Warthog HOTAS -> F16 autopilot issues

I'm getting nuts, tested 2 hrs, no success:

I am talking about getting the autopilot pitch "Alt hold", "AP off", ATT Hold" 3 way switch to work with the Warthogs APPAT, APAH and APALT switch (the autopilot path, heading, alt switch).

I am sending non modified, simple keys like a, t, r to the sim. Event tester gives the correct feedback. DCS recognizes it, i.e. I feed the keysettings with the keypresses from TARGET. a,t,r are routed to the controller settings.

In the F16, sometimes "a" (autopilot off"), works, but I recognized that you have to hold the keys a second or so to move from fully down ATT HOLD to fully up ALT HOLD as the switch is pushed over 2 positions - in that one second. One keypress with the Warthog HOTAS does not work. Multi keypresses dont work neither.

I simply dont get that damn Pitch AP to work. ROLL 2way switch works easily. Other switches work, just the Pitch...

Hasn't anybody mapped his ATT Hold / ALT Hold to any TARGET switch? It just works with "hold" (on H2 for example) instead of pulse and it does not work with the APPAT and the corresponding 3 way switch. I'm getting mad.

Hi. It also depends on what did you bound you keypress to; I mean, you better bind one key to " pitch autopilot switch/lever UP" and aonther to " pitch autopilot switch/lever DWN". This way, you can "navigate" betwen the three positions. 

If it is a three position switch, with dsscrete values per position, then do a direct to input bind, without the TARGET software in the loop.

Indeed, this last idea is what I would do, no matter what kind of physical lever/swith I have: one position to an input, whatever it is "switch UP" or "switch in X postion".

Saludos.

Saca111

I do this, without TARGET, by modifying the default.lua file.

{down = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ALT HOLD/AP OFF Mud'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch - ATT HOLD/AP OFF Mud'), category = {_('Special For Joystick'), _('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
})

I created it as a mod in OvGME so that I can enable it after an update without having to re-edit the file every time.

The file is located in Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Input\F-16C\joystick

Br,

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

On 5/20/2022 at 11:13 AM, void68 said:

Hasn't anybody mapped his ATT Hold / ALT Hold to any TARGET switch? It just works with "hold" (on H2 for example) instead of pulse and it does not work with the APPAT and the corresponding 3 way switch. I'm getting mad.

I'm using DX buttons for that, that way you don't send a keyboard command (or need to hold one). 

//Autopilot Select Switch
MapKey(&Throttle, APPAT, Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_ALT_HOLD); // DX88
MapKey(&Throttle, APAH, Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_A_P_OFF); // DX86
MapKey(&Throttle, APALT, Autopilot_PITCH_Switch_ATT_HOLD); // DX85

PS: I'm using the 120DX button mod to get more then 32 DX buttons. Gives you plenty of option for not using the keyboard.

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!