5° flaps lever deflection) or down (more than 5° flaps lever deflection). MAIN flaps can be set to any position in between up/down corresponding to flaps lever position.

5 hours ago, Stackhouse said:

Regarding the original Lua editing: will there be any measures taken to ensure that people cannot use Lua file edits to force the axis themselves once the change is implemented?

Axis was always available for flap lever. You can set it however you want even without lua edits and you won't achieve anything unrealistic. Why would they need to force/lock anything?

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

17 minutes ago, draconus said:

Axis was always available for flap lever. You can set it however you want even without lua edits and you won't achieve anything unrealistic. Why would they need to force/lock anything?

Because E-sports people gotta always think E-sporty. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RodWan Olds said:

No, we made the maneuver flaps (and MF only, not talking normal flaps), so that you can set them by potentiometer, which results in the unrealistic behavior of percent of axis = percent of MFs moved. This we will revert again and remove that axis. The rest remains as is.

As for the lua: that is not our job to prevent ppl from editing luas, and also is no bueno to do so. If ppl want to mod themselves whatever, they should be able to. For servers IC comes into play, and if said file is not IC-ed yet, this is something to report to ED please.

• Like 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/