TSD Threat Rings

lt_d4n

according to the changelog: Yellow rungs indicate estimated detection range and red rings indicate estimated engagement range

in the mission editor the option to hide in mfd is not checked and activated to show the threats in the tsd, but once inside the cockpit, I do not see the red ring in tsd. am I missing something else?

thks

Havent had a chance to try it.  But this is from OB update notes on how to see them.

• Add TSD Threat Rings. Threat rings are based on hostile air defence units placed in the Mission Editor that are not “Hidden on MFD”. To display, select TSD SHOW at T3, COORD SHOW at T6, and then PLANNED TGTS/THREATS at L5. Yellow rungs indicate estimated detection range and red rings indicate estimated engagement range. When enabled, threats will also be listed on the COORD page, COORD list. 

hace 12 minutos, RaisedByWolves dijo:

Havent had a chance to try it.  But this is from OB update notes on how to see them.

• Add TSD Threat Rings. Threat rings are based on hostile air defence units placed in the Mission Editor that are not “Hidden on MFD”. To display, select TSD SHOW at T3, COORD SHOW at T6, and then PLANNED TGTS/THREATS at L5. Yellow rungs indicate estimated detection range and red rings indicate estimated engagement range. When enabled, threats will also be listed on the COORD page, COORD list. 

yes, I did all that, I see the red radar symbol in the tsd, but I don't see the red ring that the changelog says, neither in the ase.

Will it refer to the range circles that appear in the editor?

Edited by lt_d4n

You need to make sure that you go to the SHOW>COORD subpage and select 'Threats/Targets'. The rings then appear. Note that this is pre-selected in the ATTACK phase.

Note that this a different page than the SHOW>THREATS page, but it's a prerequisite of the threats being displayed on the TSD. Not entirely sure if that's 100% correct, but there is sound logic to it.

Edited by AvroLanc

hace 6 minutos, AvroLanc dijo:

You need to make sure that you go to the SHOW>COORD subpage and select 'Threats/Targets'. The rings then appear. Note that this is pre-selected in the ATTACK phase.

yes, I have selected for threats/targets to appear, but I don't see the rings...

let’s see if someone can put a screenshot with the rings.

thks

11 minutes ago, lt_d4n said:

yes, I have selected for threats/targets to appear, but I don't see the rings...

let’s see if someone can put a screenshot with the rings.

thks

Can't grab a screenshot now but they are definitely in. 

Make sure SHOW>COORD 'Threats/Targets' selected.

Make sure SHOW>THREATS 'Threats' selected.

• ED Team

What AvroLanc said.  COORD SHOW enables the display of the points themselves. THRT SHOW enables the display of the rings of the Target/Threats shown.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Are you so far in the ring, that you don't see it ? 

TSD is default 15 KM and that is low compared to most Sams 🙂

EDIT: Rings shows up for me fine. 

Edited by macedk
  • Like 1

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

32 minutes ago, macedk said:

Are you so far in the ring, that you don't see it ? 

TSD is default 15 KM and that is low compared to most Sams 🙂

EDIT: Rings shows up for me fine. 

Didnt try it yet, any screenshot how it looks?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

10 hours ago, YoYo said:

Didnt try it yet, any screenshot how it looks?

Dcs don't host pictures, so I can't post any. Sorry. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

58 minutes ago, admiki said:

One thing I also noticed: threats have to be within map range for rings to be visible.

Meaning you won't see the ring as you are approaching until the threat at the center of the ring is actually shown on the map?  Then the ring shows up and you realize you are already inside the range?

51 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Meaning you won't see the ring as you are approaching until the threat at the center of the ring is actually shown on the map?  Then the ring shows up and you realize you are already inside the range?

You don't have to be in range if you select map range that is more than threat range, but if you are at small map scale, yes, you are correct.

35 minutes ago, admiki said:

You don't have to be in range if you select map range that is more than threat range, but if you are at small map scale, yes, you are correct.

Yeah, that's how it is at the moment. Pretty sure it's a BUG. The Hornet's rings behaved that way until corrected. Hard to believe it should work that way.

1 hour ago, AvroLanc said:

Yeah, that's how it is at the moment. Pretty sure it's a BUG. The Hornet's rings behaved that way until corrected. Hard to believe it should work that way.

One of IRL pilots confirmed it's a bug. Also, if you add a threat it should show threat rings, but it is not atm.