Thank you from the bottom of my Heart

AeriaGloria

With my dream of pedal micro switches simulation, more options then I thought would ever happen, one of the biggest things I have ever wanted for Mi-24P has been granted. I cannot express my gratitude for being able to fly Mi-24P with dampening stabilization no matter pedal position, and to be able to choose myself when to enter heading hold the way a real pilot would. 

Than you very much for your patience with all my threads and wishes @BIGNEWY, I am immeasurably appreciative of what has been done, something once considered to be unlikely and to never happen 

• Like 8

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

@AeriaGloria  Quick question trying to understand the microswitch options,  for a realistic representation for a Virtual pilot with springs in pedals, which option would best represent the real world counterpart?

• Like 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

13 minutes ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

@AeriaGloria  Quick question trying to understand the microswitch options,  for a realistic representation for a Virtual pilot with springs in pedals, which option would best represent the real world counterpart?

The real thing has no pedal trim, but also does not have centering pedals. I personally run no pedal trim, trimming reduces throw, and I like to know where center is. If you set no pedal trim, pedal micro switch will only affect yaw autopilot as it does in real life 

The micro switch logic option changes the yaw autopilot interaction. 

Disable by return to nuetral: Same as before patch. If you set pedal trim, only difference then before patch is that micro switch bind can be used as dedicated pedal trim button 

Enable/disable by pedal movement: If pedals are still, yaw AP does heading hold. If they move yaw AP will dampen changes in rate of movement 

Automatic off: completely manual as it is in real life. Pressing micro switch bind will put pedals in dampening, releasing will put yaw AP in heading hold, with the trimming option for releasing it to trim it at same time 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

I just had a flight with my dampened xwinds, no spring, no pedal trim and microswitched enabled/disabled by movement. I could see the yaw channel fighting me, I swear it wasn't disengaging. I still prefer to switch the yaw channel off and on. I think I will probably like the manual microswitch control, next thing to try. Guess I gotta bind that to the stick though. 

Edited by Hoirtel

5 minutes ago, Hoirtel said:

I just had a flight with my dampened xwinds, no spring, no pedal trim and microswitched enabled/disabled by movement. I could see the yaw channel fighting me, I swear it wasn't disengaging. I still prefer to switch the yaw channel off and on. I think I will probably like the manual microswitch control, next thing to try. Guess I gotta bind that to the stick though. 

Yeah, it’s a button you have to hold. So you have to bind it to a switch to keep it on or use joystick gremlin

1 hour ago, Tarres said:

I´m between "no pedal trim" - "Enable/disable by pedal movement" and "no pedal trim" - "Automatic off".

@AeriaGloria What do you think?

Depends what you personally want. I personally don’t want trim, so no pedal trim. Personally I want manual control of yaw AP so it’s always stabilizing my maneuver without fighting me, and only holds heading when I want it to, so I do automatic off and press/release micro switch binding as I want, release it when I want at sight and level cruise, but keep it pressed 99% of the time. Now that it’s on for the center 18% region of throw, I’m surprised how effective it is at even high speed at stabilizing and helping aiming 

Also with no pedal trim selected, the yaw AP will no longer automatically trim you when it’s in heading hold and reaches it authority limit 

4 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Depends what you personally want. I personally don’t want trim, so no pedal trim. Personally I want manual control of yaw AP so it’s always stabilizing my maneuver without fighting me, and only holds heading when I want it to, so I do automatic off and press/release micro switch binding as I want, release it when I want at sight and level cruise, but keep it pressed 99% of the time. Now that it’s on for the center 18% region of throw, I’m surprised how effective it is at even high speed at stabilizing and helping aiming 

Also with no pedal trim selected, the yaw AP will no longer automatically trim you when it’s in heading hold and reaches it authority limit 

This is also what I would like to see configured!
So in concrete terms, the Yaw Autopilot can now be activated from the start and you just need to bind a button on your stick which you will press constantly when you want manual yaw control. When you release this button, it keeps the yaw in the last position and you can remove your feet from your rudder pedals.
If the button is pushed again, you have  full manual control again with your rudder pedals.
Is all this correct?

And in order to do so what I have to choose in my options ?
null

image.png

Edited by Razorback

1 hour ago, Razorback said:

This is also what I would like to see configured!
So in concrete terms, the Yaw Autopilot can now be activated from the start and you just need to bind a button on your stick which you will press constantly when you want manual yaw control. When you release this button, it keeps the yaw in the last position and you can remove your feet from your rudder pedals.
If the button is pushed again, you have  full manual control again with your rudder pedals.
Is all this correct?

And in order to do so what I have to choose in my options ?
null

image.png

Not really correct. You still have to turn Yaw AP on manually with the button, it just changes how the Yaw AP interacts with you, the human machine interface so to speak. 

I have it bound to a switch so I don’t have to hold it constantly. When pressed, it won’t leave yaw autopilot in last position. It will center it if you’re still. But any change in movement will be fought by it. If I start a turn, micro switches are held down and yaw AP on, it is in dampening mode becuase micro switch is held. When I turn, it will initially fight the rapid increase in yaw rate, slowing it down, but as you settle into the turn and yaw rate stays the same, it will go back to neutral. As you stop the turn, it will fight the slow down in yaw rate, but after you completely stop turning it will go back to nuetral, as there is now no change in yaw rate to dampen. This helps you change direction more smoothly, especially weapon aiming, fight rapid changes in yaw rate as you move collective, adverse yaw. 

But reading your post again maybe I misunderstood, if by keeping yaw in last position when micro switch is released you mean heading, then yes. When released the yaw AP will do everything in it’s power to keep you on the heading you we’re in when heading hold was engaged/micro switch released. If you have pedal trim enabled, when it reaches its 18% limit it will start to trim you to maintain heading. 

In order to have it work like that, you need “micro switch logic” set to “Automatic Off.” What that does is automatically have yaw AP in heading hold and micro switch released, and any switch from heading hold to dampening and back is by pressing and releasing the bind. It is your choice for trim. If like me you want no trim, just select no trim under “Pedal trimmer button.” You can have it trim with your cyclic trim button same time as cyclic, or use micro switch button to be able to trim pedals separately. 

And then pedal trimmer mode is same as regular trimmer mode, you choose if you want return to center type trimming or instant(.5 second delay after trimming before trim position takes effect). 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SmukY said:

Also, does the pedal dampener switch work now? I don't remember it did anything at all when you flicked it down and disablerd it before or am I wrong?

Before, it turned whole autopilot off. Now, it seems to do nothing. I thought this might be a QOL improvement for people that hate it and want it off with yaw AP on. I will not complain, but I only just realized after comparing 2 Mi-24 manuals and Mi-35M manual, which has identical AP system, that it’s suppossed to disable the heading hold/displacement mode of the yaw AP. It might be worth a report, but this is one aspect I care less about, and personally already have the changed I wished regarding yaw AP. I’m done bugging ED about it, but if someone else wants to make the bug report, I will entirely support them!!!! 

21 hours ago, aaronwhite said:

Haha, Aeria, I always think of you when I see Hind changes/improvements, purely because it feels like every time I hope on Rotorheads, I see you in the Hind just buzzing around and destroying things. 

Lol, idk your username on rotorheads but I appreciate the thought🤣 sometimes I wish I could be less addicted to Mi-24 and rotorheads😅 about to see if their stats can go 5 digits, and have more flight time then most Mi-8 pilots….. I really need to do something about so I can have a real life! But there’s something about, trying to become perfect at rocket runs that always lures me into hopping on and trying my best to do accurate rocket attacks on vehicles as soon as that in launch range light comes on. Someone has got to show the Apache pilots that rockets aren’t paper weights and shouldn’t always be left home in place of ATGM🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by AeriaGloria

Hi Rotorheads,

I think it's great when people are so committed to a module. And also communicate that and share their knowledge. And if it still affects the Mi-24...I hope/wish that this will make it one of the best modules in DCS. Of all the modules in DCS, the Mi-24 is my favorite. Unfortunately, there is often not enough time for this. I'm happy if I can at least escape from everyday life for 1 or 2 hours one evening or the other. And with the Hin I can do that best. Currently I am in the process of adapting the free campaigns of the Mi-8 and KA-50 for the Mi-24. But work and family have priority.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

16 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

Hi Rotorheads,

I think it's great when people are so committed to a module. And also communicate that and share their knowledge. And if it still affects the Mi-24...I hope/wish that this will make it one of the best modules in DCS. Of all the modules in DCS, the Mi-24 is my favorite. Unfortunately, there is often not enough time for this. I'm happy if I can at least escape from everyday life for 1 or 2 hours one evening or the other. And with the Hin I can do that best. Currently I am in the process of adapting the free campaigns of the Mi-8 and KA-50 for the Mi-24. But work and family have priority.

I will be interested when you complete them, however long it takes!!! 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb AeriaGloria:

I will be interested when you complete them, however long it takes!!! 

Yes, that will take a while too. Just started this last night. I started with the KA-50 Medvedev campaign.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

17 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Lol, idk your username on rotorheads but I appreciate the thought🤣 sometimes I wish I could be less addicted to Mi-24 and rotorheads😅 about to see if their stats can go 5 digits, and have more flight time then most Mi-8 pilots….. I really need to do something about so I can have a real life! But there’s something about, trying to become perfect at rocket runs that always lures me into hopping on and trying my best to do accurate rocket attacks on vehicles as soon as that in launch range light comes on. Someone has got to show the Apache pilots that rockets aren’t paper weights and shouldn’t always be left home in place of ATGM🤣🤣🤣🤣

haha, I think the name might be the same on there? Might be Actionhank, I can never remember.

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to hop on and fly though!