Anti-torque pedals microswitch

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by AeriaGloria,

12 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

I've just been testing manual microswitch and this performed as expected for me. However as I previously only switched the yaw AP channel on for cruise I still prefer to fly with it off altogether most of the time I'm not a huge fan of holding the button down all the time. However when I do use it I'm enjoying the extra control, maybe I just need more practice. Don't feel the need to retest pedals in motion mode as this performed the same way as manual without pressing the button. I'm not that slow on the pedals... Any faster, or pumping, isnt how I've learnt to fly. Even in combat or on the range. Just for interest how often is this channel used realistically? All the time? I always use pitch and roll channels although I can fly without. Hardly ever use alt unless cruising and even then I generally don't need it. Might be doing it wrong though. Thanks to @admikiand @AeriaGloriafor the posts. Been an interesting thread. 

In reality, the manuals says to have Yaw AP on from before take off until after landing. It is said that you should only fly without pitch, roll, and yaw AP when you are flying for the purposes of training and learning the helicopter. With feet on the pedals, the Dampening Mode is only assisting you, it may technically fight very fast quick movements for a short moment, but that also assists you to make all yaw movements smooth and gradual. As soon as yaw rate is consistent, it centers in dampening mode.

I also wish there was a way to bind it to a true toggle button that didn’t have to be held down. My switch in my warthog throttle is old and doesn’t work perfect, despite the switch holding itself in place sometimes it deactivates and I notice my helicopter jerk as the Yaw AP goes into heading hold and resists my turn. 

11 hours ago, Krez said:

I want to thank AeriaGloria for helping me to understand the changes by putting them in context.

My setup
WinWing Orion F/A-18 stick and throttle
Thrustmaster TFRP rudder.

Special Options are set as follows.
Stick Trimmer Mode: Instant Trim
Pedals Trimmer Mode: Instant Trim
Pedals Microswitch Logic: Automatic Off
Pedals: Do not Trim
Yaw channel is on.
I bound the microswitch "Y" to a HOTAS button.

Flying the Mi-24 is so much easier now that I understand what everything is doing and how they interact with each other with regards to the AP channels.

Again, thank you.

Glad to have helped. That is my goal all along! Happy flying! 

Wolfpack also just came out with this video. Probably better he did it and not me as I would’ve made it 20 minutes long with detailed descriptions of AP logic saying what’s proportional to what🤣🤣

As Wolfpack mentioned also special thanks to @molevitch, he sent me the same pedal video Wolfpack used. Initially I thought it was a random video but apparently it is an Mi-8 set being used for his simpit, and is identical to Mi-24 pedal in micro switches physical function. Molevitch has also provided me with lots of research that helped assist me to put some puzzle pieces together. There are some things you don’t figure out until you read 3 different translations of different things😅🤣🤣

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Does anyone know if the yaw AP heading hold authority was weakend? Prior to Beta patch you can take off without touching the padals strait up only by adding collective. Now with yaw AP on the heli gets spinning when you add more collective. Microswitch settings is in the default (pre patch) setting. Enable/Disable by deflection. 

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, jojojung said:

Does anyone know if the yaw AP heading hold authority was weakend? Prior to Beta patch you can take off without touching the padals strait up only by adding collective. Now with yaw AP on the heli gets spinning when you add more collective. Microswitch settings is in the default (pre patch) setting. Enable/Disable by deflection. 

Any ideas?

Yes. Assuming that take off conditions such as weight, temeprsture, and altitude are the same. 

There is a mode that heading hold goes into when it runs out of authority called “displacement” mode. It uses the SDV-5000 hydraulic dampener that slows down pedal movement to move the pedals by themselves when the Yaw AP is already maxed out. Before this patch and in Mi-8 you can see this happen by a yellow cryllic letter appearing next to the Yaw channel in the Right Control + Enter menu. 

It seems to have been removed. I’m afraid it might’ve been one of my bug reports, where I attempted to say that it would be nice to not have it automatically trim pedals when “Pedal Trimmer” was not selected, as it would trim your pedals whenever activated and thus required constant trim resets if using yaw AP throughout flight. 

Maybe it will Come back maybe not who knows. I won’t make a bug report on it. I already got what I want, and won’t bug ED further 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg