Throttle idle position and Throttle cutoff position bindings for helicopters with twist throttles

boomer92688

I was wondering if it would be possible to get button bindings for throttle idle position and cutoff positions for helicopters with twist throttles such as the UH-1H? 

For many of us with collectives that have the physical twist throttle, we have to come up with workarounds to get them to work from cold and dark, as DCS will not let an axis move the throttle until it's been moved past the idle detent via mouse or a button.  My current workaround is to press and hold a button bound to "throttle up," but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of having the twist throttle for immersion to begin with.  

If we could get bindings to move the throttle to those two positions (as we have in jets and the apache) we could make it work in the collective software by simply triggering the button press via the collective's software (virpil in my case) when the axis is at a specific range.  Then the throttle would work seamlessly as it should!

I'll be more than happy to provide any additional detail / information I can. 

• Like 2