new emergency wing sweep axis not animating correctly

9thHunt

I noticed a couple of issues with the new emergency wing sweep bindings. 

First off, initially, if you try to use the axis without pulling the handle out of the detent, it glitches, flickering between full spread and the axis position.  I noticed this because I initially forgot to bind the pull/push toggle.  I don't know if this was an artifact of not having that bound, but it went away after I bound the pull/push control and pulled the handle before moving it the first time.

Once I had that figured out though, I noticed another issue.  The lever now follows your axis position regardless of whether or not the lever is pulled out of the detent, and does not follow the wings.  This is probably a good question for an SME, but my understanding is that the lever normally is locked to the wing position when in the detent.

I know sometimes if you re-engage the handle without the wings matching its position you lose handle movement. 

see if it works if you wait for the wings to fully move and stop. Then push down the handle, hit the reset then move it/set it to auto with the control on the throttle. 

otherwise it may just not be able to both run the motion while also obeying the axis command even when locked in the spider detent. Short of having an actual follower motor on the joystick control, there may be no real solution given the lever and input device won’t be matched in position. Same problem with axis binds on trim wheels and autopilots. You’re just going to end up with position mismatch. 

Thanks for the report, there seems to be two bugs currently:

1) animation flickering between wing lever and axis position as they fight each other.
2) The lever not moving with the wing position when back in the detent and rather responding to player input, while the wings will move still by servo actuation, like auto, bomb, aft and fwd (without the lever updating).

We're investigating both as we speak.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/