Anti-torque pedals microswitch

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

Hey guys. Looking through the changelog I see a lot of references to "anti-torque pedals microswitch" and several new settings and commands. Can anyone further explain what the anti-torque pedals microswitch is and how it works? Cheers!

• Added: Anti-torque pedals trim options Can choose between:
    • Instant Trim (does not read input for 0.5 sec. after trim button is pressed)
    • Central Position Trimmer Mode (does not read input until physical pedals axis returned to center)
  • Added: Anti-torque pedals automatic microswitch options. Can choose between:
    • Disable by setting pedal axis to neutral (This logic was built in module before, it engages microswitch as soon as yaw axis is deflected from neutral position)
    • Enable/Disable by presence/absence of pedal movement (this logic is added and it activates microswithing only for duration of pedal axis movement, deactivates it when axis stop moving)
    • Automatic Microswitch Off (disables any automatic pedals microswitch logic, control is only manual)
  • Added: Anti-torque pedals microswitch button bind (this bind allows manual control of pedals microswitch which will set heading autopilot channel to standby/adjust mode while it is pressed)
  • Added: Anti-torque Pedals Trimmer Button options (Unlike Mi-8, real Mi-24P pedals don't trim with cyclic trim button. In DCS trim for pedals is made for convenience):
    • Cyclic Trimmer Button (T) (Pressing Cyclic trim button will also trim virtual pedals axis, keyboard "T" by default)
    • Pedals Microswitch Button (Y) (Pressing pedals microswitch button will also trim virtual pedals axis, keyboard "Y" by default)
    • Do not trim (Will not trim virtual pedals axis, this is for pedals without springs etc. those which are stay where you left them)

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• Solution

Lots of threads on the topic already. But in short in real life there are switches that detect feet on the pedals. You put foot on pedals. Yaw autopilot only dampens movement. Take feet off and yaw AP holds heading. 

In Mi-8 and Mi-24 up until last patch this was simulated by having yaw AP in heading hold when pedals were within 9% of center. In Mi-8 it’s less of an issue becuase there is no dampening function. But Mi-24 has it when not in heading hold mode, it helps stability, reduce Dutch roll, increase weapon accuracy. And when it’s in heading hold mode, It will fight turns and when yaw AP reaches its 18% limit it will trim pedals without your consent. And becuase this is a helicopter, sometimes pedals are close to center when turning and puts it in heading hold fighting your turn and trimming you. So before you either had to avoid turning on yaw AP, over coordinate your turns, or like me use joystick gremlin profile to turn off yaw AP when within 9% of center. 

This just changes how it’s activated. Disabled by return to nuetral is how it was before patch. Automatic off gives you full manual control lane only changes AP mode through the micro switch bind (keyboard button Y). You can assign it to also trim pedals, or have cyclic trim also trim pedals. 

That’s the shortest version I have explained all day😅. ED made a good choice to have defeault set up be same as it was before patch, so nothing changes if you don’t know what this does, but if you know you can take advantage of the options. 

It’s been a pet peeve of mine that I’ve talked endlessly about on the forums here on almost any thread having to do with yaw and autopilot. Having this solution and these options is more then I ever hoped or expected. 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

thanks. this has solved my #1 issue wtih this bird: not having a pedal rudder trim. still not sure about the new heading hold feature but i'll experiemtn 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Just now, dresoccer4 said:

thanks. this has solved my #1 issue wtih this bird: not having a pedal rudder trim. still not sure about the new heading hold feature but i'll experiemtn 

It’s not necessarily new, it could always heading hold or dampen you. It just allows you to choose same as before “disable by return pedals to neutral” or a different method “only enable heading hold when pedals aren’t moved and enable dampening mode when movement detected”, or full manual control of the micro switches.

If you don’t change anything it will be same as before. You can just change trimmer button, and pedal trim style  

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

9 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

It’s not necessarily new, it could always heading hold or dampen you. It just allows you to choose same as before “disable by return pedals to neutral” or a different method “only enable heading hold when pedals aren’t moved and enable dampening mode when movement detected”, or full manual control of the micro switches.

If you don’t change anything it will be same as before. You can just change trimmer button, and pedal trim style  

thanks. while i have your attention here, I'm having an issue with regular stick trimmer: it's not working. I have stick trimmer mode and pedal trimmer mode to "instant trim".

however, when starting up on ground hot, pressing the force trimmer button does not trim the cyclic. however it does trim the rudder pedals. i've flown this bird a lot and pressing "trim button - press" used to keep your cyclic trimmed wherever you pressed the button (just like all of the other helo modules). now it only is trimming the rudder pedal.

I've attached a screenshot. I move the cyclic to the location seen in the upper-left corner, press "trim button", however nothing happens and the cyclic trim moves back to the center. is there another update that changed this behavior?

image.png

null

Edited by dresoccer4

vor 19 Minuten schrieb dresoccer4:

thanks. while i have your attention here, I'm having an issue with regular stick trimmer: it's not working. I have stick trimmer mode and pedal trimmer mode to "instant trim".

however, when starting up on ground hot, pressing the force trimmer button does not trim the cyclic. however it does trim the rudder pedals. i've flown this bird a lot and pressing "trim button - press" used to keep your cyclic trimmed wherever you pressed the button (just like all of the other helo modules). now it only is trimming the rudder pedal.

I've attached a screenshot. I move the cyclic to the location seen in the upper-left corner, press "trim button", however nothing happens and the cyclic trim moves back to the center. is there another update that changed this behavior?

Because the "instant trim" is not exactly like the former "default", which was not the best solution for standard peripherals in the first place.
And if you have a standard joystick and/or standard pedals (aka with springs that return the sticks and pedals to the centerpoint) you should have used "Central Position Trimmer Mode" in the first place (this is about the release point, or more precise, the point from which "new" inputs with the trims-state as "centerpoint zero" are stacked/accepted).
Which - even if you had set it before- was changed to "instant" by this patch.

Same as the rudder trim that was "enable rudder trim" before, it is about the details and combinations.
in your case both options should be "central" - simply because it works more reliably with most peripherals.

However for your PEDALS you now have a choice:
You could use "disable by setting pedal axis to neutral" as the safest options to translate the fidelic function of the module to your peripheral hardware (aka input devices).
OR you can use "presence/absence of pedal movement" if you fly with your pedals mostly off the center even with trimmed.
The third option rarely applies statistically, but it still is a very relevant option to have for many.

That is something you have to test (and weirdly enough, surely applies to some twist-stick users too).
Unless you run a very complex throttle quadrant, you should also operate with everything set to one button, not different buttons for the trim... again something you have to test out for yourself (if you can retrim pedals without messing up your cyclic trim by your general input behaviour, if not, use different buttons).

And check once twice thrice if you have "control helper" OFF.

image.png

Edited by rogorogo

2 hours ago, rogorogo said:

Because the "instant trim" is not exactly like the former "default", which was not the best solution for standard peripherals in the first place.
And if you have a standard joystick and/or standard pedals (aka with springs that return the sticks and pedals to the centerpoint) you should have used "Central Position Trimmer Mode" in the first place (this is about the release point, or more precise, the point from which "new" inputs with the trims-state as "centerpoint zero" are stacked/accepted).

Same as the rudder trim that was "enable rudder trim" before, it is about the details and combinations.
in your case both options should be "central" - simply because it works more reliably with most peripherals.

You could use "disable by setting pedal axis to neutral" as the safest options to translate the fidelic function of the module to your peripheral hardware (aka input devices).
OR you can use "presence/absence of pedal movement" if you fly with your pedals mostly off the center even with trimmed.
The third option rarely applies statistically, but it still is a very relevant option to have for many.

That is something you have to test (and weirdly enough, surely applies to some twist-stick users too).
Unless you run a very complex throttle quadrant, you should also operate with everything set to one button, not different buttons for the trim... again something you have to test out for yourself (if you can retrim pedals without messing up your cyclic trim by your general input behaviour, if not, use different buttons).

image.png

Only thing I would add, the “micro switches logic” section with the “Disable by setting to neutral” and “disable by detection of pedal movement” only applies to yaw AP micro switches and not trim. But yes that is your choice once you figure out how you want the trim. 

I have a FFB stick so I can’t comment too much on return to center trim, but everything rogorogo said about trimming seems right. 

And for OP, @dresoccer4, the main conversation on the current update’s additions to special options and micro switch behavior is thus thread 

Yes the title doesn’t fit. I didn’t anticipate it becoming a help thread but I should have. I only named it that becuase I have been talking about this issue and making threads for it since fall🤣😅

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Thanks 2

Loving no trim on pedals and disable by detection of movement mode,  the hind is a masterpiece and now rockets are like a sniper rifle so much more stability.  Thanks @AeriaGloria for being a very educated voice on this bird.  Really your posts I believe have elevated this modules fidelity greatly.  

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

1 hour ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

Loving no trim on pedals and disable by detection of movement mode,  the hind is a masterpiece and now rockets are like a sniper rifle so much more stability.  Thanks @AeriaGloria for being a very educated voice on this bird.  Really your posts I believe have elevated this modules fidelity greatly.  

I haven’t heard of anyone Getting the disable by detection of movement to work. I always thought that mode would be least popular becuase In a steady turn Where pedal position would stay the same, the pedal being the same would activate heading hold and fight the turn 

But the people I’ve talked to thatve tried the “disable by detection of movement” seem to say it’s extremely sensitive, and basically always dampening and never in heading hold fighting your turn. Is that your experience? That it’s not fighting turns and trying to maintain heading but only fighting changes in rate of movement? You can tell by looking at the left most window on the top right of the R control + enter menu. 

If it’s always dampening you and not heading holding, and that’s what you’re happy with. It might be worth setting micro switche logic to “automatic off” and binding the “Yaw Autopilot pedal align (Y on keyboard)” bind to a switch so it stays on. Becuase if it’s only the dampening that’s making you happy, there’s a chance with “disable by detection of movement” that at some point during a turn or attack it may unexpectedly detect not movement, put it in heading hold, and fight your heading change 

But that’s just something you might want to experiment with an try, just do what works. I’m glad you got it to work well and make your aiming/flying smoother 

I appreciate the compliments. I have an autopilot guide that’s linked in a thread here, but the yaw section is now outdated. I will update it and re publish as soon as I can 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

ill pay more attention but with route mode i do notice ill have to kick the left and right pedal to get it to center up, or on heavy wind add left or right pedal to get on course.  Give this mode a good go then try another

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

4 hours ago, rogorogo said:

image.png

thanks for all this info. i should have mentioned that i do have a FFB joystick, so thats why I thought the "instant trim" was the correct setting, as it replaced the default one from before (which was working fine with FFB). hmm ill try some other settings

UPDATE: so the setting I had to change to was "without springs and FFB" which now functions properly. the rudder is instant trim. now all is right in the universe

UPDATE 2: woo-hoo! this thing flies amazingly now! the heading hold function works incredibly well, it has very strong authority. and when I want to change heading, i simply twist my stick until i'm facing the way I want, and when I release pressure, the heading hold automatically updates to the new heading. this allows for super precise flying better than even the AH-64D in my opinion

Edited by dresoccer4

6 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

I haven’t heard of anyone Getting the disable by detection of movement to work. I always thought that mode would be least popular becuase In a steady turn Where pedal position would stay the same, the pedal being the same would activate heading hold and fight the turn 

But the people I’ve talked to thatve tried the “disable by detection of movement” seem to say it’s extremely sensitive, and basically always dampening and never in heading hold fighting your turn. Is that your experience? That it’s not fighting turns and trying to maintain heading but only fighting changes in rate of movement? You can tell by looking at the left most window on the top right of the R control + enter menu. 

That's my experience. In straight flight I press left pedal to initiate a turn left, yaw AP indicator goes all the way to the right and turning is slow and hard work. That with slow progressive pedal input, indicator slowly progressive moves in the opposite direction. I think manual will be what I am after but not keen on holding down a button while I am always manoeuvring. Maybe it won't be that bad. (dampened xwinds, no spring)

I also use central trim mode on cyclic (sprung joystick) and although I am a fan of this in the apache, but it just doesn't seem to work the same. It seems to be working like instant trim except not really trimming to where I expect. I always end up using the hat to correct it. Sometimes by a lot. I will try instant trim again and see. probably something I've missed.

1 hour ago, Hoirtel said:

That's my experience. In straight flight I press left pedal to initiate a turn left, yaw AP indicator goes all the way to the right and turning is slow and hard work. That with slow progressive pedal input, indicator slowly progressive moves in the opposite direction. I think manual will be what I am after but not keen on holding down a button while I am always manoeuvring. Maybe it won't be that bad. (dampened xwinds, no spring)

I also use central trim mode on cyclic (sprung joystick) and although I am a fan of this in the apache, but it just doesn't seem to work the same. It seems to be working like instant trim except not really trimming to where I expect. I always end up using the hat to correct it. Sometimes by a lot. I will try instant trim again and see. probably something I've missed.

Yeah default trim was changed to instant. 

I assigned the micro switch bind to a switch, so I just need to flip it and it holds. I’m sure you can also rig something up with joystick gremlin pretty easy to turn a button into a toggle/hold. 

If it goes all the way one direction and stays that’s heading hold mode. It’s easiest to tell in a constant turn, it will always move in the opposite direction of the turn. Since dampening mode only fights CHANGES in movement rate, it will be neutral during a constant bank angle turn, and only try to slow down the turn speeding up and fight is slowing down. 

It’s basically impossible to get full deflection constantly in dampening mode, you can reach full deflection if day your at low speed or hover and stomp on the pedal, but as soon as soon as the turn becomes consistent it will go neutral. 

10 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

Yeah default trim was changed to instant. 

I assigned the micro switch bind to a switch, so I just need to flip it and it holds. I’m sure you can also rig something up with joystick gremlin pretty easy to turn a button into a toggle/hold. 

If it goes all the way one direction and stays that’s heading hold mode. It’s easiest to tell in a constant turn, it will always move in the opposite direction of the turn. Since dampening mode only fights CHANGES in movement rate, it will be neutral during a constant bank angle turn, and only try to slow down the turn speeding up and fight is slowing down. 

It’s basically impossible to get full deflection constantly in dampening mode, you can reach full deflection if day your at low speed or hover and stomp on the pedal, but as soon as soon as the turn becomes consistent it will go neutral. 

Thanks, yeah I had changed the cyclic to central mode, but just wasn't trimming to where I expected. I'll try instant next time I fly, along with manual microswitch.

Here’s joystick gremlin if anyone wants to turn a button into a switch/toggle/hold. you assign it under the vjoy column in control section so it’s only a toggle/hold/switch for the particular module/binding you assign. You’ll probably need to also run vjoy to make it work, that one is harder to find 

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/download/

I used joystick gremlin for the past 8 months to turn off yaw AP automatically when pedals were close to center so I only had dampening and never heading hold. But with this patch I deleted that function, and just is it to add switches to axis. Like my twist stick, I have one button when I twist it left all the way and another button when twisting it right all the way. Makes it like having two extra HOTAS buttons

Edited by AeriaGloria

if I'm using non centering pedals (and non centering cyclic) and everything stays put when not held, is the rudder trim required with MI24 for comfortable flying while not firing weapons? Is it something to assist with the AP? Thank you - I've just purchased it but haven't yet flown it.

Edited by Dogmanbird

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Dogmanbird:

if I'm using non centering pedals (and non centering cyclic) and everything stays put when not held, is the rudder trim required with MI24 for comfortable flying while not firing weapons? Is it something to assist with the AP? Thank you - I've just purchased it but haven't yet flown it.

Difficult to tell..
The topic of "input translation", aka how to configure your peripherals to hand over inputs to the fidelic functions of the module you can only test out for yourself over time.
Based on your description of  your hardware peripherals a "no, rudder trim on special-tab level, peripheral level might not be needed" seems likely.. but you must find that out over time.
If you have such hardware the microswitch logic of "presence/absence of pedal movement" might apply too.

Once you have that figured out, cast it away as a given, do not think about it for now, considerit is "locked in".

Then you can focus on the fidelic functions, aka what the modules offers in behaviour and how and how much of it to use in what way for your immersive perception of fidelic "flying the Shaitan-Arba".
At this point talking about your stick takes on a different meaning and is actually talking about the cyclic, your pedals are the "anti torque pedals" (lol... soviet engineering terms.. oh my...) and the throttle is now the collective.

And that you have to go through - iteratively, until everything works as "it should" on a cellular level, aka for your personal situation.

And that is the problem, almost everyone does not make that differentiation, cannot discern between those topics, especially when it comes to bugs and seemingly including the product provider. That is not very feasible for debugging, especially when all layers have separate and stacking bugs.

And that is before the simple reality of different engineering cultures and language barriers hit. While "we" see and define "fly by wire", "dampeners", "FCS" and "autopilots" as different systems that used not to be the case in soviet engineering culture (and still is not in Russian engineering). "Autopilot" has a vastly different meaning that encompasses a wide scope of subfunctions... even down to the motorized servos hydraulic actuators manipulating the cyclic for a very mechanical linkage "trim".

examples:

Edited by rogorogo

vor 8 Minuten schrieb SMH:

There are 81 possible different combinations of these 4 settings with 3 options each. 😟

and thank the gods of russian proprietary product code for these 🙂
(although why these are not a unfified franchise-wise global standard for all rotary modules.. or at least Eagle-modules... 🤔 😕 🤷‍♂️ )

but in earnest.. despair not fellow fake digital pilot!

In 85++ % of cases this setting will apply...

image.png

the rest of combinations will be for A-segment peripherals, APIs, simpits....

the rest is already immersive.. aka in-module

Edited by rogorogo
  • Like 2

Thanks.

What does "Pedals Trimmer Button" do? Is it the same as the stick trimmer but broken out so it only does the pedals?

And I have a FFB stick, which disables Central Position Trimmer Mode even if you have it selected. (At least it used to.)

Edited by SMH

3 hours ago, Dogmanbird said:

No. Trim does nothing for pedals but make it so centered pedals don’t always have to be held. 

With your setup where nothing centers. The only thing where trim would make a difference is cyclic, as releasing cyclic trim also tells the autopilot pitch and roll what attitude to maintain 

1 minute ago, SMH said:

Thanks.

What does "Pedals Trimmer Button" do? Is it the same as the stick trimmer but broken out so it only does the pedals?

And I have a FFB stick, which disables Central Position Trimmer Mode even if you have it selected. (At least it used to.)

Yes. It used to be if you had pedal trim selected the cyclic trim button would trim both. Now you can choose to trim pedals separately, or to still have cyclic trim button trim everything 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rogorogo said:

and thank the gods of russian proprietary product code for these 🙂
(although why these are not a unfified franchise-wise global standard for all rotary modules.. or at least Eagle-modules... 🤔 😕 🤷‍♂️ )

but in earnest.. despair not fellow fake digital pilot!

In 85++ % of cases this setting will apply...

image.png

the rest of combinations will be for A-segment peripherals, APIs, simpits....

the rest is already immersive.. aka in-module

Even when I had regular CH pedals, low end stuff, I wanted the option to have Yaw AL in dampening mode at all times and be able to have manual control of micro switches so it only enters heading hold when I want it to. 

So yes I think your mostly right, Atleast this set up, the default set up is what it was like before and what people are familiar with. But no matter what pedals you have how good or bad, the heading hold when centered with “disabled by return to nuetral” will make the yaw AP fight your turns/maneuvers when close to center. So yeah, up to the user, it depends how much you know about the system, and how much you care about using it the way that fits you best. I bet you nearly half the people that fly with Mi-24P just keep yaw autopilot off except for straight and level flight, so it matters little to then unless they desire enhanced stability of dampening mode, like I did 

I do think it is helping me aim more accurately, and fly smoother, being able to have dampening mode no matter the pedal position. And heading hold even works better becuase I can have the pedals deflected very far and still have it work. 

Word of caution to people, if like me you assign pedal micro switches to a switch so it stays on/off. When you first turn on yaw autopilot it will default to heading hold mode (as “automatic off” implies”) no matter the switch position. So for people like me, who use dampening mode as the main mode for smooth/stable flying, you will need to move the switch after turning on yaw autopilot to get dampening mode no matter the position of the physical real life switch 

carefull @AeriaGloria, be precise with the labels to avoid confusion (since this also is now a help-thread especially relevant for the glancer-in-passing, so we must be precise beyond ambiguity).
When you refer to "yaw autopilot" you are refering to the FCS-Yaw-Dampener/assist that is the AP-"heading"-CHANNEL.

Many will easily confuse that with the actual autopilot mode "Route" - the "Autopilot Course (Route) Mode (SAU-V24)"

The microswitch logic will click the assist CHANNEL on and off, not bo be confused with what the "autopilot mode" does.
While very convenient and less straining, resulting in a much more "smoother" flight  - especially for twist stick users (of which I am one) - it also prevents "drift flight" and "crabbing", and will confine you to lower threshold limits in your maneuverability (if that it your interest).

And as Aeria typed, you simply have to find out what works for you or is needed for your personal situation based on your hardware and habits. But you must understand the difference between managing the input translation of your input peripherals, your physical hardware and the in-module application of the fidelic functions. 

You can reach any goal you have with either but not every combination will be as fidelic and as QoL as it could be.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

Lots of threads on the topic already. But in short in real life there are switches that detect feet on the pedals. You put foot on pedals. Yaw autopilot only dampens movement. Take feet off and yaw AP holds heading. 

In Mi-8 and Mi-24 up until last patch this was simulated by having yaw AP in heading hold when pedals were within 9% of center. In Mi-8 it’s less of an issue becuase there is no dampening function. But Mi-24 has it when not in heading hold mode, it helps stability, reduce Dutch roll, increase weapon accuracy. And when it’s in heading hold mode, It will fight turns and when yaw AP reaches its 18% limit it will trim pedals without your consent. And becuase this is a helicopter, sometimes pedals are close to center when turning and puts it in heading hold fighting your turn and trimming you. So before you either had to avoid turning on yaw AP, over coordinate your turns, or like me use joystick gremlin profile to turn off yaw AP when within 9% of center. 

This just changes how it’s activated. Disabled by return to nuetral is how it was before patch. Automatic off gives you full manual control lane only changes AP mode through the micro switch bind (keyboard button Y). You can assign it to also trim pedals, or have cyclic trim also trim pedals. 

That’s the shortest version I have explained all day😅. ED made a good choice to have defeault set up be same as it was before patch, so nothing changes if you don’t know what this does, but if you know you can take advantage of the options. 

It’s been a pet peeve of mine that I’ve talked endlessly about on the forums here on almost any thread having to do with yaw and autopilot. Having this solution and these options is more then I ever hoped or expected. 

I was testing for a friend. I can't get AP to trim pedals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rogorogo said:

carefull @AeriaGloria, be precise with the labels to avoid confusion (since this also is now a help-thread especially relevant for the glancer-in-passing, so we must be precise beyond ambiguity).
When you refer to "yaw autopilot" you are refering to the FCS-Yaw-Dampener/assist that is the AP-"heading"-CHANNEL.

Many will easily confuse that with the actual autopilot mode "Route" - the "Autopilot Course (Route) Mode (SAU-V24)"

The microswitch logic will click the assist CHANNEL on and off, not bo be confused with what the "autopilot mode" does.
While very convenient and less straining, resulting in a much more "smoother" flight  - especially for twist stick users (of which I am one) - it also prevents "drift flight" and "crabbing", and will confine you to lower threshold limits in your maneuverability (if that it your interest).

And as Aeria typed, you simply have to find out what works for you or is needed for your personal situation based on your hardware and habits. But you must understand the difference between managing the input translation of your input peripherals, your physical hardware and the in-module application of the fidelic functions. 

You can reach any goal you have with either but not every combination will be as fidelic and as QoL as it could be.

Ehhh words🤷 I would hope people could tell the difference between the yaw channel that affects anti torque and route mode that doesn’t and is only active at high speeds and within doppler limits, and not part of pitch/roll altitude row with displacement window, and not displayed on top right corner of right control + enter menu.

So respectfully, if someone seems confused I will make it clear, and if I confuse one, that is entirely my fault. But I will keep saying yaw channel or yaw autopilot. I would hope people know that the route mode is a separate entity. If people dont like it or get confused, they can let me know. I could easily say to also be careful to you, becuase yaw dampener can also be confused with the stabilization/dampening mode of yaw AP (fighting changes in rate of movement with micro switch pressed) and the hydraulic dampener in the pedals that limits movement speed and introduces large changes to heading hold when it runs out of authority(which seems no longer modeled), but I won’t say that. I would hope if you want to learn Mi-24P, you are prepared to be confused and have some similar terms that require study. Not starting an argument, just this is my particular phrasing, to each their own😆

Words are hard, I try my best, I really do, but you never know what words work best over the internet. I try to use the words consistent with real life documentation when possible, so I can pass on that knowledge, and people can have an understanding of the module close to reality without having to share sensitive documents here. And while I might decline your advice, I do appreciate the feedback on my teaching style, as I would want anyone to help me know how to help people better, so thank you! 

4 hours ago, admiki said:

I was testing for a friend. I can't get AP to trim pedals.

Answered you on discord. It’s interesting that the Yaw autopilot heading hold no longer switches to pedal dampener when out of authority to hold heading and thus trims the pedals without consent. I personally don’t care, that system annoyed me the way it messed with trim. But I’m sure there is some that would want it fixed. And I leave the bug report to them. If anything I care more about how the hydraulic pedal dampener interacts with the yaw autopilot, as I shared with you it seems to disable heading hold entirely (in reality)

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1